Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

This is provided he will only cost us a F2 since we are taking a significant chunk of the remaining salary and he isn't taking a pay cut, he will be earning more than the $700K at 4 year contract he signed with GCS. Maybe we offer more for those other 2 years so it end up $800-850K at 4 years but no one is offering $1M at 4 years which is what Jenkins is thinking.
But either you or Gold Coast have pay him the full amount he is owed for the last 2 years of his contract, I can’t imagine him deciding to sign another one for average wage just for the privilege of receiving what he is already owed.

But either you or Gold Coast have pay him the full amount he is owed for the last 2 years of his contract, I can’t imagine him deciding to sign another one for average wage just for the privilege of receiving what he is already owed.
So you think there's a club who is offering him $1M at 4 years? The additional 2 years he get signing at a new club is better than GCS delisting him after his 2 years is up, NO?

So you think there's a club who is offering him $1M at 4 years? The additional 2 years he get signing at a new club is better than GCS delisting him after his 2 years is up, NO?
I absolutely don’t think any club is offering him 4 years at a million, but I also think it’s crazy to expect him to sign an extension at half the money he was previously on just as he is hitting his prime.

I absolutely don’t think any club is offering him 4 years at a million, but I also think it’s crazy to expect him to sign an extension at half the money he was previously on just as he is hitting his prime.
Fair point, so GCS need to absorb some of his remaining salary otherwise offer one of their 1st rounder like what they did with Bowes only a few years ago. Maybe that's why the other Victorian clubs are now apparently interested.....

The club has no control over who he speaks to. They may know, they may approve, but they can't stop him talking to whoever he likes even if they don't approve. Him talking to Nicks doesn't mean necessarily being pushed out.
They actually do. The Crows are not allowed to talk directly to a contracted player without the express permission of the club he is contracted with. That's what they have managers for.
His manager can talk to whoever he wants to do, and report that back to Luko, and also then report back to the club what Luko thinks.
That is totally different to a direct 1:1 meeting between a contracted player, in season, and the coach of an opposition club. The only way that happens is if GC say they can, which means, the GC are giving him permission to look at his options. So happy are they for him to do it, they allowed it to happen when the home and away season was still going.

Here's the reality. If a player is getting dropped, he doesn't find out when the lists are published by the AFL on Thursday, the coach will bring him in to let him know in advance, and give him feedback as to why, and what he needs to do to get back into the side.
We can then deduce from there.
Luko gets dropped, has meeting with coach, then has a club sanctioned meeting with an opposition coach after the meeting.
You have to be pretty dimwitted not to be able to follow the bouncing ball.

Perhaps I am over rating Lukosius considering all of the other talk on here, but I think he is a very good player who is about to come into his prime. I think he would be worth about pick 12 in a typical draft.

I also think he would be a great fit at Adelaide so I would be more than happy for them to pay that.

Richmond need a forward, straight swap for Dan Rioli.

If he leaves (hope he doesn't, but...), it'd probably be with a restriction of going to SA (or a specific SA club), so this is unlikely.

It'd be a good fit otherwise, although I'd rate Luko as being more valuable, so I'm not so happy about it being a straight swap.

They actually do. The Crows are not allowed to talk directly to a contracted player without the express permission of the club he is contracted with.
Yeah nah. One coach was mentioned on Backchat a couple of weeks ago as speaking personally to 20+ players every year.

They said it happens all the time.

Yeah nah. One coach was mentioned on Backchat a couple of weeks ago as speaking personally to 20+ players every year.

They said it happens all the time.
I don't think anyone will deny it happens

I think the point he was trying to make in this case was Nicks traveling up to the GC to meet with him and it seemingly being public knowledge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Far enough

I really only skimmed over the article

Was there any push back from WC?

Or were WC aware of the meeting and it was only a secret from the media?

I guess all I've seen is Hardwick talk up Lukosius since. Though notice after missing last week he's been named in 2's this week
No blowback as far as I know, just usual club fluff like "We're expecting him to be here next year/no discussion taken plat" etc.

I mean, he's tested the waters for 2 years now, so not too much of a surprise.

No blowback as far as I know, just usual club fluff like "We're expecting him to be here next year/no discussion taken plat" etc.

I mean, he's tested the waters for 2 years now, so not too much of a surprise.
So similar to Hardwick with Lukosius. Perhaps they knew and the media ran with a bit of sensationalism in the headline?

Did notice they mentioned Mitchell had been to Sydney as well to meet Perryman

FIIK

So similar to Hardwick with Lukosius. Perhaps they knew and the media ran with a bit of sensationalism in the headline?

Did notice they mentioned Mitchell had been to Sydney as well to meet Perryman

FIIK
Mitchell's traveled to meet a lot of players apparently.

Media blew up the Barrass thing at the time but ex-players were like "meh, happens all the time"

If Hardwick hasn't seen what he wants then yes and whether someone would be interested in 2 years time as well, maybe as depth player.

Yeah, I mean we really should be grateful if Adelaide would just take him off out hands.

What do you think we'd need to do to sweeten the deal enough for you to do that?

I think where luko ends up will be dependant upon the status of Todd Marshall

Maybe the melbourne 2nd and F2 and we get an F3 or F4 back. It won't involve pick 4 you would have to think and if it does, plenty on our board would be saying just take that pick to the draft and get the best mid we can

Have it on pretty good authority that 4 isn’t going anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Would normally agree but GC a different prospect. Once again they need draft points more then picks cos of the academy kids they got for next year . Draft points equivalent to a pick 15-20 is the same result to them
This isn’t accurate, Uwland is the only standout of next years academy, we have plenty of picks we can move into next year if we think we need points but that’s unlikely

Luko is contracted for 2 more years after this one, if he wants to leave then the price needs to be right

Last edited:
In the end he is a contacted player, unless it is to our advantage there is no need to let him go. We don’t have cap issues and he is a very handy player. Only reason I can see it is if it helps us get Rioli ( which I’m against BTW).

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back