Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine if Luko ends up at Adelaide. All those people that warned GC should not draft Luko and Rankine back in 2018 due to the risk they may well end up back in SA and were shouted down may have had a valid point. Still, until Luko moves, he hasn't and may not and is still up on the coast

Imagine if Luko ends up at Adelaide. All those people that warned GC should not draft Luko and Rankine back in 2018 due to the risk they may well end up back in SA and were shouted down may have had a valid point. Still, until Luko moves, he hasn't and may not and is still up on the coast
I mean for Rankine yeah, but Luko doesn't want to go back really, just might have the writing on the wall for him.

Jack, if you're reading this, please come to Carlton and get in the gym this offseason.

Also, if you could do something mildly frowned upon off the field so your trade value tanks, that would be superb.
Or the Dees, where Melbourne will be looking for new players.

No different to the amount of Crows supporters in here having a crack at telling us his worth too. Everyone has their opinions

McAdam played 7 games last year and Adelaide got a 2nd rounder for him

Luko has played 20 games this year and Adelaide expect him for a 2nd rounder..

Hmmmm.. It's hard to hide your biases isn't it
McAdam went to a top 4 side for a F2 expected to be pick 32-36 and they didn't have to pay his remaining salary which is heavily backend for 2 years at $1M. More importantly, we wanted to keep McAdam but he rejected our offer.

Seems like a, "don't need him to go, but fine with going" contract status. Tough to value but I'd say something between 10 and 20 is the value range. Suns likely more than happy to take that value next year as well.
Its why I think it will be more of a future 2nd + future 3rd fot Lukosius and 47. Adelaide then move 47 on for a future 3rd from a club like Essendon who need a extra pick in this draft

Its why I think it will be more of a future 2nd + future 3rd fot Lukosius and 47. Adelaide then move 47 on for a future 3rd from a club like Essendon who need a extra pick in this draft
Not enough IMO. Think it needs a first for GC but they tend to do things differently so there so who knows.

Not enough IMO. Think it needs a first for GC but they tend to do things differently so there so who knows.
Would normally agree but GC a different prospect. Once again they need draft points more then picks cos of the academy kids they got for next year . Draft points equivalent to a pick 15-20 is the same result to them

From the 4:30 minute mark Twomey mentioned his remaining contract is $1M and somehow this isn't like Bowes a few years ago with a salary dump so require an early pick lol. GCS supporters should be happy we aren't asking for one of their 1st rounders which the Victorian clubs would get to take on Lukosius salary dump.

From the 4:30 minute mark Twomey mentioned his remaining contract is $1M and somehow this isn't like Bowes a few years ago with a salary dump so require an early pick lol. GCS supporters should be happy we aren't asking for one of their 1st rounders which the Victorian clubs would get to take on Lukosius salary dump.

That's not what Twomey says.

He said Luko is on a lucrative contract and IF HE IS TO BE DRAGGED OUT it will be at the $1M level. Meaning he will need to be paid that to leave.

It's not a salary dump, the Suns do not HAVE to trade him. Try really hard to understand that please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He said Luko is on a lucrative contract and IF HE IS TO BE DRAGGED OUT it will be at the $1M level. Meaning he will need to be paid that to leave.

It's not a salary dump, the Suns do not HAVE to trade him. Try really hard to understand that please.
There's been posts Lukosius 4 year $700K contract was heavily backend and his last few years is at $1M, how much do think Twomey means by lucrative if not $1M but can be smooth out so offer him another 2 years to be $700-800K? Also, if we are offering F2 then you aren't paying any of his 2 years $1M salary so it's will be a salary dump.

He has been dropped, the club has allowed him to speak to the Crows/Nicks, The Suns have both an impending salary cap issue and have players coming through or ALREADY at the club who appear more capable in every position Lukosius has played in.

The Suns don't HAVE to trade him, but they'd be stupid with their list management not to.

None of that screams value at the trade table for the Suns.

