Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes of course, every player a club signs takes unders because they are a good bloke. Rankine in fact donates his entire salary to the Crows AFLW program.
Oh the irony of this post ……….

At 4:30 minutes, what does "lucrative" mean to you????

2023 average AFL wage was $441k, even if you double ( highly unlikely) it it’s still well under a million. Plus neither of us know if it is front ended or back ended or flat, basically I am saying using this to justify a salary dump as the reason Luko will be shipped out is just pure speculation.

That is very bais the Crows way.

2nd and a F1st would be the minumum IMO. No pick 20 going back to the Crows.

The pick 20 is a upgrade on the Melb 2nd rounder.

Future 1st could be anywhere from pick 6 to pick 12. Suns been burnt doing that before.
That's absolutely disastrous for the Crows.

Lukosius has a contract that is worse than Bowes. At least Bowes wanted to stay.

The trade then simply won’t happen, the same as in Rachelle asks to be traded, the Crows would ask for fair compensation for a contracted player not just say ok then, off you go. You would hold him unless it’s to your advantage, we will do the same.

is it possible there will be a salary dump, yes is it possible as we don’t know the state of the cap, is it equally as possible that there is no salary issue, yes. Personally it’s my opinion that after the embarrassment of having to trade off Bowes and pick seven for a bag of peanuts to get our salary cap and order it is highly unlikely that it’s a problem just two years later.

Time will tell
The Crows want to keep Rachele, and Rachele isn't on $1m a year.

That's the main difference here.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was $800K offer by Essendon (I incorrectly thought it was $900K) and it was reported we end up offering him $850K but some ITK poster mentioned it was a lot less at $750K which seem to be correct as he wanted to return home.

Marc McGowan reported pretty widely that the wage was exaggerated

You're speculating the Suns don't want to keep Lukosius, and you don't know what their cap situation is.
Are you really this naive?
You think all the talk in the media from mates of Dimma about how Jack is a Beautiful failure, not worth the money he is on, and doesn't have a position in the side was just their own thoughts? You really don't know how the relationship between the media and clubs works?
That was GC putting the narrative out there to get their supporters accustomed to the possibility of him getting traded.

You remember how Kingy was firing Roos bullets when Josh Jenkins wanted 800k a year on his contract?

Are you really this naive?

...That was GC putting the narrative out there to get their supporters accustomed to the possibility of him getting traded.
Similar to the Rachelle narrative coming from the Crows? I've heard that Josh (and also Jake) are particularly incensed at Josh's treatment from the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back