Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Luko and GCS first for Geelong's F2? :)
funny cat GIF

Now that GC have told Luko to please look elsewhere at his exit interview, still think Dimma loves him and wants to keep him?
I never said Dimma loves him and “please look elsewhere “ was not what was reported. Your entire paragraph is false, that’s quite an achievement even for a trades thread

How’s that evidence to back up your last false claim coming, it’s been a few days, surely you have some facts to back up your rhetoric by now? 😉

In all seriousness, is it looking like he will go, yes. A lot to play out yet. You might be surprised where he ends up IF he leaves

Last edited:
I never said Dimma loves him and “please look elsewhere “ was not what was reported. Your entire paragraph is false, that’s quite an achievement even for a trades thread

How’s that evidence to back up your last false claim coming, it’s been a few days, surely you have some facts to back up your rhetoric by now? 😉

In all seriousness, is it looking like he will go, yes. A lot to play out yet. You might be surprised where he ends up IF he leaves
Not luko related but someone on your board mentioned that the suns had approached the crows for a swap of pick 6 for our f1 if i saw that right and the crows said no???. If thats in anyway true, that is complete insanity from our club and almost outright negligence

I kind of want the pies to try and involve Luko in a trade for Noble. Not because I particularly want him but just to see the Crows board go nuclear.

I think that’s a best format for this trade, Lukosius + one of our later 2nd rounders for your FF. I’d want to give 46, but would expect it’d likely be more like 34 instead. 26 seems a bit high
We're just not going to be able to say yes to that.

You're talking a pick 5 or 6 for Lukosius and 34. The Crows would be negligent if they said yes.

I think F1 for Luko and 20 is about right. That values Luko in the late teens.

You really this foolish?
The club wants to move him on. Dimma doesn't rate him, and doesn't want him taking up nearly a mill a year of the cap.
As for evidence, none are so blind than those who refuse to see.
What, you think we have copies of internal GC emails about it to show you? Maybe a audio recording of the list management meetings would satisfy you?

The narrative was put out there that he wasn't in their forward plans. Talking heads spreading the GC narrative about him. Funny how they also knew what his contract figure was for the last couple of years. Wonder how they got that?
He was dropped by the club, and Dimma made some pretty damming comments about why.
Luko met with Adelaide and Port, and GC was cool with it. If Rowell was meeting with Collingwood, you think GC would be chill with it?
Now he has been told the club is happy for him to look for a new home. Yeah, that's what you say to a required player, under contract, that you think makes your club a better performer on the ground.

You got proven wrong, just suck it up. It happens to the best of us.

I kind of want the pies to try and involve Luko in a trade for Noble. Not because I particularly want him but just to see the Crows board go nuclear.
Lukosius would be a nice addition but hardly a huge priority. Our board doesn't desperately want him & there are some posters who don't want him.

More important we use our Pick 4 on the best available midfielder.

You really this foolish?
The club wants to move him on. Dimma doesn't rate him, and doesn't want him taking up nearly a mill a year of the cap.
As for evidence, none are so blind than those who refuse to see.
What, you think we have copies of internal GC emails about it to show you? Maybe a audio recording of the list management meetings would satisfy you?

The narrative was put out there that he wasn't in their forward plans. Talking heads spreading the GC narrative about him. Funny how they also knew what his contract figure was for the last couple of years. Wonder how they got that?
He was dropped by the club, and Dimma made some pretty damming comments about why.
Luko met with Adelaide and Port, and GC was cool with it. If Rowell was meeting with Collingwood, you think GC would be chill with it?
Now he has been told the club is happy for him to look for a new home. Yeah, that's what you say to a required player, under contract, that you think makes your club a better performer on the ground.

You got proven wrong, just suck it up. It happens to the best of us.

You haven’t proven a thing apart from your unwillingness to stick to what has actually been reported, you have made statement after statement and been shown to have zero proof when asked to present it, and again in the above statement you state things that are your opinion not fact.

