Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

The more likely scenario is both Luko and Rach will be at the Crows next year.
Considering Jack is contracted and there is multiple clubs interested (melbourne clubs as well) it's going to have to be something half decent and probably worth higher than his output so far.

There's clearly a rift between the crows players and rachele, and with Nick's job on the line I believe he wants players who he trusts and i don't think Rachele embodies that, so we will see.

Considering Jack is contracted and there is multiple clubs interested (melbourne clubs as well) it's going to have to be something half decent and probably worth higher than his output so far.

There's clearly a rift between the crows players and rachele, and with Nick's job on the line I believe he wants players who he trusts and i don't think Rachele embodies that, so we will see.

We do know that Luko was dropped and the talking heads in the media, or should I say Dimmas mouth pieces, have been saying he doesn't have a position really in the side, and that he is heavily back ended to just below a million a year. Now, ask yourself how people like Kingy and co would know the salary situation with Luko and the GC unless it was fed to them. Now, before you say they are just guessing, it's common knowledge that clubs and officials give the media goss they want out there to push their agenda. What agenda? Well, if GC wanted to move on Luko, and don't want to upset the AFL community or their supporters, they put out the narrative in the media that he is too highly paid for what he is producing, that he really isn't in the coaches plans, hasn't been able to steal a position in the side etc.
We have had all of that from GC.

Rach has been dropped for his attitude, is still best 22 all day every day, and plays a position that every single AFL club is screaming out for.
He has said he won't be leaving Adelaide, while Luko is having meetings with Adelaide.
The two are nowhere near the same.
And, as has always been the fact, Luko will end up where he wants to go. Just because some Vic clubs are interested in him, doesn't mean shit if he doesn't want to live in Victoria. It's either GC or SA for Luko.

IF luko wants out, he will name a club, it won't be a case of 'oh, i am happy to leave and go anwhere'. Then it will come down to whether the suns will actually let him go and can a deal be struck. If i am being honest, i could see something like this ending up being around the mark IF he wants out and picks the crows

Crows
Out: pick melb 2nd & f1
In: luko and pick 20

GC in my view will want a 1st rounder for him and to balance that out they will be ok to drop pick 20 by 4 or 5 places knowing tgey have 5 & 11 still in their warchest.

Just my take

Luko was the one dropped by his coach.

Rachele had a discipline issue.

Rachele is a part of Nick's future. Hardwick just wants Luko gone.

Plus - the Suns need the cap room to overpay for Rioli.

IF luko wants out, he will name a club, it won't be a case of 'oh, i am happy to leave and go anwhere'. Then it will come down to whether the suns will actually let him go and can a deal be struck. If i am being honest, i could see something like this ending up being around the mark IF he wants out and picks the crows

Crows
Out: pick melb 2nd & f1
In: luko and pick 20

GC in my view will want a 1st rounder for him and to balance that out they will be ok to drop pick 20 by 4 or 5 places knowing tgey have 5 & 11 still in their warchest.

Just my take
Holy shit that is a terrible deal for the Crows

Luko was the one dropped by his coach.

Rachele had a discipline issue.

Rachele is a part of Nick's future. Hardwick just wants Luko gone.

Plus - the Suns need the cap room to overpay for Rioli.
We don't need luko gone, luko can stay, he's good mates with rowell, anderson, king and ballard. We need goal kickers and Luko can kick goals, he just needed to get dropped to ground him and send a msg, this isn't good enough, we expect more from you. Personally i think luko will stay if he is going to play fwd, if dimma tells him he's in the backlines i think he will request a trade, but with both SA clubs and others interested, luko could get a nice looking contract and wherever he goes will have to pay. I don't think we will be interested in a F1 if that is going to be swallowed up by a bid on Uwland. So unless Rachele is up for offer GC will steer the trade to Port or keep him

Last edited:
We don't need luko gone, luko can stay, he's good mates with rowell, anderson, king and ballard. We need goal kickers and Luko can kick goals, he just needed to get dropped to ground him and send a msg, this isn't good enough, we expect more from you. Personally i think luko will stay if he is going to play fwd, if dimma tells him he's in the backlines i think he will request a trade, but with both SA clubs and others interested, luko could get a nice looking contract and wherever he goes will have to pay. I don't think we will be interested in a F1 if that is going to be swallowed up by a bid on Uwland. So unless Rachele is up for offer GC will steer the trade to Port or keep him
The Port Power supporters would riot if they are losing Houston who I think is around pick 10 for Lukosius lol.

