Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

We should throw everything at him. Goldy is the only player I would not trade for him. A gun CHB holds a lot of value.
I'm not sure North would be his first choice; I think your club has built your team and this is their chance. Hansen is pretty good at performing the Carlisle role, don't you think?

This got posted on the dogs board the other day by a poster with an immaculate record-

The whole way through the Carlisle discussion I've mentioned that Essendon were very confident he'd stay. As of yesterday, they are not. I'm not saying that he's coming to us, but I've got the (politically correctly way of saying it) strongest mail yet that he's going to be leaving Essendon. I put a rider on this statement that the source was at Essendon, but they are making arrangements for him not to be there next year. God I sound like Caro. According to sources close to the club he won't be there next year.

Take it or leave it - just thought it belonged here too.

I personally thought he was gone as soon as WADA appealed.

Right now it's likely to be Footscray. They do have the cash, despite the Boyd contract, and are a low enough side for the teams being able to get an equitable agreement.

I'm not sure North would be his first choice; I think your club has built your team and this is their chance. Hansen is pretty good at performing the Carlisle role, don't you think?
Carlisle is better one on one back than hanson. That is what we need. Hanson plays the loose man role well as he reads the play well, has good hands and is courageous.

I would be disappointed if we aren't making a play at him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You need pace, as do North. I'd be surprised if another mid paced, mid height inside hard nut is what Essendon need?

Correct. We need a midfielder with pace and a+ skill. The skill factor more important than pace if he can find enough of the ball ie Beams.

Who from North fits that criteria? Cunnington is quality and makes great decisions in tight he will be a top 10 mid at some point in the future imo
Atley.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back