Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

What did they promise him? When was that made?

If GCS refuse every offer then that isnt Hawthorn's fault - given pretty much everyone thinks GCS are demanding too much.
No way! If JOM is fit, he's as good as Bont, Cripps, Heeney etc on exposed form.

since you guys are chasing him and offering him big bucks on a long contract, you think he's fit. Therefore he is worth the asking price.

No way! If JOM is fit, he's as good as Bont, Cripps, Heeney etc on exposed form.

since you guys are chasing him and offering him big bucks on a long contract, you think he's fit. Therefore he is worth the asking price.
His exposed form is half a game in the NEAFL and then going in for a another knee clean up.
Going to reduce his value no matter the way you look at it.

i've baged Gold Coast quite a bit recently but after listening to Ashcroft speak he seems to be the only one with his head screwed on right so maybe things will work out after all..

North Melbourne gave up those two picks, along with Ryan Bastinac and a 2016's pick 51 for picks 17 and 26.

So assuming 15 and 17 basically cancel out, NM gave up Ryan Bastinac and got pick 26 and Jed Anderson, using your logic. Not a bad effort.

But the points! No, the points are a somewhat handy shorthand. The extra picks are the real value, and ignoring them is just being blindly ignoring how trades work.

So you just want to ignore the parts of the trade that make your arguement dumb?

I didn't say anything about points.
I said north got a 2nd round pick and a 3rd pick upgrade as well as anderson.

Steak knives would be if it was just the pick upgrade.
A 2nd round pick is not a steak knife.
That's a steak

I'm simplifying it so as not to get caught in the minutiae.

Chris Yarran was a 1st rounder, Anderson had a 1st round component...but there were points to make it near equal!!!!...still cost them there 1st rounder.

JOM is massively a superior option to both of these with an upside that makes him potentially the next Fyfe or Danger, so for so many posters here to be classifying the GC as the hard to get along with party is laughable.

It is fun to watch the mighty Hawk fans down in the mud though .....no more - 'we just get deals done' or 'happy to pay overs just to get the right pieces in place'.

If Hawks fans think mediation is going to help them ...I've got news for you and it's all bad.

If he goes to psd Draft he may put as much as 1.5 mill on his head for next year.
which I now believe we have after Mitchell,Lewis and Hill leaving no one else can pay that and use 10 on best young player we can get risky strategy but I can't see a trade being done under the circumstances at the moment.
unless there is a change of mind
We have no players who want to go to GC and they want a lot more than 10.
Can see this ending in a nil all draw unfortunately

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not their problem. If your players don't want to go to GC, find a club they are willing to go to and get a good trade there.

I'm sure some clubs would have paid good trade value for a player like Shiels, or someone would have given you a suitable pick for Breust. It didn't have to be GC. Or don't take Tom Mitchell and you could have given them two first rounders.

No-one forced you to get Tom Mitchell as well. But you got greedy, and now somehow it's GC fault because you can't afford both?

I'm not bitter about Tom, players move, that's fine. But Hawks seem to think you can have everyone, even if you can't afford them.

Is the term Bondi Billionaires offensive to Sydney supporters? If it is i apologize. I thought it was a commonly enough used term in the media that had the meaning of Buddy and Tippetts monster contracts. So i was amused by your comment that Hawks have been too greedy to be able to recruit Jaeger. When the Swans greedyness cost them Tom Mitchell.

If he goes to psd Draft he may put as much as 1.5 mill on his head for next year.
which I now believe we have after Mitchell,Lewis and Hill leaving no one else can pay that and use 10 on best young player we can get risky strategy but I can't see a trade being done under the circumstances at the moment.

Except Gold Coast get nothing but the admiration of the footballing community for holding so steadfast in their beliefs.

Considering what Essendon are willing to pay, are they? Does that not set a market value?
If the system was like that I'd agree with you sadly it's not a trade without consent system so hawthorn has the right to pay him what is a reasonable price

You have 1.5mio after getting Vickery and T Mitchell? Lol. How much were S Mitchell and Lewis on? A mill each?

Absolutely.

Hawthorn know his worth, they just don't want to sell any more of the farm than they already have.

Complete rubbish.

No way in hell anyone would offer the same for JOM as those 3.

Essendon would use pick 1 on any of those. Never even consider using it on JOM.

At least be sensible and say Whitfield... given his unknowns.
Well that's just , like, your opinion man.

i saw his first season. He played alongside a fit Ablett, and he was just as talented but less experienced. He'd be worth pick 1 plus more if he'd not been injured. But based on his injuries, he's worth a little less. Say, two first rounders?

Mediation is not something you pass, it is just a third party trying to reach a deal with both. You might be thinking of arbitration.
The mediation process had no powers of arbitration though.

They only recommend.

The information I have is that a mediation panel of AFLPA reps and others would have recommended acceptance of numerous deals already put forward by Hawthorn (and found amenable to Ashcroft)

If another club in the same city is offering more in terms of return for the Suns, why shouldn't they be able to trade him there? He has no right to request where he should go, hasn't reached free agency...
Oh yeh if GC has the nuts to do that then I'd rather it be a system like that. But under this paradigm where players demand to go places Hawthorns in a very respectable and fair ballpark and GC is carrying on a bit

If you do this, might want to proof read the press release ......just sayin.

Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back