Rachele has a contract for five more years, Nicks (amazingly) has a contract for another two. No movement there but Luko will be at the Crows IF GC want to tip him out, otherwise he stays at GC. I'm not fussed about Luko, a nice piece but not vital to our climb up the ladder next season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rachele has a contract for five more years, Nicks (amazingly) has a contract for another two. No movement there but Luko will be at the Crows IF GC want to tip him out, otherwise he stays at GC. I'm not fussed about Luko, a nice piece but not vital to our climb up the ladder next season
Why would Luko select the Crows?
If he wished to come home it would be to play in finals with his best mate, Captain Rozee.

I can’t imagine he goes anywhere but port. Forget all that romantic ‘supported the crows since he was kid’ BS. He’s played in a rubbish team for enough years, why choose to go to another rubbish team? And one that looks reasonably good odds to sack a coach sometime soon.

Captain Pal Rozee must look pretty appealing!

All good on the top part but the bolded part hasn't been too thought through. If GC don't want an F1 (crows is very likely to be a top 10 pick next year, ports a teens pick), then GC will 'steer' Luko to port. What have pirt got this year to offer?..pick 40. Unless they ship houston or someone with real value, they won't have squat this year to trade. So what then😉

All good on the top part but the bolded part hasn't been too thought through. If GC don't want an F1 (crows is very likely to be a top 10 pick next year, ports a teens pick), then GC will 'steer' Luko to port. What have pirt got this year to offer?..pick 40. Unless they ship houston or someone with real value, they won't have squat this year to trade. So what then😉
They are shipping houston, but past that, that's up to Port.. They can offer us something decent or we keep him, which is fine, he likes the club and hopefully is apart of a maiden finals run for us, but he's contracted and currently better then walter and read up forward, so keeping him is a good option for us, use all this as a kick up the ass to get a response

They are shipping houston, but past that, that's up to Port.. They can offer us something decent or we keep him, which is fine, he likes the club and hopefully is apart of a maiden finals run for us, but he's contracted and currently better then walter and read up forward, so keeping him is a good option for us, use all this as a kick up the ass to get a response
Better than Walter?. Any chance we can trade for Walter..f1?

I can’t imagine he goes anywhere but port. Forget all that romantic ‘supported the crows since he was kid’ BS. He’s played in a rubbish team for enough years, why choose to go to another rubbish team? And one that looks reasonably good odds to sack a coach sometime soon.

Captain Pal Rozee must look pretty appealing!
It's easier for Port to get interstate players (or players with existing links) to their club than ex-SA players.

People who grow up in SA know that the Crows is a vastly larger and more significant club, and can offer greater opportunities.

Luko will choose the Crows. It won't involve a first round pick.

Nah, he doesn't want to be there and hasn't for a while, and Dimma doesn't want him either. It's just who he chooses to be traded to.

Nah, he doesn't want to be there and hasn't for a while, and Dimma doesn't want him either. It's just who he chooses to be traded to.
That's simply not true, his best mates are there, he just wants to play half forward, undisciplined football, get the ball on turn over and look a million dollars (which is what we're paying him), live on the gold coast and play finals with this group. The reason he is looking for a trade is because dimma said it's half back or out, and he chose out. He can request a trade to either club, let's say crows, and you offer a f1 and we say no, you don't say yes and then get what you want. We can then say to jack its half back or port and he'll say port and then we negotiate after the houston trade.

Jack has all the choosing power, we have the bargaining power.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back