Jack will come back & bite us

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the most important part for me.Being from interstate you would have no non football friends.In some ways it would be like a sex less marriage.Always hanging around guys you spend 5-6 days a week with.

I am more concerned about Maric biting us than Gunston.Under Craig he was used and abused when he was used he went ok.
Jack can't make friends?

You'd know your football mates friends in no time, then their mates, then theirs etc.

He misses getting his **** wet because he's got a GF that lives in Vic.

Jack can't make friends?

You'd know your football mates friends in no time, then their mates, then theirs etc.

He misses getting his **** wet because he's got a GF that lives in Vic.

Who wants to be friends with someone who brings their mum along. Unless of course Jacky's mum has got it going on.

Tippet/Knights/Danger are talented players but seriously they havent achieved anything yet. They dont deserve to be paid anywhere near what Scotty Thompson/Johncock/Rutten should be getting.

If they choose tho leave then so be it.

We have to reward consistency of performance not potential :)

I agree. I didn't say they should have been paid more, just that the general feel in here was "throw whatever it takes to keep them here at them". Now some are saying we shouldn't have done that. I can imagine the howls of disgust if we'd lost any of them because we wouldn't pay them enough. Damned if they do, damned if they did!

Totally agree,but i still reckon Maric will be ok.

He is one player we will soon find out if Craig was the problem or not.

Marics only problem was, he was never a number 1 ruck. He'd do ok for a while, then he'd fall backwards. Jacobs is infinitely a better ruckman in my opinion, and once the three man bench plus reserve became a reality, maric was only ever going to get a look in through injury.

Marics only problem was, he was never a number 1 ruck. He'd do ok for a while, then he'd fall backwards. Jacobs is infinitely a better ruckman in my opinion, and once the three man bench plus reserve became a reality, maric was only ever going to get a look in through injury.
No question Jacobs is great.I would say he is if not already will be the 2nd best Ruckman we have had.

I was always hopefull Maric could be a solid 2nd ruck and go forward.

Sponsorship gigs have got to become more prevalent for our guys.

Who didn't love Tips balfours ads??

Seriously needs to be something the club pushes more for to allow guys to supplement their income outside the cap. Must be plenty of SA companies who want to do this.
Must admit I'm not sure of the restrictions fromthe AFL on this.. ie.. I presume Coopers can't sponsor anyone due to CUB etc.

Ads etc.. are counted in the salary cap to some extent aren't they?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amen to that

Actually need to correct my own post, he didnt just leave us, he ****ed us, screwed us and bent us over. If I've ever wanted a past player to fail its him. You can respect guys like Maric who gave his all and only left for opportunities.

It's an unlikely a player could have left in more unscrupulous fashion than Gunston :thumbsdown:

No question Jacobs is
Code:
great.I would say he is if not already will be the 2nd best Ruckman we have had.

[/QUOTE]

He has a way to go to get past Clarke.  Pittman he is still a long way away from.

Rehn, well, thats a pretty big mountain to climb.

Even Biglands is debatable.

Anyone throw up in their mouths a little watching Gunston feed Buddy those goals? Sigh. Kids going to be a gun, made worse by the fact that Franklin (and eventually Roughead) will command most of the defence's attention.

We already knew that Gunston could play, Karl. He'll look an even better player in a Hawks guernsey because he's playing in a team that is the early flag favourite rather than a team that finished way down the ladder.

He's a Hawks player now, so time for us to move on. All we can do is wish him all the best in his endeavours to break a fkg leg.

Maybe I'm going soft in my old age, or it could be because a friend is a Hawks supporter... I was really enjoying watching Jack Gunston play tonight, hoping he'd do well.

Maybe it's just because he was one of my young favourites and it's sometimes hard to just turn that off.

VERY disappointed he didn't stay at the Crows, wish we could have him back.

F*ck him....

I wish him nothing but misery at his new club.. I hope he has a woeful season and him and Philthy Davi$ have their careers ruined by poor form...

We had all off season to talk about and accept their reasons for leaving...Now that the games have started its time to hate all those who left us (except for Maric, because he paid his dues, requested a trade which the club agreed was in both parties interest and agreed to stay if a suitable trade could not be worked out).....

I hope the the boys smash armstrong, bock, davi$ & Jackoff Gunston....

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack will come back & bite us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back