Oppo Camp Jaidyn Stephenson (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Should This Thread Be Kept Open?

• Yes

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an article saying we had him at 2, and could've argued he was worthy of being 1 (Rayner being the top). I assume on the back of performances like the all star game.

I say Murphy was rated the 2nd Best Pick that was Available at Pick 6 as We would Picked Murphy IF Stephenson Failed his Medical with the Club

I say Murphy was rated the 2nd Best Pick that was Available at Pick 6 as We would Picked Murphy IF Stephenson Failed his Medical with the Club

It's a fair assumption. Although for all we know our recruitment team could have had Coffield or someone else in 4, 5 or wherever. Unfortunately we'll probably never know.

But on the plus side we get to see how a "top 3" player and "sixth best" player go in their careers compared to the other players in the top however many.

Hine said "top 3" so I think Apex36 wins the prize.
Happy to stand corrected.

I'll also re-state that Fyfe was 76kg when he was drafted, so nothing to be alarmed about here. His tackling is also good, so I wouldn't worry about that re his chances to play this year either. Played out of the FWD line for most of the TAC season, so gives us some added depth here come round 1.

Happy to stand corrected.

I'll also re-state that Fyfe was 76kg when he was drafted, so nothing to be alarmed about here. His tackling is also good, so I wouldn't worry about that re his chances to play this year either. Played out of the FWD line for most of the TAC season, so gives us some added depth here come round 1.

Interestingly Fyfe played 18 games in his first season.

Interestingly Fyfe played 18 games in his first season.

I can see a similar output from Stephenson if played forward and he gets through the pre-season injury free. In a F50 role his competition for the last 2 spots (5 of the 7 are Elliott, Fasolo, Moore/ Reid, Cox and WHE) is JT, Broomhead, Blair, Daicos, Kirby and Brown.

Considering he has a pace edge on all of that group except maybe Broomhead I’d have him in the top 3 on that depth chart at worst with my preference to give him the game if it’s a 50-50 call.

It's a fair assumption. Although for all we know our recruitment team could have had Coffield or someone else in 4, 5 or wherever. Unfortunately we'll probably never know.

But on the plus side we get to see how a "top 3" player and "sixth best" player go in their careers compared to the other players in the top however many.
If you go early in the draft it’s a slightly better indication you will make it at AFL level but as we have seen Brownlow medalists can come off the Rookie list so anyone can make it, I think we have done pretty well with our first two in this regard and Tyler is the icing. Some smart selections in the Rookie draft also. Stephensen the pick for me.

38191805794_5415b1fb48_c.jpg

38871449782_0cdb68f9a3_c.jpg

38191802974_7fb9b1cea6_c.jpg

38191801894_c49c6be25d_c.jpg

Will play round one in the pocket/flank

I hope you are right about round 1, because it will be an early indication of us nailing this pick.

Meanwhile, Stephenson has similar colouring (hair and skin) to Treloar. I keep getting them confused in distant shots.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see a similar output from Stephenson if played forward and he gets through the pre-season injury free. In a F50 role his competition for the last 2 spots (5 of the 7 are Elliott, Fasolo, Moore/ Reid, Cox and WHE) is JT, Broomhead, Blair, Daicos, Kirby and Brown.

Considering he has a pace edge on all of that group except maybe Broomhead I’d have him in the top 3 on that depth chart at worst with my preference to give him the game if it’s a 50-50 call.
Really Broomhead??

Really Broomhead??

Broomhead is the clear quickest of that group and is 23. I’m not sure about others, but I was definitely more developed at 23 than 18 and at 18 I’d be shocked if Broomhead didn’t run a circa 3 second 20m sprint...

Get Stephenson straight in there round 1 I reckon (contingent on fitness of course)...if he's fit pick him. We need something different in the make up, last few years proved the formula needs changing

Once you get below thirty they don't give you an exact score, they just tell you that you got below 30 (plz don't ask me how I know this).
Makes you wonder what Andrew Gaze got?
He's in the running for the dumbest of the lot in sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back