Confirmed Jackson Macrae: To Saints p/of 4-way trade: B. Smith (WB) & pick 45 to Geel / pick 38 to Carl / Macrae (WB) to StK / pick 17 & Kennedy (Carl) to WB

Remove this Banner Ad

That was what I was referring to in brackets in the first paragraph. So I think it’s probably more likely to end up the way you said earlier, where it may end up at 35. Clubs with multiple later picks will eye those Brisbane and Essendon picks.

We may even offer 32 and 47 to get 27 back.

Either way I’m happy to get Jack for trading back up to 5 picks in the 30’s in a very deep draft and you guys can get someone good with wherever 45 ends up at.
We traded 45 to Geelong in the Smith deal... ended up with 38 which became Kennedy... thus Macrae for Kennedy.

I suspect those picks get traded. But I think you might be overlooking that each player bid on and matched then creates a new pick in the draft. So if the Lions used 27 in matching a bid for Ashcroft at pick 3, pick 32 won’t move because 27 will disappear but a new pick 3 will be created. It’s only picks after the second matching pick that start moving in by one. Or by two after the third matching pick, and so on. E.g. If Essendon used both 28 and 31 on Kako at 10, then 32 would move in by one (two picks ahead of 32 would disappear but one would be created).
It's irrelevant as to where the bids occur. Only if they occur before our original pick. And considering Ashcroft will go top 3 and Kako top 10, all those pics will be used. In relation to our original pick, we will (after bids) only drop 2 spots.

That was what I was referring to in brackets in the first paragraph. So I think it’s probably more likely to end up the way you said earlier, where it may end up at 35. Clubs with multiple later picks will eye those Brisbane and Essendon picks.

We may even offer 32 and 47 to get 27 back.

Either way I’m happy to get Jack for trading back up to 5 picks in the 30’s in a very deep draft and you guys can get someone good with wherever 45 ends up at.
Can't trade for 27, nor can we send 32 to Brisbane. Rules prevent clubs from trading draft picks directly back to the club that gave them the pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Jackson Macrae: To Saints p/of 4-way trade: B. Smith (WB) & pick 45 to Geel / pick 38 to Carl / Macrae (WB) to StK / pick 17 & Kennedy (Carl) to WB

Remove this Banner Ad

Back