Traded Jack Scrimshaw [traded to Hawthorn with future 4th round pick for future 3rd round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez he’s only been in the system 5 minutes and was drafted injured and is a tall. Give him some time.

he's not a "tall" he is halfback/winger. talk yourself into it as much as you like but imo he will be another o'rourke or one of those other first round picks from the expansion teams who went to carlton.

May I ask why my comment and the other ones regarding pre-draft rankings and Knightmare were deleted in this thread?

Not going to waste my time posting on this rubbish website anymore with the level of censorship.

Have had 3 comments deleted inexplicably in the past 3 weeks or so.

Was me prefacing my comment of how I thought he actually did a good job with his 2016 rankings by saying "not that I necessarily think he's good, but..." offensive??

Ridiculous moderators. (Mod edit: :()

Last edited by a moderator:
I get the feeling hes an athletic nothing who sides were thinking would be the next Bont, as that was all the rage after the 2016 GF.
Doesn’t have a position really. No endurance for the midfield, not strong enough for key position. I think we’re stuck with him due to his contract although I can see him playing a lot of NEAFL again.

Yes true, he had him at #4 http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/17897568/knightmare-first-2016-afl-phantom-draft

ESPN is his paid gig, I'm going to take what he writes there over over whatever he posts on BF. Either way, he changes the order of his phantom draft so many times that eventually his looks pretty much the same as everyone else's after media leaks in the lead up to the drafts.

#14 is where he rated him in his power rankings.

Pick 4 is where he predicted him to get drafted based on the draft order and the needs of certain clubs/mail etc, but even then this was not his final phantom draft.

I think they are two different things.

FWIW his final phantom draft he had Scrimshaw at #11 (http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/18123778/knightmare-final-afl-phantom-draft-goes-where).

Yes true, he had him at #4 http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/17897568/knightmare-first-2016-afl-phantom-draft

ESPN is his paid gig, I'm going to take what he writes there over over whatever he posts on BF. Either way, he changes the order of his phantom draft so many times that eventually his looks pretty much the same as everyone else's after media leaks in the lead up to the drafts.
That's guessing where he was going to be drafted actually. Not where he rated him.

Completely different.

he's not a "tall" he is halfback/winger. talk yourself into it as much as you like but imo he will be another o'rourke or one of those other first round picks from the expansion teams who went to carlton.

OK, I never said he was a gun I just said he needs time to develop. Go back and read what I was replying to

His profile says “at 193 cm, Skrimshaw is tall......”

Even if he will be a midfielder we all know that tall guys take longer to develop. Yes their is the occasional 193 cm player who steps straight into AFL but I never said he was in that band of players. He was a teenager until only a couple of weeks ago. Excluding rookies he is the 5th youngest player on gold coasts list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i remember the discussions around the possibility of this guy being a bust at the time he was drafted.

I remember that talk being rampant.... drafted mostly on potential. Absolute tweener at AFL level - as expected. GC should play the long game and enforce the contract. Negligible value at the moment and he’s taking the piss nominating clubs half way through a contract.

Seems a cross between Birchall and Jarrod Brennan the way he moves, seems like an attacking back flanker that can release Burton through the midfield and forward.

People critical of him wanting out should understand Gold Coast extended about 4 kids contracts on close to $400k a year, then a new coach comes in with different opinions and effectively puts a line through Scrimshaw and others.

Even at the end of the year when Jacks form warranted senior footy he was only named as an emergency for 5 weeks, even when Gold Coast were being towelled up.

I'd be happy enough trading our 2nd rounder (33) for him but could easily see this deal getting done for a Whitecross and future 3rd rounder given how many picks GC have this year.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

If the Hawks rate him and want to bring him in .... good enough for me. Anyone can bring out the odd player that didn’t work out. Amazing how many people are so clever with hindsight. Let’s maybe play a new game where we list players that have been brought into each club (from another club) that now have premiership medallions around their necks!

Beautiful left foot on this kid and if he gets picked up hopefully his development and potential can be fulfilled by the Hawthorn system.

Seems a cross between Birchall and Jarrod Brennan the way he moves, seems like an attacking back flanker that can release Burton through the midfield and forward.

People critical of him wanting out should understand Gold Coast extended about 4 kids contracts on close to $400k a year, then a new coach comes in with different opinions and effectively puts a line through Scrimshaw and others.

Even at the end of the year when Jacks form warranted senior footy he was only named as an emergency for 5 weeks, even when Gold Coast were being towelled up.

I'd be happy enough trading our 2nd rounder (33) for him but could easily see this deal getting done for a Whitecross and future 3rd rounder given how many picks GC have this year.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
He wasn’t ready, he has no tank, Dew wasn’t going to throw him to the wolves like Rocket did. Scrim may think he was ready but he’s miles off.

I still think he can become a good player, just needs time

Amazing how many people are so clever with hindsight. Let’s maybe play a new game where we list players that have been brought into each club (from another club) that now have premiership medallions around their necks!.
Agree Simpkin.Spangher became afl stars ehh well for shepparton

He wasn’t ready, he has no tank, Dew wasn’t going to throw him to the wolves like Rocket did. Scrim may think he was ready but he’s miles off.

I still think he can become a good player, just needs time

From a Hawks perspective, get him over here and set him up living with Birch. Probably the most ideal development opportunity he could have in the AFL considering their similarities.

From a Hawks perspective, get him over here and set him up living with Birch. Probably the most ideal development opportunity he could have in the AFL considering their similarities.
Maybe, I guess time will tell

Take pick 33 and run . can always trade pick 33 for future 2nd Rd from other club than Whitecross and Hawthorn future 3rd .

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jack Scrimshaw [traded to Hawthorn with future 4th round pick for future 3rd round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back