Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, a very busy global organization has organised a massive 3-year conspiracy just on the off-chance that a club playing a version of football somewhere in Australia might be able to pay unders to trade a player from a rival club.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, ok then. Seems legit. :thumbsu:

You knew that wasn't what he meant lol

Gws
Sydney
Bulldogs
Geelong
Essendon
Just guessing or speaking from inside knowledge?

Sydney couldn't afford it
Geelong already paying Dangerfield and Henderson
Essendon just resigned Bellchambers so ruckman not ultra important, especially a highly injury prone one. Also chasing Zac Smith who will be cheaper.

GWS and Doggies would be the only ones I can see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton back in the box seat.
However after all the conjecture two things remain the same.
1. Will jake choose Carlton?
2. Will jake screw his first club, teammates and supporters and nominate for the psd?
If Carlton is the choice we may know next week.

Carlton back in the box seat.
However after all the conjecture two things remain the same.
1. Will jake choose Carlton?
2. Will jake screw his first club, teammates and supporters and nominate for the psd?
If Carlton is the choice we may know next week.

Agreed ,
The only thing that matters is if Carlisle nominates Carlton .
Today's result changes nothing , Brisbane wouldn't have selected him if he nominated Carlton .

Blues may very well deal with bombers as they may try and persuade Treloar or Aish to head to PSD.

Still think they will offer 2nd round pick (20ish) to bombers for Carlisle.

Blues may very well deal with bombers as they may try and persuade Treloar or Aish to head to PSD.

Still think they will offer 2nd round pick (20ish) to bombers for Carlisle.

Carlton's second rounder may well be swapped with the Cats second rounder to help facilitate the Henderson deal .
That second rounder (28) ? may be the best efc can hope for should Carlisle nominate Carlton .

Assuming Carlisle is indeed nonplussed about his current/prospective former club receiving compensation, if I were Essendon I would just be shopping him to the highest bidder. The AFLPA might not be happy but if heads to another Melbourne based club (Saints, North, Hawks) there is not much they can complain about. Players have too much power for mine.

Do you think Jake will nominate the Blues as his preferred destination still?

Nothing has changed as far as I know. Fully expect him to announce through his manager next week that he intends to leave. Don't know if he nominates Carlton next week or he leaves the public announcement until day 1 of trade week.

Nothing has changed as far as I know. Fully expect him to announce through his manager next week that he intends to leave. Don't know if he nominates Carlton next week or he leaves the public announcement until day 1 of trade week.

I'd think Jake will be on holidays far from Melbourne by midweek and no need for anyone to hear a peep from him and his manager til trade week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back