There's been posts Lukosius 4 year $700K contract was heavily backend and his last few years is at $1M, how much do think Twomey means by lucrative if not $1M but can be smooth out so offer him another 2 years to be $700-800K? Also, if we are offering F2 then you aren't paying any of his 2 years $1M salary so it's will be a salary dump.
This doesn't make it true. No one on BF knows what he is paid.

IMO Twomey probably has a good idea as he talks to player managers. So if he says it will need to be $1m to get him to move that is more than he is getting at the Suns.

Last edited:
This doesn't make it true. No one on BF knows what he is paid.

IMO Twomey probably says a good idea as he talks to player managers. So if he says it will need to be $1m to get him to move that is more than he is getting at the Suns.
So how much do you define "lucrative" as? I wouldn't call $700-800K as "lucrative", $900K is and definitely $1M. Any talks on your board whether his contract was heavily backend for the last few year? Kind of make sense why GCS are open to trading him.

He has been dropped, the club has allowed him to speak to the Crows/Nicks, The Suns have both an impending salary cap issue and have players coming through or ALREADY at the club who appear more capable in every position Lukosius has played in.

The Suns don't HAVE to trade him, but they'd be stupid with their list management not to.

None of that screams value at the trade table for the Suns.
The club has no control over who he speaks to. They may know, they may approve, but they can't stop him talking to whoever he likes even if they don't approve. Him talking to Nicks doesn't mean necessarily being pushed out.

So how much do you define "lucrative" as? I wouldn't call $700-800K as "lucrative", $900K is and definitely $1M. Any talks on your board whether his contract was heavily backend for the last few year?
Nothing I've seen.

He may well leave, and it may be to the Crows, just don't expect a Bowes type deal.

Maybe the melbourne 2nd and F2 and we get an F3 or F4 back. It won't involve pick 4 you would have to think and if it does, plenty on our board would be saying just take that pick to the draft and get the best mid we can

Maybe the melbourne 2nd and F2 and we get an F3 or F4 back. It won't involve pick 4 you would have to think and if it does, plenty on our board would be saying just take that pick to the draft and get the best mid we can
Definitely not the first pick, though you could argue short of having sights set on Draper, that breaking it up a bit has merit in this draft. Might even be missing on Draper anway

Definitely not the first pick, though you could argue short of having sights set on Draper, that breaking it up a bit has merit in this draft. Might even be missing on Draper anway
Its an interesting one that (splitting the pick). I can't say too much but Draper may not be our no 1 target??? But thats becauae there is some real quality at the top of the draft this year that we will be in the hitting zone for if we hold that pick

Nothing I've seen.

He may well leave, and it may be to the Crows, just don't expect a Bowes type deal.
Well, yeah because the media has been reporting us giving a F2 which will probably be dependent on how much of the $1M you are covering for the remainder of his 2 years contract and you guys aren't offering us a first rounder like the Bowes deal but both are still salary dump. Jenkins is so clueless, Lukosius will likely get offer another 2 year at $500K so his contract will eventually be 4 years at $750K.

Well, yeah because the media has been reporting us giving a F2 which will probably be dependent on how much of the $1M you are covering for the remainder of his 2 years contract and you guys aren't offering us a first rounder like the Bowes deal but both are still salary dump. Jenkins is so clueless, Lukosius will likely get offer another 2 year at $500K so his contract will eventually be 4 years at $750K.

I agree with Jenkins that I would be chasing high end midfielders before forwards if I was Adelaide, but why do you think would he take a significant pay cut for the 2 years after when he is going in to his prime? 500k would be average afl wage or below in 2 years.

I agree with Jenkins that I would be chasing high end midfielders before forwards if I was Adelaide, but why do you think would he take a significant pay cut for the 2 years after when he is going in to his prime? 500k would be average afl wage or below in 2 years.
This is provided he will only cost us a F2 since we are taking a significant chunk of the remaining salary and he isn't taking a pay cut, he will be earning more than the $700K at 4 year contract he signed with GCS. Maybe we offer more for those other 2 years so it end up $800-850K at 4 years but no one is offering $1M at 4 years which is what Jenkins is thinking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back