Some examples in just the above comment that are embellished, you don’t know what Luko is getting paid for the next 2 seasons, Dimma doesn’t rate him you say, you don’t know that, you have no insight into Dimmas thinking or motivation, for all any of us know Dimma could be giving his ego a much needed deflation
“Damning comments from Dimma”, you say, like he (Luko) has some things to work on, as do I as his coach as he is a tremendous talent” yeah shocking from Dimma

I don’t expect you to agree with my point of view as I have my own bias but calling someone foolish for having an opposing viewpoint says more about you than me. If you want to insult me feel free to PM me and save the thread readers more of this tantrum, sorry for the length of the reply folks

Luko for pick 4 😉

You haven’t proven a thing apart from your unwillingness to stick to what has actually been reported, you have made statement after statement and been shown to have zero proof when asked to present it, and again in the above statement you state things that are your opinion not fact.

Some examples in just the above comment that are embellished, you don’t know what Luko is getting paid for the next 2 seasons, Dimma doesn’t rate him you say, you don’t know that, you have no insight into Dimmas thinking or motivation, for all any of us know Dimma could be giving his ego a much needed deflation
“Damning comments from Dimma”, you say, like he (Luko) has some things to work on, as do I as his coach as he is a tremendous talent” yeah shocking from Dimma

I don’t expect you to agree with my point of view as I have my own bias but calling someone foolish for having an opposing viewpoint says more about you than me. If you want to insult me feel free to PM me and save the thread readers more of this tantrum, sorry for the length of the reply folks

Luko for pick 4 😉
The proof is in the pudding. Luko won't be at GC next year and Dimma prefers it that way, otherwise he would be there next year.
You can tap dance around it, asking for proof that will never be enough for you, but reality hit you.

We're just not going to be able to say yes to that.

You're talking a pick 5 or 6 for Lukosius and 34. The Crows would be negligent if they said yes.

I think F1 for Luko and 20 is about right. That values Luko in the late teens.

6 (F1) and 20 values Lukosius as a pick 23. That’s not fair value at all.

We’re talking a former no. 2 pick who’s probably the best kick in the game, is 24 and is about to enter his prime, he’s worth more than an early 20’s pick.

Pick 34 going to you would value him as a Pick 14 which I think is fair.

A 3 way luko keane noble trade maybe.
Crows get luko and 48 for 25 and 42
Keane and 42 goes to Pies for 48
Noble and 25 goes to suns.
I'm sure everyone but Suns will like the deal. Adelaide get Luko for a steal but Suns dont have to give up anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’re talking a former no. 2 pick who’s probably the best kick in the game, is 24 and is about to enter his prime, he’s worth more than an early 20’s pick.

Crows F1 + 27 for GC 13 & Luko

Values Luko at pick 17 which is eminently fair if you value the crows F1 at pick 8 next year.

Crows F1 + 27 for GC 13 & Luko

Values Luko at pick 17 which is eminently fair if you value the crows F1 at pick 8 next year.

The problem is the F1 could really be anything, you were almost a finals team last year and with Luko you easily could finish in the top 8 next year. We’d potentially be giving away 13 now for 13 next year.

Doing F1 for 34 (or 46) + Luko mitigates that risk since we don’t give up a top pick, and then would be able to use that F1 for Rioli.

It’s still a bad deal for us, effectively trading Luko + 34/46 for Rioli, but it’s atleast fairer then some other trades proposed.

The problem is the F1 could really be anything, you were almost a finals team last year and with Luko you easily could finish in the top 8 next year. We’d potentially be giving away 13 now for 13 next year.

Doing F1 for 34 (or 46) + Luko mitigates that risk since we don’t give up a top pick, and then would be able to use that F1 for Rioli.

It’s still a bad deal for us, effectively trading Luko + 34/46 for Rioli, but it’s atleast fairer then some other trades proposed.
Well 5 years under nicks and we have not made finals and have regressed this year. pick 8 is a team finishing around 11th which is, from our perspective, more than likely under Nicks. Sack nicks, get new line coaches in and then maybe the optimism will return.

