Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon fans thinks Carlisle is worth pick 5 but would be happy with picks 15 and 18?

If the Hawks offered 15 and 18 for pick 4 would you take it?

No, Essendon think Carlisle is worth a first round pick.

For Melksham?

You should be thanking the stars and driving him to Melbourne headquarters! The bloke was a lemon selection, to get a 2nd rounder is highway robbery for him.

Carlisle for 15+18 is pretty fair.

Yeah, I agree with both statements.
I would have been happy with a 3rd rounder for Melksham mate, as would most of the Essendon supporters.
I hope we draft a new whipping boy.

not really, it's not a bad draft, but a shallow one. It's exactly the draft to be stockpiling high picks

For talls yes, mediums and smalls its not poor just under whelming..ie pick 15 will be similar to pick 30 in talent.

bombers are different to the blues though, they don't need a full rebuild, just a re structure of talent and to add much needed speed and ball use. They can do it with the picks they have, the blues however will need to most likely go through 3 drafts to get the same result.

They should if this eventuates... Rebuilding their list around a weak draft could cause further issues.

Could see them dealing with GWS.

Would do two things, but mainly GWS needs point for Kennedy + Hopper. Giving them 15 + 18 for their pick 8 (or whatever it is) actually is a net increase for GWS. Yet would give Essendon another high selection that could get a top 10 talent.

anyway, I dare say Ameet or wtf his name is is trying to get Dodoro on the phone desparately right now, with Pick 5 on a platter

Yeah was thinking this could be a ploy to get pick 5.

Carlisle still has to agree, which means coming to the Hawks on less money than he could get at St Kilda.

Beyond a joke. We were under fire when we won a flag with a bunch of no names and then brought in tippett.

Hawks have won 3 in a row and brought in players every year
they ain't playing with everyone else's money though, ffs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beyond a joke. We were under fire when we won a flag with a bunch of no names and then brought in tippett.

Hawks have won 3 in a row and brought in players every year

For the 1000th time, if you don't get Franklin we don't have cap space to bring in anyone.

ah no, the whole point of the ban was Sydney was using EXTRA money, that no club had, and instead of using it properly spread amongst all players as, you know, a cost of living assistance, they were going outside the spirit of the assistance by stock-piling it and using it to get high end acquisitions...
Ah no, the Swans applied 9.8% COLA to every contract, as was regulated by the AFL and voted in favour by all AFL clubs. New contracts in the past couple of years haven't received COLA, and the overall COLA amount has decreased in line with that. The Swans broke no rule, yet were randomly penalised.

I'm obviously joking when I say the Hawks should be trade banned, but for consistency that would have to be the case. No team should ever be trade banned if they haven't broken any rules.

I don't understand why people are so passionate about this.
Essendon want pick 5, St Kilda don't think he is worth that.
Why has that ended in 411 pages of pointing fingers.
If saints get Carlisle ..... great. If not we move on.
Relax people.
Trade time on Big Footy is serious business.

Still a bit of water to go under the bridge.

I think he will have to take a fair pay cut to come to the Hawks, compared to what he would get at the Saints.

Ah no, the Swans applied 9.8% COLA to every contract, as was regulated by the AFL and voted in favour by all AFL clubs. New contracts in the past couple of years haven't received COLA, and the overall COLA amount has decreased in line with that. The Swans broke no rule, yet were randomly penalised.

I'm obviously joking when I say the Hawks should be trade banned, but for consistency that would have to be the case. No team should ever be trade banned if they haven't broken any rules.
well I think the ban is a load of shit too, but it's just sophistry to say they paid an additional 9.8%, if the original contracts were, let's say, roughly 10% under what they would otherwise have been...

Yeah, I agree with both statements.
I would have been happy with a 3rd rounder for Melksham mate, as would most of the Essendon supporters.
I hope we draft a new whipping boy.

I would suggest to rather draft another hidden gem in the first round. People do bad Dodoro, but to be fair at least early on his draft choices have been sound recently, in compromised circumstances.

Yeah was thinking this could be a ploy to get pick 5.

Carlisle still has to agree, which means coming to the Hawks on less money than he could get at St Kilda.

Yeah could be a ploy. If so it's a pretty good one.

That being said - if Jake says no to it (can't see it happening) then Saints are in a better position to negotiate the deal.

Essendon could then turn those two first rounders into a top 10 selection if they choose though.

Which is what the Saints are trying to get done as well??

So Essendon would trade him to the 3 time reigning premier for what reason? To spite the Saints?

lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back