Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

With a cloud hanging over Marshall and Dixon nearly done.
Don't be surprised if Port become involved chasing Lukosius with Melbourne being involved

Last 2 years are $1M a season??? Well, that's definitely a big salary dump and even bigger than Bowes, they should be giving us their pick 10 lol.

That wont happen again.

It wouldn't be too much.
The talk is his last two years are nearly a million a year, he isn't even in your best 22, and the club is pushing him out.
Second rounder or late first if you want the Crows to take on his enormous wage.
What did Kingy call him? A beautiful failure or something like that. Jack Watts mark 2 I think he also called him.
It sounds like GC don't him any more.
Club is pushing him out? He has been in poor form this year no doubt after kicking nearly 2 goals a game last year, and I have been frustrated with him all year calling for him to be looked at as someone with currency.

But I'm not sure dropping him for the first time in his career is pushing him out the door, a lot of very good players have been dropped at one point or another, wouldn't be surprised if he plays this weekend.

Will wait and see how it all shakes out once silly season ramps up before you put a big black spot next to his name.

Club is pushing him out? He has been in poor form this year no doubt after kicking nearly 2 goals a game last year, and I have been frustrated with him all year calling for him to be looked at as someone with currency.

But I'm not sure dropping him for the first time in his career is pushing him out the door, a lot of very good players have been dropped at one point or another, wouldn't be surprised if he plays this weekend.

Will wait and see how it all shakes out once silly season ramps up before you put a big black spot next to his name.
Nicks would have had to be given permission from GCS to speak directly to Lukosius though??

When a new coach comes in he will chamge the team to suit his gameplan. He will be looking at bringing players in, and moving players out.
Jack is one of the highest paid players in the team, and has found himself not in the coaches best 22.
When you are getting the coin Luko is, you better not be in the 2nds at the end of the year, with a new coach.

I get you maybe trying to keep his value up, but no one believes a player on nearly a million a year for two more years, who the media has dubbed Jack Watts 2.0, is worth alot at the trade table. Maybe if GC pay half his salary, the pick goes up.

I think that horse bolted years ago.
The Swans met with Tippett in an Adelaide hotel prior to the preliminary final, and he went on to play the worst game of his life. The AFL didn't care.
QF at home we lost then played Freo before getting robbed against Hawks

always wondered how he would have gone if we made the GF

What is Lukosius actually worth in a trade? I'm assuming Adelaide's first is too much and their second is too little. Is it a future first perhaps, or does Adelaide split pick 4?
I would hope 4 stays in our back pocket, we need help in the midfield and this seems a decent draft to have a crack at that with a pretty even spread of mids early. Futures would be on the table for sure.

I'm not sure it helps GC though with Lombardi bid and what Richmond will want for Rioli too. Richmond need picks this year no good stacking futures get the ball rolling on their re-build.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noise in the media of a F2 as it will be a salary dump and Hardwick wants him gone.

Not sure why this is getting laugh reacts. If his contract is moving with him, a future second would be fair. Possibly even overs for Adelaide.

Not sure why this is getting laugh reacts. If his contract is moving with him, a future second would be fair. Possibly even overs for Adelaide.
They are equating he was a previous pick 2 so F2 is very unders. Well they should look what Schache who was also contracted got traded for, especially if his contract of $700K was heavily backend with $1M for the last 2 years.

I wouldn't be surprised. Dimma always hated the type of player Lukosius is when he was with us.

I wouldn't be paying much for him if I were Adelaide either.
Strangely he played him in defense when he was good playing forward the previous year, there was media noise so played him back forward and has been very poor outside kicking 5 goals against Geelong.

Strangely he played him in defense when he was good playing forward the previous year, there was media noise so played him back forward and has been very poor outside kicking 5 goals against Geelong.
I think if Lukosius wasn't a senior player on big coin who is good mates with the club's stars, Dimma probably would have dropped him a lot sooner than last week.

We had plenty of lead-up types who were a bit timid at the contest and Dimma couldn't find a way to make them work. The moment he gave up on trying and started valuing contest-winning over size with our forwards (e.g. playing Caddy/Townsend over Griffiths/Elton in late 2017) our front half started functioning a lot better.

Coming home to the Crows for a F2 looks to be firming. We've got plenty of cap space so contract size no biggie.

I expect the deal is already all but done, so both clubs can concentrate on the the more difficult trades they have in the pipeline this year.

They are equating he was a previous pick 2 so F2 is very unders. Well they should look what Schache who was also contracted got traded for, especially if his contract of $700K was heavily backend with $1M for the last 2 years.
Yep. Take McHenry for us. I would literally drive him to the airport and send him off if a club would take him ad I would not want anything in return and he was pick 16 in that same draft

I wouldn't be surprised. Dimma always hated the type of player Lukosius is when he was with us.

I wouldn't be paying much for him if I were Adelaide either.
Regardless of what the supporters on BF like to say, GC does have cap tightness, and Luko is one of their highest paid players, who isnt in the coaches immediate plans.

I think Dimma thinks Luko is excess to needs, and by moving him out he will be able to bring in someone like Rioli who is more needed than Luko is.
Hardwick is expected to get results, and he will be ruthless with the list to get what he thinks he needs. Supporters sentimental feelings towards a player they used pick 2 to get, isn't his priority.

Now, the whole spanner in this is Luko himself. He might decide he wants to stay and fight for his spot, in which case it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

I think Dimma thinks Luko is excess to needs.
Na I don't reckon. Dimma just thinks Luko isn't a very good player.

Key forwards are a list need for GC, at least in the short-term. That's why Andrew is playing there and not down back.

Key forwards are a list need for GC, at least in the short-term. That's why Andrew is playing there and not down back.
I think if they can swap Luko for Rioli in this off season and not have had to lose too much along the way, that will work much better for them structurally

I don't think he suit Hardwick's game plan, they are very good at getting the ball inside 50 but very poor at converting them to scoring opportunity and he isn't a contested beast in the air or on the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back