Jake Carlisle Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

What really pisses me off is if this comes to light before the trade his value significantly diminishes. No doubt about it. And a further slap in the face is the fact according to our ITK's we were trading in good faith for the sake of our future trading relations. We were duped, and I hope an investigation is made as to weather Essendon knew. The AFL are all about sportsmanship and playing within the "spirit of the game", this will be a good test

Last edited:
Reneg the trade NOW.

It's not that we don't want Jake, we're happy to have him, and happy to help him get over these issues, but....

We've paid $150,000 for a 1978 Datsun.

Bennell, a potential Top 10 player in the league, got traded for the equivalent of pick 26.

We should scrap the original trade, then go back to Didora and offer 45.

1. 9.33AM: JAKE CARLISLE STATEMENT
  2. After footage of Jake Carlisle was shown on 'A Current Affair' he has just issued this statement.
  3. I have made a very poor decision and let people down and for that I am embarrassed and truly sorry. First, I would like to apologise to allSt Kilda members, supporters and staff, AFL fans as well as my new teammates.

I am aware of footage being aired of me last night and Iwant to be upfront and say that I made a mistake.

The video casts me in a very poor light and reveals clearly inappropriate behaviour which I regret but am accountable for.

I know that in a few weeks’ time when I join St Kilda I’m going to be expected to be open and honest with my new club so want to start byconfirming my error of judgment right now.

St Kilda have shown great confidence in me and when I startwith them I will need to earn their respect and win back the confidence of theplaying group and broader Saints community.

I will learn from my mistake and when I return to AustraliaI will commit to any Club or AFL requirements or educational programs.

Again,I apologise for my behaviour and stress that when I join my new Club, I will do everything I can to live up to the standards and values they are building at StKilda.

What a dumb ass.

what. the ****.

Those essendon gooses again, similar to the lovett situation

I hope the difference will be that we are now a better run club, and certainly not an festering sore like Essendon.
Unlike James tird and co we won't try to deny responsibility, even though it's not our doing, instead we will work to cleanse Jake and watch him become a gun and leader at our club. That's my hope.

Last line of the statement

'Again, I apologise for my behaviour and stress that when I join my new Club, I will do everything I can to live up to the standards and values they are building at St Kilda.'

Backhanded way of saying the values and standards are sheisen at floggerland?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still nothing from the club.
Do people honestly believe he'll be sacked for that though? If so they obviously haven't told Jake yet!

I'm pretty sure that statement would have been drafted by St Kilda and the wording strongly suggests we will stand by him.

As others have mentioned, I think we can turn this into a positive thing. It happened before he was a member of our club and we are going to show that we can help him turn the situation around.

Obviously if this is the case and he publically FKs up again then they need to take a much more severe action.

So we’ve just traded a massive risk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK so obviously or hopefully passed this by the club.

If so he won't be sacked. He needs to
1. Delete effing snap chat
2. Get into a program
3. Front his new club
4 Bloody well learn to stop being a cochlear

He has stuffed up big time.
We need to look after him and make sure he is a bloody model citizen from here on in.

Will be a non story in a week or two.

He will feel like an F-wit at the first training session

Still nothing from the club.
Do people honestly believe he'll be sacked for that though? If so they obviously haven't told Jake yet!

I'm pretty sure most players do the statement that makes it hard for the club to unload them though.

He will be one of many who get filmed doing dumb shit

hopefully this drives him to be a better player

gotta make you wonder if the bombers knew of it's existance tho

You are a Collingwood supporter and yet I like your posts, it doesn't make sense

CR4CFNZUsAAotCu.png

Jake Carlisle Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back