Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

In the end he is a contacted player, unless it is to our advantage there is no need to let him go. We don’t have cap issues and he is a very handy player. Only reason I can see it is if it helps us get Rioli ( which I’m against BTW).
Dependent on whether Hardwick see him as part of the future going forward especially if his contract has been as heavily backend as reported, you don't want to pay $1M of your salary cap for the next 2 years to a VFL player then delist him and get nothing.

In the end he is a contacted player, unless it is to our advantage there is no need to let him go. We don’t have cap issues and he is a very handy player. Only reason I can see it is if it helps us get Rioli ( which I’m against BTW).
Are you sure there’s no cap issues?

Especially considering the rumours you want to sign Mac Andrew up to a massive extension.

There’s also not much of note coming off the books this year other than Ellis and we know the club has had big salary cap issues the last couple of years as well.

They may have got back to a decent position after the last year or two but wouldn’t surprise if they have issues again since Ben King’s extension and Mac Andrew extension planning which would both be monster prices.

Dependent on whether Hardwick see him as part of the future going forward especially if his contract has been as heavily backend as reported, you don't want to pay $1M of your salary cap for the next 2 years to a VFL player then delist him and get nothing.

Are you sure there’s no cap issues?

Especially considering the rumours you want to sign Mac Andrew up to a massive extension.

There’s also not much of note coming off the books this year other than Ellis and we know the club has had big salary cap issues the last couple of years as well.

They may have got back to a decent position after the last year or two but wouldn’t surprise if they have issues again since Ben King’s extension and Mac Andrew extension planning which would both be monster prices.
Lots of speculation to create a certain narrative, the facts are

Luko has been dropped, hence the speculation
Hardwick has stated he is a talented and required player (could be BS but that’s what was said)
He is contracted for the next 2 years, the terms of that are unknown
Mac Andrew is also contracted through 2025, so no immediate need to re-sign

Now for my “opinion” do I think that the Suns would entertain an offer, yes but only if it was a piece that would help secure Rioli, I personally don’t agree with over paying for a 28 yo HBF but what the hell do I know

He’s kicked 5 so far today in the ressies, looks very engaged
If Atkins is getting 40 possessions, don't reckon there is much competition...

The main issue is he is not in the AFL team... again.

If Atkins is getting 40 possessions, don't reckon there is much competition...

The main issue is he is not in the AFL team... again.
Rested one week, dominated the reserves the next, If he is in the seniors next week then what does that mean?

Lots of speculation to create a certain narrative, the facts are

Luko has been dropped, hence the speculation
Hardwick has stated he is a talented and required player (could be BS but that’s what was said)
He is contracted for the next 2 years, the terms of that are unknown
Mac Andrew is also contracted through 2025, so no immediate need to re-sign

Now for my “opinion” do I think that the Suns would entertain an offer, yes but only if it was a piece that would help secure Rioli, I personally don’t agree with over paying for a 28 yo HBF but what the hell do I know

Crows fans getting excited about the idea of getting pick 10 + a former number 1 pick for a F2, just cos Crows.

I'll raise you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing a few Crows fans saying he can play the “Tom Lynch” role. I have not seen anything to indicate he can play what was one of the hardest working roles in footy in that 2015-2017 Crows side.

I’m not surprised Dimma wants to persist with Walter over him, Walter 2nd and 3rd efforts are great. And not surprised he wants Andrew who launches at the ball. And obviously Ballard & Collins ahead of him as a defender.

I think he plays 100+ games elsewhere, but never achieves a whole lot. Sort of player who can hold your side back because he is paid at say 750k due to hype and occasional good games, but overall is a 350k performer.

I think the Suns don’t play hardball and Crows get him for a pick around the late teens/early 20s. Slots in alongside Riley & Fogarty, but they are the main events and Luk will ultimately fizzle out.

Seeing a few Crows fans saying he can play the “Tom Lynch” role. I have not seen anything to indicate he can play what was one of the hardest working roles in footy in that 2015-2017 Crows side.

I’m not surprised Dimma wants to persist with Walter over him, Walter 2nd and 3rd efforts are great. And not surprised he wants Andrew who launches at the ball. And obviously Ballard & Collins ahead of him as a defender.

I think he plays 100+ games elsewhere, but never achieves a whole lot. Sort of player who can hold your side back because he is paid at say 750k due to hype and occasional good games, but overall is a 350k performer.

I think the Suns don’t play hardball and Crows get him for a pick around the late teens/early 20s. Slots in alongside Riley & Fogarty, but they are the main events and Luk will ultimately fizzle out.
This is as accurate as you can get

Exactly and we are taking the risk whether he change after returning home and playing for a club he supported growing up.

Problem is the crows don't have that pick, the first pick is Melbourne's second, likely pick 30 after all is done.

That pick or a F2 is probably the offer as a result, possibly with GC paying some of the $2million contract that comes with him.

RE Lynch role, I totally agree, a lot on our board seem to think he can still play a two way running half back/ quarterback role, feeding our forwards with his perfect kick, but that's exactly the role he has failed to be able to play. Hardwick even said so this year, almost apologising to Luko for trying to get a role suitable for him and the team. The fact is most of his success has been when he's kicked 5 as a forward, and playing forward VFL says this is his only spot Crows should be/ are considering him for. It's also where he played well in the SANFL when we were watching him play for the Eagles back in 2017/18 (famously including 4 in the prelim on debut).

With (if) Walker going around again, next year looks like it would be awkward for Luko once again in crows colours, unless Luko squeezing Walker out ahead of Fog and Thilthorpe, but long term there's a spot. Would be weird if he's the highest paid forward/ player in our team though.

"Jack Lukosius set to return to SA." - Paddy Sweeney - 9 News

Surprised if the crows would have him as much of a priority given their forwards are probably their strongest part of the field.

Can they really play all of Thilthorpe, Lukosius, Fog and Walsh all in the one side?

Think he’d fit in well next to Georgi as Dixon is on the way out but then we don’t have much capital to play with (depending what happens with Houston).

Surprised if the crows would have him as much of a priority given their forwards are probably their strongest part of the field.

Can they really play all of Thilthorpe, Lukosius, Fog and Walsh all in the one side?

Think he’d fit in well next to Georgi as Dixon is on the way out but then we don’t have much capital to play with (depending what happens with Houston).
100% going to the Power if he returns to SA

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back