Jack R = Hurley bitch

Remove this Banner Ad

If some of you had questioned his enjoyment of playing forward, you only need to look his celebrations after he kicks goals and the sheer dedication he has when he's going for a ball in the forward line.

This guy has a killer instinct that can't be taught. The idea that the result of every game rests on your shoulders is something great forwards have, (i.e; Buddy, Brown, Reiwoldt, Pavlich, Lloyd ect).

There is a reasonable explanation for his ease in the backline, punching a ball away is less stressful than trying to mark it when you've got healing thumbs.

With that said, Hurley is needed up forward for us ASAP because he draws 2-3 defenders and provides an avenue for everyone else without having to actually kick any himself. He is that well respected by defenders, because he can both defend in the forward line, and cause an impact on the score board. Even Wayne Carey, after knowing of Hurley's defensive background, saw him as more of a dominant CHF of the competition.

Hurley just hasn't played to his full potential yet because he's still raw from re-injuring his thumbs months ago. But that's obviously getting better. Once he settles completely, people will be getting memories of his earlier form back. His kicking at goal has never been an issue.

Our main aim right now should be to find someone complementary to Hurley, someone that we can swing him with when we need to.

How can you look at his early form and not want him kicking at the sticks?...

[YOUTUBE]sYQchvwSFeM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]KLmKNx2bxyI[/YOUTUBE]

One of the footy talk shows was discussing last night how Jack Riewoldt has had a cracked rib, hence the dip in his performances.

I love how they pull out the excuses whenever one of our players gives the opposition a thorough bath. If you have declared yourself fit and the medical staff have passed you as fit, then you're fair game. None of this "Oh but he played injured!" rubbish. That applies for Brent Stanton and this alleged 'cracked shoulder' earlier in the year and every other player on our list as well.

You shouldn't be out there playing if your injury is going to have such a detrimental impact on your sides chances of winning. I don't care what sort of player you are.

Can someone please list all of Hurley's bags? Rd 22 2008 and when else exactly?

He's a backman. Once in a lifetime.

We'll be searching for a forward during trade week. Not another mid.

You are so ignorant it's unbelievable. First of all, Hurley didn't even play in 2008.

Second of all, how is bags of goals early in anyone's career any indication of a player being a forward?

In Jack Reiwoldt's first 3 seasons, Jack has only kicked 4 or more goals in one game twice. Twice in 3 whole years.

Neverthless, Hurley has kicked 4 or more goals, four times in his 2 and half seasons - despite being limited to the back-line during that time.

If you are implying that Hurley hasn't proven himself as a forward, then you truly do have a goldfish memory. He could dominate both ends of the grounds in a couple years if he wanted to.

You are so ignorant it's unbelievable. First of all, Hurley didn't even play in 2008.

Second of all, how is bags of goals early in anyone's career any indication of a player being a forward?

In Jack Reiwoldt's first 3 seasons, Jack has only kicked 4 or more goals in one game twice. Twice in 3 whole years.

Neverthless, Hurley has kicked 4 or more goals, four times in his 2 and half seasons - despite being limited to the back-line during that time.

If you are implying that Hurley hasn't proven himself as a forward, then you truly do have a goldfish memory. He could dominate both ends of the grounds in a couple years if he wanted to.

You need to check dictionary.com for the wrod ignorant. The Rd was incorrect. Maybe it was Rd15 2010. I can't remember.
You remind me of Matthew Knights. Just post the list I asked for... if you can.

If some of you had questioned his enjoyment of playing forward, you only need to look his celebrations after he kicks goals and the sheer dedication he has when he's going for a ball in the forward line.

I suppose we have to balance the enjoyment on Hurley's face when he kicks a goal with the utter frustration on Riewoldt's face when he get's done like a dinner. The point here is that Hurley made Richmond realise that Essendon was destroying them not that long into the third quarter; I just watched it for the third time this morning. :)

Interesting that Riewoldt declined to shake hands with Hurley after the game. That was really poor !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting that Riewoldt declined to shake hands with Hurley after the game. That was really poor !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Is that legit? Shameful if true. JRiewoldt treads a fine line between being passionate and being a little sh1t. This would certainly settle the debate.

I suppose we have to balance the enjoyment on Hurley's face when he kicks a goal with the utter frustration on Riewoldt's face when he get's done like a dinner. The point here is that Hurley made Richmond realise that Essendon was destroying them not that long into the third quarter; I just watched it for the third time this morning. :)

Interesting that Riewoldt declined to shake hands with Hurley after the game. That was really poor !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he didn't, did he??!!

Hurley & Riewoldt definitely shook hands directly after the siren went, it just wasn't totally captured on the cameras.

