Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Similar to the Rachelle narrative coming from the Crows? I've heard that Josh (and also Jake) are particularly incensed at Josh's treatment from the club.
Nice try.
I can guarantee you one thing, both Josh and Jake will be at Adelaide next year, but Luko won't be a GC. Now, what does that tell you about the narrative you took from everything?

Nice try.
I can guarantee you one thing, both Josh and Jake will be at Adelaide next year, but Luko won't be a GC. Now, what does that tell you about the narrative you took from everything?
That you're being as 'naive' as you accuse others of being. Granted, it would take some level of self-awareness to make that connection.

Really? You that naive?
Am I naive? no, can I breakdown false arguments built on speculation, rumour and hubris, yes I certainly can

I’m still waiting for the citation

Am I naive? no, can I breakdown false arguments built on speculation, rumour and hubris, yes I certainly can

I’m still waiting for the citation
I will give you some information you might not know.
Clubs feed stories and narratives to Journalists for them to make public comment on to try and shape the public discourse. The relationship with the clubs and journalists goes both ways. If the Journalist does something the club wants, they can then get access to something down the track.
The fact that David King and other media started downplaying Luko publicly right when Dimma drops him, and part of that discourse was about how he is getting just under a mil for the next two seasons, yet doesn't have a place in the side, then you should use your logic to see where it's coming from.
If what you say is true, and it's all just made up, and Dimma loves Luko, and Luko loves him, there will be no talk of a trade. Luko would come out and say he loves the club, and will be there next year. Dimma would come out and say that Luko will not be traded and will be in the team next year.
But, we have Luko meeting with the SA clubs, while still in season, and the GCS not giving two shits about him doing it.
But yeah, talk of him leaving the Suns is all made up.

Would you put a bet on if he is still at the Suns next year?

That you're being as 'naive' as you accuse others of being. Granted, it would take some level of self-awareness to make that connection.
Let's see. If Luko isn't at GC next year, it's you that was naive, and if both Luko and the Suns refuse to have any trade discussions at the end of the year, then I will admit I was the naive one. Sound fair?

Let's see. If Luko isn't at GC next year, it's you that was naive, and if both Luko and the Suns refuse to have any trade discussions at the end of the year, then I will admit I was the naive one. Sound fair?
Nope, because as is typical with you, you mention nothing about your own (very big) blind spot. And it's a doozy, because both Rachelle and Soligo are pissed at your club – the people that don't accept that are special. They may very well be at the club next year, but their long term future at the Crows is in tatters.

As for Luko, he may or may not be at the Suns next year, I've made no claim on that and i personally would trade him. My only horse in this race is that you claim to know the working of the media/dimma/suns/luko relationship and completely ignore the same dynamic between the media/nicks/crows/rachelle.

Nope, because as is typical with you, you mention nothing about your own (very big) blind spot. And it's a doozy, because both Rachelle and Soligo are pissed at your club – the people that don't accept that are special. They may very well be at the club next year, but their long term future at the Crows is in tatters.

As for Luko, he may or may not be at the Suns next year, I've made no claim on that and i personally would trade him. My only horse in this race is that you claim to know the working of the media/dimma/suns/luko relationship and completely ignore the same dynamic between the media/nicks/crows/rachelle.
Any links for that in bold?

Clubs feed stories and narratives to Journalists for them to make public comment on to try and shape the public discourse. The relationship with the clubs and journalists goes both ways. If the Journalist does something the club wants, they can then get access to something down the track.
The fact that David King and other media started downplaying Luko publicly right when Dimma drops him, and part of that discourse was about how he is getting just under a mil for the next two seasons, yet doesn't have a place in the side, then you should use your logic to see where it's coming from.
If what you say is true, and it's all just made up, and Dimma loves Luko, and Luko loves him, there will be no talk of a trade. Luko would come out and say he loves the club, and will be there next year. Dimma would come out and say that Luko will not be traded and will be in the team next year.
But, we have Luko meeting with the SA clubs, while still in season, and the GCS not giving two shits about him doing it.

For once I agree with your assessment, clubs and media do conspire to put out narratives to ensure a certain message gets aired, no revelation as it’s quite well known.

Assuming this is the case on this occasion, we do not know if the desired outcome was to give Luko a rocket or as you argue that he is not wanted at the club. Either of these could be correct or there could be something none of us know about.

My contention on this thread has always been about two things, 1. Pointing out where people quote speculation as fact (Dimma doesn’t want him, he’s paid almost a million, it’s a salary dump etc) no one on this board has any evidence for what amount to fairytales ATM.

