Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Better premise, but gee we’d want to improve next year (which will be tough if Nicks is still at the helm)

Cumming/Luko/ANB all give immediate help, but it’s just hard to justify giving up such a valuable asset
IF it ended up, Cumming, Lukosius, ANB, Draper or Lalor, Dodson, Barrett - and its cost us our current draft hand and our f1, I'd live with that

Better premise, but gee we’d want to improve next year (which will be tough if Nicks is still at the helm)

Cumming/Luko/ANB all give immediate help, but it’s just hard to justify giving up such a valuable asset
I think the season was an outlier. A few players down on form like Laird & Dawson & a few injuries to a couple of their more prolific players. Pedlar, Tex & Butts. I think Nicks can get the team into finals.

I think that’s a best format for this trade, Lukosius + one of our later 2nd rounders for your FF. I’d want to give 46, but would expect it’d likely be more like 34 instead. 26 seems a bit high

You guys need picks to match bids on next year's academy crop, right? Whereas we'd ideally be more or less done with the draft after this year and turn our attention to trades and free agents. I think it's probably the way to go.

I think that’s a best format for this trade, Lukosius + one of our later 2nd rounders for your FF. I’d want to give 46, but would expect it’d likely be more like 34 instead. 26 seems a bit high

Maaaate, peeeeople, come on. For all the huffing and puffing that GC are doing, if Tom Morris is right and they've told him 'we're happy for you to explore your options........ahhhh but we're also happy to keep you..' is code for 'we want to see the back of you but we desperately don't want to ruin your trade value...'

He's gone. Rioli and Noble incoming, and you'll be paying through the nose for those and all the other superstars you've got in the club coming out of contract over the next few years..

It all depends on salary, if GC are looking for Crows to take on the entirety of the remainder of his contract then he ain't gonna be worth that. The trade above of Luko + Pick 20 for Crows F1 seems fairly on the money, GC get another 1st rounder next year, happy days. You've got more picks than you know what to do with, as evidenced by previous years...

We said the same with Duryea last year. Came back in as our best shut down defender. Laird is 29 and could still bounce back.
Unlikely, he has loss his speed in the first 10-15m which made him a very good clearance midfielder so got shifted back to defense and has stunk there as he is a very poor by foot. Nicks will play him like a stuffed Smith this year for half the season next year and will get sacked then Laird will retire in 2026 when his contract end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Noble wants out to Suns... &
If Berry &/or Keane want to join the Pies... &
Lukosius chooses the Crows...

Should be able to get a 3 way deal done.

Maaaate, peeeeople, come on. For all the huffing and puffing that GC are doing, if Tom Morris is right and they've told him 'we're happy for you to explore your options........ahhhh but we're also happy to keep you..' is code for 'we want to see the back of you but we desperately don't want to ruin your trade value...'

He's gone. Rioli and Noble incoming, and you'll be paying through the nose for those and all the other superstars you've got in the club coming out of contract over the next few years..

It all depends on salary, if GC are looking for Crows to take on the entirety of the remainder of his contract then he ain't gonna be worth that. The trade above of Luko + Pick 20 for Crows F1 seems fairly on the money, GC get another 1st rounder next year, happy days. You've got more picks than you know what to do with, as evidenced by previous years...
They are in denial. They sat here trying to convince themselves and everyone else, that he is a very required and valuable player, and now they have had it explained to them the real situation, they are not quite coping.
They now have to deal with their dreams.of two first round picks crashing down to maybe a 2nd or future 1st and a second going to us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back