Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Suns have alot of extras it can add.

Picks. This year or next.

Players.

They are never short of extras to add to a deal.
I think if west coast trade, do it with Gold Coast
as 2,2025r3 for 5,12,2025r2.
Both West Coast and GWS could have done better in 2022 megatrade, don't get ripped off again.

Port will be looking more at Lord, Scully and Visintini to replace Dixon.

Marshall's future looks dubious with his concussion history unfortunately.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
That's a shame. He took a while but Marshall finally was looking like a good player. Hopefully he can still have a long career. If he can't though, that would make Lukosius a whole lot more appealing to Port, I would imagine. And a good fit too.

I may be going against the grain here but I would happily offer a future first with something else coming back, even if it’s a pick this year seeing they are flush. Especially if we get an extra one as part of the Houston trade.

I rate the skill level that he would bring to our side highly. The last kick into 50 and accuracy at goal are our biggest weaknesses by far.
I agree. I don't think anyone could complain about trading a pick in the low teens for Lukosius. Anything after pick 15 is a steal!

Contracted
On a Large Salary
The Snowtown Media is making out he’s a star.
The Port and AFC fans are frothing over him labelling him a gun.

You will have to pay overs that’s if he wants to leave the beautiful little city at all.
We accept we have to pay overs for Rioli as he’s contracted. It’s called maturity.

Stop the nonsense.
Spot the difference.
One is one of the best players in the AFL.
The other was once a high draft pick.

GC isnt bound to do anything when he is in contract.
True, but if the deal is right and the player wants out you pull the trigger

Also he may of been a Crows tragic as a kid, but so was Tom Lynch about Collingwood

Contracted
On a Large Salary
The Snowtown Media is making out he’s a star.
The Port and AFC fans are frothing over him labelling him a gun.

You will have to pay overs that’s if he wants to leave the beautiful little city at all.
We accept we have to pay overs for Rioli as he’s contracted. It’s called maturity.

Stop the nonsense.
No fans are frothing over him.

He's paid more than Jack Bowes, the other VFL footballer you traded from your club.

His contract is an issue for you, not a positive.

you don't understand the Port - Crows rivalry.
True, but I doubt they hate each other more than Richmond and Collingwood

Luko will do what’s best for Luko, what that ends up being we will all need to wait and see

And so was Izak Rankine about the Crows.
And David Swallow was a mad Roos fan and his brother was their captain, everyone is different, some marry their childhood sweetheart, others can’t understand what they ever saw in them

Time will tell about Luko

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True, but I doubt they hate each other more than Richmond and Collingwood

Luko will do what’s best for Luko, what that ends up being we will all need to wait and see
Yeah, they do. Imagine if Richmond and Collingwood were the only two teams in Melbourne, and 3/4 of the state supported one side, and 1/4 supported the other, and they hate each other.

Must be a burden to carry hate for someone wearing a different coloured shirt. Surely the good people of Adelaide are better than that
You need to understand it goes back much much further than the AFL era. Port in the SANFL were a you either love them or you hate them. The other SANFL club supporters hated them and there were 9 other clubs until Woodville and West Torrens merged. Port were a tough side but also a dirty side known for sniping players and their old supporter base were as feral as they come. If anything, the AFL era has sanitised them as a club as its now a more broad supporter base and they can'tr get away with sniping anymore without the league coming down like a tonne of bricks on them - see Houston saturday night.

Jon Ralph

It comes with Adelaide interested in home grown forward Jack Lukosius but with the Suns likely to ask for a first-round pick in exchange if he does decide to head to the Crows.

Adelaide made clear earlier this year its current and future first-rounders are on the table for elite talent, so the Suns might request their future first rounder.

That remains to be seen given Adelaide would suggest it is helping Gold Coast’s salary cap given Lukosius is in the second year of a four-year deal worth at least $650,000 a season.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...s/news-story/cf68a0ced03d26ab5f7a72395031f8d9

Damien Hardwick is a dead set killer.

He looks at players like jigsaw
pieces that need to fit into a premiership puzzle.

He thinks Luko is too flaky wants him and his salary far away from GC. Dimma is a bloody good judge of players.

Anyone who coughs up a first rounder in that context is very foolish - by all means take on the salary if you must but a second rounder is tops.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back