Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

MEGATRADE

North: 2 for Houston, 12, 26
GC: Luko, 6, 12, 20, 26 for 2, Rioli, Noble
Port: Houston for Luko, 20
Richmond: Rioli, 39 for 6
Collingwood: Noble for 39
I really like it but the Suns don’t need another mid, and the first 6 are a crap shoot

I still wouldn’t say no if we on-traded 2

Gives me Jack Watts 2.0 vibes

I would not be overpaying for this CONTRACTED guy; just remember Port this is a player GC want off their books his salary is part of it but also Dimma doesn't rate him & they are pushing him out.

I would be offering a 2nd round pick take it or leave it.
Corrected, I’m sure you just missed it considering the squealing about having to pay overs for Rioli because he is contracted

The price of a first rounder was clearly stated before clubs gave him the reach around

Corrected, I’m sure you just missed it considering the squealing about having to pay overs for Rioli because he is contracted

The price of a first rounder was clearly stated before clubs gave him the reach around
Dimma "we don't need picks" on AFL 360. GC want him out, told him to explore my guess is they need him to leave to get Rioli on the books, leverage already lost because they have said they don't want him.

Dimma "we don't need picks" on AFL 360. GC want him out, told him to explore my guess is they need him to leave to get Rioli on the books, leverage already lost because they have said they don't want him.
Will be a future first as extensively reported to help out with our academy guns next year, Uwland likely top 2-3

I think Luko could be a good get for the Powa if they use him to his strengths.....that's not as a KPP for mine...Ideally I think Luko would be best utilised playing high half forward/wing working between the arcs with his elite delivery out of the defensive half and his delivery into their leading forwards. He's not a contested marking type forward and it would be a mistake to use him as a KPP, maybe in a roaming forward type role similar to how the Saints used St. Nick in the latter stages of his career?

Good get by Port here as it addresses a clear list need. With Dixon retiring, Marshall’s career a bit up in the air due to concussions, Ratugolea being horrendous at football, Finlayson with some pretty hectic external factors likely affecting his career moving forward and even the likes of F Evans, McEntee, Narkle and Byrne-Jones being pretty average forward half options who are actually getting games at present if they wanted to play Luko as more of a flanker (combined with Port’s huge midfield strength), JL is just such a better list fit there than Adelaide (whose tallish forwards and tallish defenders are really the only parts of the list that don’t need addressing).

Will be very interesting to see how the Luko trade shakes out, but Port’s future first to Gold Coast, with Luko and steak knives to Port feels about right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would you need to get early picks to get late picks? When Port could just give you the late picks? ;)
Except from the changes to academy rule for next year, we will want your F1

• The revised draft value index and bidding system will be introduced. The new DVI will make it harder for clubs to stockpile draft selections to match multiple bids on Academy and father-son selections.
  • As part of this, the 20 per cent points discount applied to matched bids will be reduced to 10 per cent. However, the AFL will continue to review this and assess whether it should apply to all or some of father-son, NGA and northern Academy players.
  • The new DVI will see points attached to only the first 54 picks (down from the current system of the first 73 picks). There will be more than 10,000 points shaved off the value of the next DVI.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back