Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Then just move on. Pretty easy. It does look like F1 could be involved. Teen pick is not a world especially if you get something back.

Don't forget TPP goes through the roof this year. Most teams got plenty of money. In a couple of years, every team will have 5-6 players on 1M+.

Personally, I think Luko can stay if he wants, Suns cap can handle it. Suns cleared up a lot of money in previous years, even this year probably 1M already. Next year Suns have a lot of players on decent money in their last year.
I don't doubt our club will dangle the F1 for him (as they have coveted him since 2018 and its going to be too hard to resist paying a premium) with a pick coming back maybe fingers crossed 13 or 20 in this draft?. I don't doubt we would also take his full contract in that too. Our F1 is an almost certain top 10 pick next year as we will still have nicks at the helm. Bank on it being around pick 5 - 8. 5 years of rebuild and we went backwards this year results wise.

Probably. But it's irresponsible to trade for a player that's borderline best 22 at one club on a million per year for a first rounder.

I have a soft spot for GC and Lukosius, would rather he stayed and produces for GC, but if Dimma doesn't want him in the team it's in your interests to move him.
We will get a f1 i think, i hope luko picks the crows as i expect it to be the higher pick but i think he would be leaning towards port.

We also have Swallow and Witts coming off million dollar contracts next year, so the Mac Andrew salary cap pressure is probably not as great as you would think

Don't disagree next season you could fit in Rioli and Noble. But for 2026 with Andrew contract and need to continue to upgrade the best 22 from someone who wants to see GC succeed (check my posting history I've been pushing for a guernsey change for a long time on this forum) if Dimma doesn't see Jack as a worthwhile player it will make it hard to attract star players on good salary next year.
Nobody knows TPP of teams. The fact is that it goes up something like 3.2M by the end of 2026. Crazy increase.

I personally believe, Luko will leave this off-season. But who knows he may adjust and works hard or Dimma finds out how to use him in 2024. I hated it when Luko was so many times in perfect position only to be ignored by teammates. Often he was one step ahead of teammates.

As for 2025 off-season, here is the list of players who are off-contract and could probably go. Fiorini, Swallow, Budarick, Collins (staying), Atkins, Holman, Sexton, Rosas, Farrar, Lemmens, Berry. Plenty of money there. And if Luko does not make it in 2025 he can go too.

I don't think it's salary dump but rather we drafted tall kids. I don't see it long-term for Luko.

GCS supporters saying he is a money grabber and only left because of a "God Father" offer which they couldn't match but he only left accepting $100K more and not the "reported" $300K more but easily worth $1M right now.
Over generalisation there ABAB he left for more money but no doubt there was the lure of family and well known surroundings. Most Suns supporters still have a soft spot for Izak

Over generalisation there ABAB he left for more money but no doubt there was the lure of family and well known surroundings. Most Suns supporters still have a soft spot for Izak
You were leading the charge with the $900K rumour lol. GCS offer him $650K and we offered $100K more after you re-signed Lukosius first on $750K, very bad move in hindsight. I sense Rankine would have stayed if we didn't offer pick 5 as he wanted fair compensation.

Rankine probably should be the highest paid at Adelaide. It is hilarious that it is Laird.
Rankine is the highest paid Adelaide player.

Laird shouldn't be #2 though, ahead of the likes of Dawson.

Like many players have done, he signed a long term deal off the back of best & fairest wins.

Nicks and the board is getting sacked if they miss out on finals, Hinkley gets sacked if he doesn't make a prelim
Ken made the preliminary last week. ;)

You were leading the charge with the $900K rumour lol. GCS offer him $650K and we offered $100K more after you re-signed Lukosius first on $750K, very bad move in hindsight. I sense Rankine would have stayed if we didn't offer pick 5 as he wanted fair compensation.
I was told $850-900 by someone high up in our club, still take his word over Big Footy. I’m not sure why these figures disturb you, he’s worth it

My point from the previous post stands regardless

I was told $850-900 by someone high up in our club, still take his word over Big Footy. I’m not sure why these figures disturb you, he’s worth it

That person lied to you otherwise Rankine just received a salary decrease from his recent contract extension lol. Anyway a "prominent" 5AA caller who has past history of being correct mentioned yesterday the deal is a F1 for Lukosius and pick 26 (probably has advanced from just F1 for Lukosius so it means we are absorbing the entire $2M since we have the cap).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's almost like you've chosen to ignore a reply to your post last night, so you can keep on bullshitting :thumbsu:

Or you choose to ignore it because it doesn't suit your narrative

Anyway, carry on

It's almost like you've chosen to ignore a reply to your post last night, so you can keep on bullshitting :thumbsu:

Or you choose to ignore it because it doesn't suit your narrative

Anyway, carry on
I must of been on this thread too long

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back