Riewoldt looked pretty down on his performance and Hurley had his hand on his shoulder giving him some words of encouragement, which Jack looked to have shook off and kept walking. That's what the cameras picked up and why it may have led some people to believe Riewoldt avoided the Hurley handshake.

Hurley & Riewoldt definitely shook hands directly after the siren went, it just wasn't totally captured on the cameras.

Riewoldt looked pretty down on his performance and Hurley had his hand on his shoulder giving him some words of encouragement, which Jack looked to have shook off and kept walking. That's what the cameras picked up and why it may have led some people to believe Riewoldt avoided the Hurley handshake.

good to hear. I honestly would have been really shocked if that wasn't the case. Riewoldt is passionate, but he's not that kind of flog I wouldn't have thought.

How good a bloke is Hurley though? I recall last week he spoiled Pods and came down quite heavily on him, but not enough to give away a free. You had to be watching quite closely, and I only saw it on the replay, but Hurley patted Pods on the shoulder and you could see he apologised for landing on him. Just good sportsmanship, I love seeing it.

In fact, I was surprised about the spirit in the Geelong game, given all the media bullshit. Another incident that made me feel all warm inside was seeing a Geelong player pick up one of our boys by the jumper to help him off the turf. Little shit like that is awesome I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I thought I saw that too, Lance (the pick up by the jumper).

Those sorts of things restore a bit of my faith in humanity, if I can be melodramatic for a second.

nah it does. I mean, I'm all for going in hard as **** and being as competitive as possible, but I also think respect is important.

Much like posting on BF :cool:

My Bad! Sorry my apology to Riewoldt. The camera showed them just finishing off shaking hands, Riewoldt back turned to Hurley, so Hurley pats him on the shoulder and offers a few words which Riewoldt shrugs off.

Is that legit? Shameful if true. JRiewoldt treads a fine line between being passionate and being a little sh1t. This would certainly settle the debate.

And to Lance as well - yes he did. Hurley walked up to him and he turned his back on Hurley so Hurley just patted his shoulder. Very poor form - but it shows the guy is a poor loser (I knew that), and I have it on my recorder. Unlike his cousin Nick, this Riewoldt seems to have temper problems and sometimes displays poor sportsmanship.

See Macca's post above?

Paul Hamilton (i'm pretty sure it was him. Knights was there too but I'm sure it was Paul) was on ABC radio pre-game where A) he spelt the beans about Hurley playing back in the match and B) Mentioned that if Hurley has a couple of bad games up forward he'll suggest moving back to get some form back

no real point to this post actually. but if you're wondering Knights went with Hurley back. He used my favourite argument re Hurley playing back....his pin point 50meter kicks on either boot are actually a hell of a lot more useful down back than up forward nowadays. What with the press and all.

Paul Hamilton (i'm pretty sure it was him. Knights was there too but I'm sure it was Paul) was on ABC radio pre-game where A) he spelt the beans about Hurley playing back in the match and B) Mentioned that if Hurley has a couple of bad games up forward he'll suggest moving back to get some form back

no real point to this post actually. but if you're wondering Knights went with Hurley back. He used my favourite argument re Hurley playing back....his pin point 50meter kicks on either boot are actually a hell of a lot more useful down back than up forward nowadays. What with the press and all.

Next year we'll have Heppell's disposal, Dempsey's run and hopefully Fletchers disposal. We will be fine in that area.

As Call me Cake said Carey is a big wrap for him. I'd rather have a Carey on our hands then a Jakovich to be honest. Less talented players can scrap it out in defence. As it turns out we have 2 very talented young KPDs anyhow.

A good reason to add Carey and Lloyd to our coaching panel next year. With Fletch, Wellman, Carey, Lloyd and Hird around the team our very talented list of KPPs, Ruckmen/Forwards and mid sized players will have the best experiences to learn from.

Gumby supposedly has the tank to almost play midfield. Let him be the guy that works far up the ground which allows Hurely and Crameri to provide structure up forward so we don't get into those situations like last week where we'd win it down back, stream forward and have nothing to kick to.

If either of our KPDs were getting beaten Hurley could be swung down back to stop opposition momentum. It is a great thing to have in our back pocket. But first we try to win the game.

I still dont know what sounds better

Hurley, Pears and Hooker

Hurley, Crameri and Ryder

what a great problem to have.

We have spent a shitload of money on a very high quality coaching panel, spent a lot on new state of the art training facilities, I think it is time for Evans to invest in a cloning device so we can clone young guns like Hurley.

GET IT DONE EVANS!

I still dont know what sounds better

Hurley, Pears and Hooker

Hurley, Crameri and Ryder

what a great problem to have.
Hurley, Pears and Hooker IMO. If we get Trengove I would change that to Hurley, Crameri and Ryder, Trengove, Pears and Hooker

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack R = Hurley bitch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back