2. That Luko is contracted so the Suns have final say on whether he goes or stays, they may move him on or they may keep him but ultimately it’s the Suns call.

For once I agree with your assessment, clubs and media do conspire to put out narratives to ensure a certain message gets aired, no revelation as it’s quite well known.

Assuming this is the case on this occasion, we do not know if the desired outcome was to give Luko a rocket or as you argue that he is not wanted at the club. Either of these could be correct or there could be something none of us know about.

My contention on this thread has always been about two things, 1. Pointing out where people quote speculation as fact (Dimma doesn’t want him, he’s paid almost a million, it’s a salary dump etc) no one on this board has any evidence for what amount to fairytales ATM.

2. That Luko is contracted so the Suns have final say on whether he goes or stays, they may move him on or they may keep him but ultimately it’s the Suns call.
Yes it's the Suns call. So, if he does get traded it shows absolutely that the speculation was true.

Journos make massive mountains out of molehills all the time.

There’s always some manufactured “scandal” or “controversy” drummed up based on an innocuous incident or quote.

Nope, nothing in print, no media speculation. Just heard from a friend of a friend of Jake’s (not Josh). I still have them down there, so take or for what it’s worth - something or nothing
Likely true, all the supporters are pissed too, but it's not a quitting offence to get dropped. It may shake things up at the club, but irrelevant to this thread. Any wish for GC to get Rach is laughable.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes it's the Suns call. So, if he does get traded it shows absolutely that the speculation was true.
Not really, Dimma could rate Luko but Luko may be having a sook that in the end leads to a mutual parting, that doesn’t prove the fairytales that have been espoused here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, your Rachele comments sound absolutely desperate.

He loves the club and the club loves him. He knows what he needs to improve. He's a good country lad who'll do the work.

Now, get back to Luko being dumped by Dimma.

lol these trades threads are crack up, bunch of campaigners who work at Coles posturing for a better trade position as if they are the player agents and list managers. It’s like d&d for footy nuffs

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

lol these trades threads are crack up, bunch of campaigners who work at Coles posturing for a better trade position as if they are the player agents and list managers. It’s like d&d for footy nuffs

I agree. I can't see the point in undervaluing and trash talking the player that your club is going to trade for. It serves no purpose and just sets yourself up for disappointment when fair value is paid. Same goes for people carrying on like the player who is about to walk out on their club is a superstar.

I agree. I can't see the point in undervaluing and trash talking the player that your club is going to trade for. It serves no purpose and just sets yourself up for disappointment when fair value is paid. Same goes for people carrying on like the player who is about to walk out on their club is a superstar.
How dare you guys speak logic and balance in a trade thread 😉

It’s fun to come here for a bit of banter/speculation.

There are some that take things too seriously or start throwing insults which is weird.

Not really, Dimma could rate Luko but Luko may be having a sook that in the end leads to a mutual parting, that doesn’t prove the fairytales that have been espoused here

Dimma likes Luko, he rates him as a player, the club like him as a person and a player. There is zero bad blood.

Their preference is to keep him if they could, but understanding that Dimma and the coaching team have Luko earmarked as a half back, due to his elite kick.

Luko is adamant his career is as a forward, so unfortunately for both parties that doesn't fit into Dimma's plan for Luko or the club, thus leading to Luko requesting the trade back home. Adelaide can offer him this spot up forward long term, as can Port Adelaide.

It's not dissimilar to Jeremy Howe leaving Melbourne, the irony being he ended up playing back for Collingwood after all that anyway.

Obviously SA, money and contract length also come into it but that's the crux of why he's leaving (yes I know it hasn't officially been announced yet).

Dimma likes Luko, he rates him as a player, the club like him as a person and a player. There is zero bad blood.

Their preference is to keep him if they could, but understanding that Dimma and the coaching team have Luko earmarked as a half back, due to his elite kick.

Luko is adamant his career is as a forward, so unfortunately for both parties that doesn't fit into Dimma's plan for Luko or the club, thus leading to Luko requesting the trade back home. Adelaide can offer him this spot up forward long term, as can Port Adelaide.

It's not dissimilar to Jeremy Howe leaving Melbourne, the irony being he ended up playing back for Collingwood after all that anyway.

Obviously SA, money and contract length also come into it but that's the crux of why he's leaving (yes I know it hasn't officially been announced yet).
Definitely the most detail I've read on this, appreciate the info.

Given GC have supposedly got Rioli and now Noble coming in over the off season they have already looked to fill some defensive gaps - suggests they may have given up that Luko will be playing defense for them?

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back