Traded Jack Scrimshaw [traded to Hawthorn with future 4th round pick for future 3rd round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Whitecross and pick #32 for Scrimshaw and #41

Gives Gold Coast a better pick and a veteran to drive professionalism.

Haws slip alittle in the draft and getg a swing at getting the best out of scrimshaw
If GHS , Miles ,Corey Ellis coming I think getting Whitecross overdo it . Looking at Brisbane they only get Hodge and give AFL games to Rayner , Witherden , Berry , Mcclugage , stavecich , Zac Bailey .

Haws slip alittle in the draft and getg a swing at getting the best out of scrimshaw
Whitecross is a fa

Like Jonathan o'rourke ?
8iXA.gif

Sunny supporters don't rate Whitecross which I don't get. He is only 28 and is so versatile, comes into the side and performs his role and a great on field leader. You only need to look at his last game the VFL Grand Final, Box Hill were getting blown away and he steadied the ship.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sunny supporters don't rate Whitecross which I don't get. He is only 28 and is so versatile, comes into the side and performs his role and a great on field leader. You only need to look at his last game the VFL Grand Final, Box Hill were getting blown away and he steadied the ship.

Even Hodge is older , I will still choose Hodge ahead of Whitecross in term of leadership.

If GHS , Miles ,Corey Ellis coming I think getting Whitecross overdo it . Looking at Brisbane they only get Hodge and give AFL games to Rayner , Witherden , Berry , Mcclugage , stavecich , Zac Bailey .
GC dont have anyone in the class of Rayner, Witherden, Berry or McClugage. They also dont have other experienced players in the realm of Zorko, Beams or Stef Martin to help out the younger guys so I dont think it's a good comparison.

Leadership wise I'd take WhiteX over the other potential recruits you mentioned. I reckon he's exactly the sort of player GC needs.
...I'm not sure if he'd be interested though.

GC dont have anyone in the class of Rayner, Witherden, Berry or McClugage. They also dont have other experienced players in the realm of Zorko, Beams or Stef Martin to help out the younger guys so I dont think it's a good comparison.

Leadership wise I'd take WhiteX over the other potential recruits you mentioned. I reckon he's exactly the sort of player GC needs.

Yet they actively chase George Horlin-Smith.

I’d say Ainsworth and Bowes is in that class.

Because you are bias Hawthorn Fan , just as Richmond fan about Miles and Geelong Fan on GHS. I am just a normal fan you meantion pick 33 , I said GC take it , don't worry about what GC going to do with pick 33 or getting whitecross in another way .

Last edited:

He`s also a FA so why give up Scrimshaw for him

Ehh the bombers were crying for a 1st round pick for Francis last year but jack is worth a 7 pick upgrade an for a guy who is not best 22 lol
That's because we all knew what he could do, which he proved for us at the end of this year. He had been doing that in the VFL for ages as well. Scrimshaw hasn't exactly set the world on fire on any level yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes true, he had him at #4 http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/17897568/knightmare-first-2016-afl-phantom-draft

ESPN is his paid gig, I'm going to take what he writes there over over whatever he posts on BF. Either way, he changes the order of his phantom draft so many times that eventually his looks pretty much the same as everyone else's after media leaks in the lead up to the drafts.

thats a phantom draft of where he thinks the player will go NOT his personal ranking.

Hasn’t Whitecross already done his knee a couple of times? Doesn’t he turn 29 in January? Even though he’s been in the system for quite a few years, hasn’t he only played less than 30 games in the past 5 years and 111 in total? Why are Hawks fans so keen to move on a loyal club servant? Is there a genuine desire to help the Suns?
Would love some answers to these questions to help convince the Suns hierarchy as to why Whitecross would help?

Hasn’t Whitecross already done his knee a couple of times? Doesn’t he turn 29 in January? Even though he’s been in the system for quite a few years, hasn’t he only played less than 30 games in the past 5 years and 111 in total? Why are Hawks fans so keen to move on a loyal club servant? Is there a genuine desire to help the Suns?
Would love some answers to these questions to help convince the Suns hierarchy as to why Whitecross would help?
Trust me you wouldn't love the answers.

Genuine desire to help the Suns, he is a good leader, great role player and someone the Suns should've chased years ago to drive a good culture.

They’re just making shit up.

Great!! We’ll take him. Pick #2 enough or do we need to throw in Scrimshaw as a sweetener?
It’s amazing isn’t it? If Whitecross was all these things then why would Hawks let him go?? Clarko is looking for silverware in the next two years so WhiteX age (28) is perfect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jack Scrimshaw [traded to Hawthorn with future 4th round pick for future 3rd round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back