Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

IMO, Curtin is bloody promising and priority #1 to keep.

On the other hand, I have some doubts he stays long-term and it would not surprise me if he will do Rankine down the track.
Hopefully if he does, then he's put enough credits in the bank for a nice trade bounty.

Interesting times

One minute, Luko apparently not worth anything as he has almost 2m owing

But

Next minute, Luko to cash in with 5 years at 900k

Before you reply let me guess, the media speculation on sentence 1 is correct but the speculation from the same media on the second isn’t
Assuming this is the correct figure, it's actually $2 million for the first two years as part of the existing contract, and $833k for the next three years, which given the increase in cap is equivalent to $600k per year currently.

The deal looks inflated because of the GC contract yoke, which we will carry in exchange for discounted trade deal, ie a second rounder or f1st + a second, with your pick 12 coming back.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Assuming this is the correct figure, it's actually $2 million for the first two years as part of the existing contract, and $833k for the next three years, which given the increase in cap is equivalent to $600k per year currently.

The deal looks inflated because of the GC contract yoke, which we will carry in exchange for discounted trade deal, ie a second rounder or f1st + a second, with your pick 12 coming back.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
No deal, what's port got?

He's leaving, just a question of where.

Imo, will be Port.
It won't be to the team who offers a 2nd round pick to a player they are offering 5 years at 900k.

Port will let houston go, get back in the draft and have a f1 available. Once this happens do you think crows will still be offering a 2nd rounder? Or a swap of 1st rounders and a second? Boring, unrealistic trade, boring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It won't be to the team who offers a 2nd round pick to a player they are offering 5 years at 900k.

Port will let houston go, get back in the draft and have a f1 available. Once this happens do you think crows will still be offering a 2nd rounder? Or a swap of 1st rounders and a second? Boring, unrealistic trade, boring.
Lukosius will select where he wants to be traded not the Suns.

If he chooses Port who have less draft capital, that isn't a Crows problem...

He can pick which club he wants to be traded to, but if a deal can't be done then we don't need to make the deal
Indeed... & then you will lose a player you don't want to lose.

Thing is, do you think the club want to keep him ??

We wouldn't even be talking about it if they did
Indeed... & then you will lose a player you don't want to lose.
Who will we lose? We'll have 12 more months to re-assess, what's the worst that can happen? His value drops from a second rounder to a third rounder? Oh no! In the meantime if crows miss finals they sack their coach, if port miss the prelims they sack their coach, and we have another forward who's probably ahead of Walter and Read.

But you're actively forcing him out, that rarely correlates to getting a premium return.
If 2 clubs didn't want him, i wouldn't expect much. We also told Rosas to look around and then changed our minds a week later. I'm not saying we want to back flip on luko, i believe we want him gone but it's not going to be a second rounder

No one is offering him 5 years at 900k.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

But you're actively forcing him out, that rarely correlates to getting a premium return.
That’s what has been speculated, it still could be Dimma cutting down Lukos ego.

So when it’s clear the SA clubs don’t value him by not being willing to meet the Suns price and he has to come back with his tail between his legs with a much improved attitude

That’s what has been speculated, it still could be Dimma cutting down Lukos ego.

So when it’s clear the SA clubs don’t value him by not being willing to meet the Suns price and he has to come back with his tail between his legs with a much improved attitude
Lol, Dimma does not want Lukosius.

Good luck if he stays... which he won't!

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back