Rumour Jack Watts to the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

He's a super kick and makes good decisions. He's quick but has an average tank. The main thing for me though is that he just looks like he doesn't like a lot of solid contact. That's one thing I think you can't change.
Would he fill a need for Freo?

Neale to come home? Crows need a mid. Neale will never see the finals again at Freo imo
Neale is 24. Are Freo doomed for the next 6-8 years?

Watts is like Vickery (obviously better, but the same issue). He's a small man trapped in a big man's body. Smart, good skills, tends to do the right things - but gets extra points because 'Great skills for a big man!'.

The problem is, if you are 6-4, 6-5 or so, you are expected to throw your weight around a bit and take a contested mark now and then. I don't think Watts offers much more than can be got from a reasonably skilled 6-footer - who will be faster and better skilled overall.

Agree. Watts would be judged far differently if he was about 10cm shorter.

Its no secret that Watts has been on the outer this last month under Goodwin, my sources tell me that the club is seeking potential trades and that the Dockers are firming as one of the likeliest targets, with Watts slated to fill the tall forward role left vacant with Pavs departure. It's unclear what would be required to get the trade done but it's felt that a swap of Watts for Balic & Freos first pick might be enough to get this done.

Dockers 1st round pick? I don't think so!

He's not what Freo need and it's laughable to suggest he could replace Pav. He's a third tall, Freo have third tall types in McCarthy and Kersten, they need a more genuine tall target.

Any mention of pick 5 would be laughed out of the room by Freo.

His best is still underrated by most on bigfooty, but his worst is infuriatingly bad. Lack of intensity, not competing in the air, dropping simple chest marks, the works.

My theory is that unlike a lot of other footballers, he just isn't mentally able to compete unless he is 100% fit and firing. He came back from injury this year and looked a shell of the player we were watching at the start of the year.

I would be trying for something in the 15-20 range, which may be unlikely, so would otherwise prefer just keep him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watts would get bids in the second round at best. I actually rate him as a player but it has to be at least 4 years since he may have still landed a 1st rounder at trade and that would be based on a team getting better out of him than Melbourne have. To use him and Pavlichs name in the same sentence without the proviso "is not good enough to clean his boots" is just crazy.

As to the Lachie Neale part, yeah, love him at the Crows but I don't think he has even gotten close to forgiving both SA teams for overlooking him at his draft year. I'd almost go as far to say that pick 5 for Watts is more likely than Neale lining up for the Crows next year

Kinda like Geelong for the next 10 years?
I always did find it hilarious when posters from other teams come at me with posts like yours because it reeks of saltiness. Even more so when they type it so confidently as if they're confident that they know me and think I'm oblivious to the fact that one day my team will fall down the ladder.

You keep being you man.

I always did find it hilarious when posters from other teams come at me with posts like yours because it reeks of saltiness. Even more so when they type it so confidently as if they're confident that they know me and think I'm oblivious to the fact that one day my team will fall down the ladder.

You keep being you man.
Salty at what exactly? Your idiotic comment about my club and Neale? You keep talking like you a boss man :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Jack Watts to the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back