Player Watch Jackson Ramsay (Delisted 2017)

Will he or won't he?

• Yes

Votes: 106 60.6%
  • No

Votes: 52 29.7%
  • Maybe at another club

Votes: 17 9.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

People are saying he was not good enough yet he was better than many experienced teammates tonight. He made a few mistakes but they all did. He had played one senior game of course he will make mistakes. I'm going to stock my neck and and say he will play a lot of senior football. He has good pace, I think once he gets used to the pace of senior football you will find he is a pretty good kick. He has good laterAl movement. But the main reason I think he will make it is that he is a real competitor . His skill set is good enough but his attitude will make him better than average. Give the kid time. I like the boy

Well said Jackson.

People are saying he was not good enough yet he was better than many experienced teammates tonight. He made a few mistakes but they all did. He had played one senior game of course he will make mistakes. I'm going to stock my neck and and say he will play a lot of senior football. He has good pace, I think once he gets used to the pace of senior football you will find he is a pretty good kick. He has good laterAl movement. But the main reason I think he will make it is that he is a real competitor . His skill set is good enough but his attitude will make him better than average. Give the kid time. I like the boy
Agreed, I watched the full replay today after only catching the second half last night and I thought he was good. I believe he is a genuine chance of playing round 1, he played a solid game. He still made a couple of mistakes but he competes, is a good mark and kick, doesn't panic. Needs to be more attacking and use his pace but that will come when he plays more games. I think we will be seeing a lot more of him and that is a good thing!

Have him ahead of Sinclair.
Tonight Sinkers (23 years old) had 6 touches, 3 tackles, 0 marks and 29 fantasy points. Ramsay (20 years old) had 16 touches, 6 tackles, 3 marks and 62 Fantasy points. Sinkers upside is minimal. Ramsay has a decent level of improvement. I also think Ramsay is stronger at the contest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually across the 3 NAB games I think they've both been good. Haven't seen the TOG figures from yesterday but thought Sinclair seemed to spend a lot of time on the pine.

Like Gault, he's starting to show a bit to suggest he might have something to offer, but would still see him as a fringe player, with others ahead of him.

Am am a fan of his attack on the football and he seems (very small sample size) to have footy smarts, so hopefully he continues to come oon.

Ramsay is not a future Toovey, people forget Toovey is 189cm and can play on small, medium and some tall forwards, Ramsay is 181cm and will only ever play on the samller forwards, the only similarities is they are more lock down defenders and thrive off one on one battles

Ramsay is not a future Toovey, people forget Toovey is 189cm and can play on small, medium and some tall forwards, Ramsay is 181cm and will only ever play on the samller forwards, the only similarities is they are more lock down defenders and thrive off one on one battles

soooooo in a similar mould to Toovey.... as DPP suggested....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a dream...that people will stop judging young kids (Ramsay is 20) after a handful of senior games (2 in 2014 plus NAB games in 2015).

But I'm sure your probably ok with them being judged a superstar like De goey based on 2 games.

Face it we all judge people on the info we have in every aspect of life. There is nothing wrong with people saying they don't see much there to work with. Of course the larger sample of work you have to go of the more accurate your judgement will be.

But I'm sure your probably ok with them being judged a superstar like De goey based on 2 games.

Face it we all judge people on the info we have in every aspect of life. There is nothing wrong with people saying they don't see much there to work with. Of course the larger sample of work you have to go of the more accurate your judgement will be.

No, I'm not comfortable with players being called superstars after a handful of games. I think we need time to make those judgements. But the main point of my post was to highlight problems in making negative judgements about very young and inexperienced players. It can take time for kids to come good.

Future Tarkyn or Johnson.

Blah blah blah, some people need tissues on here and cant see the ground is slippery as well :)

Blah blah blah, some people need tissues on here and cant see the ground is slippery as well :)

Lol. He does it every game I have seen him. Whether its hand balling to the opposition, giving away dumb free kicks he stuffs everything he does up. Only thing going for him is he is trying.

Lol. He does it every game I have seen him. Whether its hand balling to the opposition, giving away dumb free kicks he stuffs everything he does up. Only thing going for him is he is trying.
what 3 games he has played lol lol blah blah blah:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jackson Ramsay (Delisted 2017)

Back