Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

The media reports seem to be that Sydney wanted Bird out of the club, does anyone know why?
Bird is loved in Sydney. Only reason to move him on would be to free up salary/list spots.

Even for the points it looks awful. 16 points doesn't make an ounce of difference overall. Swans have voluntarily reamed themselves, unless there is a follow up deal coming.
Cap space, and I also have a feeling that we'll swap 57 and 80 for 72 and 90 or something similar. That gives you a bit over 200 more points.

Even for the points it looks awful. 16 points doesn't make an ounce of difference overall. Swans have voluntarily reamed themselves, unless there is a follow up deal coming.

maybe they needed to clear cap space

Bains obviously gets along well with Sydney and was able to convince them to do a deal that gave them very little advantage. I'm very happy that we got out of this with a first round pick intact.

Lets see your hero pull off anything like it. He wins for the moment, but it wont help you trade good players into your club in the future.
so let me get this straight. Good guy Bains sweet-talked the Swans into doing the deal despite it being bad for them, and now they are all seething at being bent over by Dodoro and won't work with him in the future, regardless of what the deal is or the players involved.

Hahahaha lol, just because you make something up in your head doesn't make it fact :D

You might want to recheck your maths.
St Kilda give up 5 and 24, receive 14 and Carlisle. How is that Carlisle being free?
Yeah that was based on what was being reported the actual trade is as follows based on points,
Essendon receive pick 8 and bird for Carlisle and 44.
Swans receive pick 73 for bird
Saints gain pick 69 and Carlisle.
Swans the biggest losers by far

Sigh.
The 23 24 swap is mental.
Obviously Dodoro being a complete dick, and the Swans doing the deal almost as a favor to us.
I'd say that we owe the Swans big time, and that both the Swans and Saints will be avoiding Dodoro in the future ( like most people do ).

Bains obviously gets along well with Sydney and was able to convince them to do a deal that gave them very little advantage. I'm very happy that we got out of this with a first round pick intact.

Lets see your hero pull off anything like it. He wins for the moment, but it wont help you trade good players into your club in the future.

Un****ingbelieable. You've been banging on since before the trade period even started saying Dodoro is a chump and the Saints will screw Essendon over, then when we actually come out of this with a good looking deal you continue to spit the dummy.

Grow up champ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hilarious...
So it was Bains who helped EFC win this trade due to Sydney thinking he's a good bloke?
Jog on mate...

And Bains also convinced the Swans to send Bird to Essendon as well. Such a nice guy.

"Lets see your hero pull off anything like it. He wins for the moment, but it wont help you trade good players into your club in the future."

He didn't have to pull anything off. You were the buyer. You must satisify the seller. Learn that.

We've got a day and a half to convince McCarthy to come to us it's time for disco to rise to legendary status
Not going to happen. It's GWS or Fremantle.

The points system for Academy picks means that the Northern States are going to be much more fluent in the future with their picks. It doesn't matter that they lose 14, because they gained 23 and 44 and are going to use them to pick up a top 10 pick. Obviously they have more to gain from having Bird off their list than on it. Sometimes players just go for cheap.

Going forward I expect the Northern States (and mostly sydney while the others are down the order) to be mediator in more trades in the future.

so let me get this straight. Good guy Bains sweet-talked the Swans into doing the deal despite it being bad for them, and now they are all seething at being bent over by Dodoro and won't work with him in the future, regardless of what the deal is or the players involved.

Hahahaha lol, just because you make something up in your head doesn't make it fact :D

Didn't make it up. There has long been gossip about what others within the industry think of Dodoro.
Fair enough he has his no-budge style, and it can give you a good result in cases like this, but when you see other clubs do "mates deals" sometimes , don't go expecting something similar.

The points system for Academy picks means that the Northern States are going to be much more fluent in the future with their picks. It doesn't matter that they lose 14, because they gained 23 and 44 and are going to use them to pick up a top 10 pick. Obviously they have more to gain from having Bird off their list than on it. Sometimes players just go for cheap.

Going forward I expect the Northern States (and mostly sydney while the others are down the order) to be mediator in more trades in the future.
Dodoro likes this

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back