A probable top 10 pick for Luko and a later pick back is very unlikely imo.

Pick 6 (2025) for Lukosius and 34 is probably about right if that values Lukosius at pick 14 (although I don't think anyone is actually going to trade pick 6 for 14 and 34 buts that's a discussion for another day). As Brian McGee touched on though: it is more likely that Adelaide finish well above 13th than well below. There is risk for both clubs when trading future draft picks but this would be a bigger risk for Gold Coast in my opinion.

Well 5 years under nicks and we have not made finals and have regressed this year. pick 8 is a team finishing around 11th which is, from our perspective, more than likely under Nicks. Sack nicks, get new line coaches in and then maybe the optimism will return.

A probable top 10 pick for Luko and a later pick back is very unlikely imo.
I am hesitant to speak on behalf of others, but I am confident that there are very few neutral supporters on a trade thread about Jack Lukosius that care what your thoughts are on the Adelaide coaching panel. Absolutely, have your opinions on Matthew Nicks, and discuss them where they are relevant. But, you don't have to share them everywhere you go.

I am hesitant to speak on behalf of others, but I am confident that there are very few neutral supporters on a trade thread about Jack Lukosius that care what your thoughts are on the Adelaide coaching panel. Absolutely, have your opinions on Matthew Nicks, and discuss them where they are relevant. But, you don't have to share them everywhere you go.
Thanks for your considered thoughts - problem is that whilst he is at the helm, the chances of the club spiking up the ladder are slim and that will have a direct impact on the value of our future pick or the perceived value. So maybe don't speak on behalf of others on that one:thumbsu:

In what, bid matching points? There's no way on earth a team would agree to trade pick 6 for picks 20 and 23. They might for pick 12 and 23 though. I reckon the proposal values Luko at pick 12 or so.

Last edited:
Interesting that he hasn’t nominated Adelaide yet. Usually suggests that the team he wants to go to is still in finals. At minimum it suggests he hasn’t made up his mind yet.
Yeah I highly doubt the race is only us, or even only SA clubs

Lots to play out here

Ultimately I’m not sure a deal based around F1 for Luko is worth it for either side

Adelaide needs what are likely to be high-end picks to collect high-end talent (whether that be through the draft or via trade). Giving up what’s probably a top 8 pick for a flaky Luko and a pick in the mid 30’s barely seems worth it to me, but I can also see why GC are not willing to sell low

F1 and 25 for Luko and 13 is probably the closest I can see to both sides being happy with a deal. We’d probably take Dodson at 13, but taking a ruck that high is even a risk in itself

Pick 6 (2025) for Lukosius and 34 is probably about right if that values Lukosius at pick 14 (although I don't think anyone is actually going to trade pick 6 for 14 and 34 buts that's a discussion for another day). As Brian McGee touched on though: it is more likely that Adelaide finish well above 13th than well below. There is risk for both clubs when trading future draft picks but this would be a bigger risk for Gold Coast in my opinion.
The GC trades history in securing future picks is for the most part horrible, so you will be hard pressed to get many Duns fans keen on it.

I think with an easier draw for the Crows next year you are likely to rise, putting more of the risk burden on the Suns.

In what, bid matching points? There's no way on earth a team would agree to trade pick 6 for picks 20 and 23. They might for pick 12 and 23 though. I reckon the proposal values Luko at pick 12 or so.
Their F1 could easily be 12 anyways though, so if Luko is worth pick 12 we’d essentially be giving up 20 for nothing.

F1’s are always tough to value especially for a team like Adelaide, but in these circumstances (with Rioli happening) I think it works for everyone.

Adel - Luko & 34
Gc - Rioli
Rich - Adelaide F1

Richmond potentially get great value (say pick 6), or still decent value (pick 14) for a 28 year old HB flanker in Rioli.

For Rich, Adelaide’s F1 works regardless, Adelaide get the best kicker in the game + a 2nd rounder, and the suns pay slight overs but for once we don’t give up an exorbitant price in our trading.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back