Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

If you loved the Crows, and hated Port growing up, and you get the opportunity to play for either club, with all else being equal, you are going to choose Port?
I would suggest it wouldn't be high on the decision making.
The potential for success, contract offer and who you'd be working with would be higher than who you barracked for as a kid.

What's your point? Melbourne didn't want Petty gone as they saw him as an important player to their premiership chance so knock back the offer, how is this the same as Lukosius?
Desperation smells a long time after the first time you show it im afraid

Crazy to think a club will just ignore this and view it as a one off scenario during negotiation. For Adelaide you do need a ball mover off HB and Lukosius fits the bill. I know GC tried him up forward but its not his go. He doesnt have the speed off the mark to get enough of the football, to make his strength in his kicking be effective.

For Adelaide he just suits you more.

Luko is an interesting case. The key question is does Dimma want him to go? If yes, I suspect the opposition team gets him relatively cheaply.

Or is it just from Dimma a statement that nobody is excluded from working hard, sticking to the plan. To be honest, some of Dimmer's decisions regarding players roles were baffling for me. I guess he is assessing players, their roles.

As far for Luko potential, look at how well he played second half last season. He was confident and kicked straight. This year, he seems does not fit into Dimma plan or Dimma still did not find out how to best use him while shuffling him around. For me it's pretty clear that high forward role like last year is the best for him with deliveries inside 50 and sneaking into forward line.

For sure Luko's body language looks poor sometimes, but just for illustration, against Eagles he had more tackles than Flanders and Anderson combined.

Luko was always very happy on GC and showing a strong support for the cause. He has a strong bond with Ballard, King, Rowell, Anderson. Shipping Luko could have a negative impact on team chemistry.

Suns do have developing talls - Read, Walter. Andrew started to get some time forward too. This will be fascinating to watch. If Dimma teaches him a lesson, wants him to work harder and still wants him to stay he will not be cheap. If Dimma gave up on him he could be a bargain.

Will Luko buckle down and work hard to prove his case or does he request trade? Did Dimma sign his papers?

Last edited:
Desperation smells a long time after the first time you show it im afraid

Crazy to think a club will just ignore this and view it as a one off scenario during negotiation. For Adelaide you do need a ball mover off HB and Lukosius fits the bill. I know GC tried him up forward but its not his go. He doesnt have the speed off the mark to get enough of the football, to make his strength in his kicking be effective.

For Adelaide he just suits you more.
Well, one player is a required player by the club so they rejected the offer. Also, Lukosius kicked nearly 40 goals last year playing as a forward. Hardwick somehow started him back and he was very poor then there was media pressure to play him back forward and hasn't been as good as last year outside kicking 5 goals against Geelong.

Last edited:
Well, one player is a required player by the club so they rejected the offer. Also, Lukosius kicked nearly 40 goals last year playing as a forward. Hardwick somehow started him back and he was very poor then there was media pressure to play him back forward and hasn't been as good as last year outside kicking 5 goals against Geelong.
What is the source that we offered pick 10 for Petty? I never saw this.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Probably since we only had pick 10 and McAdam so they think this was offered but then some also thought we offered this year's 1st rounder as well lol.
Considering we didn't get the deal done, I'd assume pick 10 was off the table.

If you loved the Crows, and hated Port growing up, and you get the opportunity to play for either club, with all else being equal, you are going to choose Port?

Scott Thompson was a port fan and chose us, doesn't necessarily mean anything

It's never equal though, even list potential of each team and coaching staff are different. Players love the place they want to live and money a lot more than a team they went for as a kid. Remember, they haven't barracked for that team as an adult.

Are you working for an ice cream company or a beer company if all things are equal?

I would suggest it wouldn't be high on the decision making.
The potential for success, contract offer and who you'd be working with would be higher than who you barracked for as a kid.
As it stands today, Adelaide is at the end of a rebuild, he has his ex team mate, and school mate, Izak, and if Adelaide can offer the same $ and conditions as Port, he ain't going to Port.
Remember when we all thought Polak might come to the Crows over Port, the team he was a mad supporter over? Even when we had his best mate Brodie Smith?
Yeah, he hated the Crows and was never coming to us.
To think the opportunity to play for the team you grew up supporting plays no role.in decision making is silly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As it stands today, Adelaide is at the end of a rebuild, he has his ex team mate, and school mate, Izak, and if Adelaide can offer the same $ and conditions as Port, he ain't going to Port.
Remember when we all thought Polak might come to the Crows over Port, the team he was a mad supporter over? Even when we had his best mate Brodie Smith?
Yeah, he hated the Crows and was never coming to us.
To think the opportunity to play for the team you grew up supporting plays no role.in decision making is silly.
I didn't say it didn't play a role, just don't think it would be number 1.

I am at a bit of a loss with this one.

Jack is a mediocre forward at AFL level. He's not quick enough or big enough, he doesn't work anywhere near hard enough, and despite his major asset being his disposal, he is a very poor kick for goal.

Put him at half back or on a wing and you've got someone with an absolute weapon. A genuinely transformative player; arguably the best field kick in the game.

It's a major asset and it's going to waste.

If they're not playing him in the back half then they should move him on, but he can no longer be valued as the prodigious kid he once was. He's a 24 year old who now 6 years into his career, has achieved very little.

Of course, he's still contracted so the Suns will dictate the price, but if they do want him out it's a tricky situation. I'll be stunned if there's a first round pick in any exchange unless there's more coming back the other way alongside Jack.

Maybe if he was still a kid, but he's 24 now.

Contract $$$, opportunity, and relationships are far bigger drivers in where players end up. Those things will rarely - if ever - be considered 'equal' at any potential employer.

Players don't carry the same petty rivalries they did as kids once they've been in the system for half a decade.

Bailey Smith was a Hawthorn nuffy growing up - so much so that he would've been the type to use BigFooty - and all the mail says he's Geelong bound.

Luko probably does end up at the Crows, but the driving force won't be because he barracked for them as a kid.

I am at a bit of a loss with this one.

Jack is a mediocre forward at AFL level. He's not quick enough or big enough, he doesn't work anywhere near hard enough, and despite his major asset being his disposal, he is a very poor kick for goal.

Put him at half back or on a wing and you've got someone with an absolute weapon. A genuinely transformative player; arguably the best field kick in the game.

It's a major asset and it's going to waste.

If they're not playing him in the back half then they should move him on, but he can no longer be valued as the prodigious kid he once was. He's a 24 year old who now 6 years into his career, has achieved very little.

Of course, he's still contracted so the Suns will dictate the price, but if they do want him out it's a tricky situation. I'll be stunned if there's a first round pick in any exchange unless there's more coming back the other way alongside Jack.

Exactly this. IF he leaves it will be driven by GC as they have him signed for years. So if he does go it’s partially a salary dump. A pick around 15-25 will get it down I would have thought. Which is a fair price for a decent player

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'd say a swap of pick 4 for Suns middle first rounder currently 12 (the one not tied up in a deal for Rioli) and Lukosius.
That's not going to work for the Crows.

Perhaps 4 and F2 for 6 and Luko?

That's probably the only way 4 can be involved.

Or perhaps F1 for Luko and 20?

Now they've made clear they consider him VFL level talent and that he's not in Hardwick's future plans, they've tanked his value.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back