Traded Jack Scrimshaw [traded to Hawthorn with future 4th round pick for future 3rd round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Interested to see how this one pans out. I believe his worth to be around the pick 17 mark which is a risk for both clubs in the deal. Salary wise I wouldn't be offering over $250K
If he stayed his salary increase to 400k next year.

For 400k you would want a guarantee he would be best 22 every week. And justify the selection with his performance.

I think the kid has huge potential but have yet to see much of it as yet

For 400k you would want a guarantee he would be best 22 every week. And justify the selection with his performance.

I think the kid has huge potential but have yet to see much of it as yet
Normal draftees wages in the first two year , but get increase for his contract extension.

Hunt was languishing in the VFL. If Melbourne were really in need of pace. Why didn't they play him then?

Was injured for a while and never got going in the VFL, he had a good year last so i assume that we will back ourselves to get him right this year.

Worth more to us than we would get as trade value.

Straight swap for Sicily

Sicily is worth twice as much as Scrimshaw on the trade table and is the best young half back flanker in the league if he isn't already. By the way, Gold Coast rejected Sicily as part of the O'Meara deal two years ago. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. :D

Sicily is worth twice as much as Scrimshaw on the trade table and is the best young half back flanker in the league if he isn't already. By the way, Gold Coast rejected Sicily as part of the O'Meara deal two years ago. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. :D
We’ve got a no dickhead policy then and now. Sicily can play but is still a dickhead. Scrimshaw won’t be going cheap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ve got a no dickhead policy then and now. Sicily can play but is still a dickhead. Scrimshaw won’t be going cheap.

It’s not like Scrimshaw played a stack of games this year and dominated. The fact that the Suns had a lot of injuries and he still couldn’t play any games doesn’t do his market value any good. He’s worth around a late first round pick.

It’s not like Scrimshaw played a stack of games this year and dominated. The fact that the Suns had a lot of injuries and he still couldn’t play doesn’t do his market value any good. He’s worth around a late first round pick.

I think that is overpaying.

We might need to do another deal and get a late-ish second. Or 33 and 51 for Scrimshaw and 41

It’s not like Scrimshaw played a stack of games this year and dominated. The fact that the Suns had a lot of injuries and he still couldn’t play any games doesn’t do his market value any good. He’s worth around a late first round pick.
A late first rounder is probably about right. He was always going to be a long term project with his injuries predraft and a lack of a tank, but his talent is undeniable. Still with 2 years on his contract so unless we receive something like this we’re more than likely going to hold him to it for at least another year.

A late first rounder is probably about right. He was always going to be a long term project with his injuries predraft and a lack of a tank, but his talent is undeniable. Still with 2 years on his contract so unless we receive something like this we’re more than likely going to hold him to it for at least another year.

I haven’t really seen him play that much but if the Hawks are going after him then I’m sure a reasonable deal will be done. If he ends up being as good as Birchall I’ll be wrapped!

These sort of trade offs are weighted on a ‘needs basis’ so GC will rightfully get somewhere close to what they want in return.
As for hawks, not sure if a tall lanky HBF is a real need unless :
A) not too confident on Birchall playing too many games or,

B) one of Burton or Sicily is expected to play as forwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jack Scrimshaw [traded to Hawthorn with future 4th round pick for future 3rd round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back