Traded Jack Steven [traded to Geelong for #58]

Remove this Banner Ad

OK. I will answer

Jack has a few mental issues. I understand this.

He wants cats but it appears cats don't care about him.
If Wells and the club don't want him then it's not incumbent on us to do it solely for his sake. If we get no benefit out of him then it doesn't really matter if he wants us or not.

You will get benefit out of Jack.
Hopefully we do, but I'd imagine those in the know would be aware of his current situation. If Wells isn't comfortable parting with pick 37, maybe his issues are far more dire and concerning than what we know. Remember, this is the same club that traded out 2x premiership player Varcoe for Mitch Clark, and he never seemed to really recover from his mental issues to the extent that he became a player for us. Just the 9 games out of him. What if Stevens is a similar situation?

Fair points.

However you get quality when you can and Jack is obviously quality.

A lot better than any player you get in the 30s, especially in your current premiership window.
I think they'd agree on the pick in the 30s part, but they're trying to trade up. What can 24+36+37 get you etc? Once they know what they can get with the picks they have they'll make an offer

Hopefully we do, but I'd imagine those in the know would be aware of his current situation. If Wells isn't comfortable parting with pick 37, maybe his issues are far more dire and concerning than what we know. Remember, this is the same club that traded out 2x premiership player Varcoe for Mitch Clark, and he never seemed to really recover from his mental issues to the extent that he became a player for us. Just the 9 games out of him. What if Stevens is a similar situation?
All fair points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like the deal is about to go through for a late-ish pick.

EDIT: Looks like it might be the pick 58 we get from Smith.

He has a few issues they say? - very hard to measure unless you have detailed information

hard to measure if they'd get better or worse having to listen to Chris Scott all week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jack Steven [traded to Geelong for #58]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back