Traded Jack Scrimshaw [traded to Hawthorn with future 4th round pick for future 3rd round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Just keep him then, he is contacted

Gold Coast may as well really. He’s not going to net much

He's going to get more than a third round pick wherever he ends up.

Doubt it. Played out the year in the reserves (in a team that finished 17th) and did very little at AFL level when he was selected.

His value is minimal

Doubt it. Played out the year in the reserves (in a team that finished 17th) and did very little at AFL level when he was selected.

His value is minimal
He’s been injured

His value is minimal
Ah well I won't back and forward with ya, but I'll be willing to bet he'll be worth more than a third round pick. I guess we'll see in time.

I hope not. Gold Coast will suck the Hawks bone dry on trade day demaning first round picks left and right. :(

I’d rather Hawthorn target Jayden Hunt from Melbourne instead who will come a lot cheaper.
GC will target Jayden Hunt with KK request to be traded Melbourne.

Don’t know where Scrim is getting his advice from. Not sure any other club would want him and certainly not as the price we expect for a pick 7 that has 2 years to run on a contract

Should be concerned about getting a game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His worth is hard to judge besides being a highly touted junior his output hasn't been great . Would still probably be comfortable with hawks offering there 2nd this year, or one of miles, cousins, Lovell paired with there 3rd rounder.

i remember the discussions around the possibility of this guy being a bust at the time he was drafted.

They can get Whitecross for free and even then they wouldn't want him. If Gold Coast want picks it will be for next years draft, they already have too many this year and 3 state league players on top.

Picking up a free agent will impact Lynch FA compo.

Mahoney just came out and said we wont be entertaining a trade for Hunt, we need more pace and he is pretty much the only one on our list that has it.

Hunt was languishing in the VFL. If Melbourne were really in need of pace. Why didn't they play him then?

Interested to see how this one pans out. I believe his worth to be around the pick 17 mark which is a risk for both clubs in the deal. Salary wise I wouldn't be offering over $250K

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jack Scrimshaw [traded to Hawthorn with future 4th round pick for future 3rd round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back