Jake Carlisle Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

At least I have confidence that Richo will deal with him. Watters probably would have organised some sort of group hug.

I reckon Richo will be one of the most embarrassed at the club about the saga and won't take it easy on Jake. Facing Riewoldt probably had nothing on how face a pissed Richo was. He pretty much character referenced him. I reckon he would feel like a prime dick right now. Richo doesn't hold back the straight talking.

I just hope the club doesn't punish him to the point where he doesn't want to be a part of the club environment. I hate to sound weak, but I reckon he might need a bit of a kick in the ass, but then a soft touch moving forward. I love that Danny Frawley has put his hand up to mentor him, I think that will do wonders for Jake and the team.

Truth be told, if they paid him less that will make me feel a little easier about the ability to keep a future star. an extra $150k or $200k might be the difference in a Billings or a McCartin staying or going when their contracts are up.
He's still on a four year contract, and I think if he plays well enough he won't lose a lot of money. But he'll have to work his arse off to get it. Blessing in disguise hopefully.

So he mightn't get a strike and we save thousands of dollars? #winning

Its likely that Jake's little brainfade could be a blessing in disguise

- Jake's contract gets downgraded (in terms of money)
- This leaves extra room in our salary cap
- Jake resolves to improve his on-field on off-field behaviour
- Jake realises his potential and knuckles down and starts producing a consistent high standard of footy

Its plain obvious that this guy needs some guidance - hopefully he is receptive and will open his eyes and take full advantage of this second chance

He is an awesome talent however we can only hope he comes to his senses because the only thing holding back from becoming one of the games greats is Carlisle himself

Does anyone know the crowd he hangs around with??

For him to have a genuine/realistic chance of moving forward he probably needs to ditch them which is easier said than done - maybe a residential move south of the river might help??

thAt Has to be one of the great scoops of all time
latest

I'll judge him as to how he acts as a Saint. His actions as a Bomber, while not acceptable, could stem from his feelings towards that club. It's no secret he wasn't happy there, not to mention the stress all the players have been under the last few years. What if he gave up on footy entirely and wanted an out?
I think I'm just backing him in because he's with us now. If the players give him the all clear after their meeting, that's good enough for me.

Set the bar low.

judge the man on what he has done and will continue to do, not just what he will do once he's changed his jumper colour. The players will tolerate him, at worst, until he crosses that line like Lovett did (ie recreational use is somewhat kocher, abuse of any kind towards women, not so much) at best Carlisle will actually grow up and redeem himself in the eyes of his peers.

The blokes 24 though, so question marks on how much scope there is for him to actually change dramatically.

I haven't really commented on this situation much, but I will now.

When it all leaked I was really disappointed and annoyed as much of us were on here. But sacking him wouldve been a bit over the top IMO.

It isn't an ideal start for Jake at the club, very silly and absolutely disappointing for us who have been very clean over the last few years with scandals.

But in saying that, we all make mistakes but how you redeem yourself from the mistakes is important. This was a very silly mistake...

I'm very confident that the club, our leadership group, fellow players etc can really help Jake become a better person and think he will really repay us with some terrific form in years to come.

I've never been more confident in our club.

Collingwoods is/was full of dickheads.
Marley Williams.
Swan.
Keeffe
Thomas
Shaw
Didak
etc etc
Sponsors throw money at them.
Have a big enough fan base or win a flag and you get sponsors no matter what.
Sponsors are pretty shallow and they turn a blind eye when they want.
Unfortunately you are right. We will be a minnow club until we rise again. Any stuff up hits us harder than the big clubs.
Hodge - drunk driver
Mitchell - sniper
Lake - monster flog
Lewis - monster flog
Clarkson - punches out the public
Webster - filmed girls w/o consent

Don't see anyone jumping off them...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hodge - drunk driver
Mitchell - sniper
Lake - monster flog
Lewis - monster flog
Clarkson - punches out the public
Webster - filmed girls w/o consent

Don't see anyone jumping off them...
If drugs equaled no sponsors, the Eagles wouldve gone broke 20 yrs ago:p

I love this move.

Think it's inline w the last 2 years of cultural change. To slap on the wrist would have undone all that hard work.

Also sets / maintains the standards for the playing group & the media/public perception of the club.

I twittered the club that I would quit my membership if the club didn't sack Carlisle or seek damages from the AFL/his manager.

I meant it. If the club rolled over on this issue I rould have walked away. That probably sounds weak as piss & disloyal, but I refuse to devote my energy towards a club that wouldn't learn from past mistakes.

Fortunately the club is taking a seriously hard line & at the same time getting good PR out of this crisis.

Up the Saints! Up Finnis & co!

We need to embrace carlisle as a saint now.
Trust is what will bring out the best in him.
The more i thought about it. The more i started to realise how life must of been for Jake the last few years that ultimately sent him looking for a new home. A new family.
Its not an excuse to take drugs and act like a lunatic but maybe some consolation is needed.
Once youve been betrayed, dragged through the mud by those closest to you. Where do u find that trust again. Im sure he just felt lost.
Were his new family now. I hope we as a club throw our arms around him... Show him trust.. something that he may have forgotten a long time ago. Lets embrace him and i bet we'll see the best of carlisle...watch him give back to the club 10 fold.

what would she know?

According to this thread, we're losing sponsors and members because of this. You think she'd do some proper research before printing such rubbish!

/sarcasm
Wow... I read this twice before I saw the sarcasm line haha. Was about to tear shreds into you for referencing BigFooty haha

LOL he didnt say one word to them.
What a scoop :p
WOW what an exclusive interview of a guy walking to his car:D
that was a compelling story. Could have been Four Corners. I loved the way Tom Browne interacted with Jake, almost like they were on two different continents.
Tom did build some reality into the story by filming in front of the AFL offices at Etihad. Using two degrees of separation, Jake has played at Etihad.

We need to embrace carlisle as a saint now.
Trust is what will bring out the best in him.
The more i thought about it. The more i started to realise how life must of been for Jake the last few years that ultimately sent him looking for a new home. A new family.
Its not an excuse to take drugs and act like a lunatic but maybe some consolation is needed.
Once youve been betrayed, dragged through the mud by those closest to you. Where do u find that trust again. Im sure he just felt lost.
Were his new family now. I hope we as a club throw our arms around him... Show him trust.. something that he may have forgotten a long time ago. Lets embrace him and i bet we'll see the best of carlisle...watch him give back to the club 10 fold.
Well said, it's the point I was trying to make but I think you said it best. He's our bloke now, he's made some mistakes which he will pay for, but let's get behind him. For all we know he just needs that little extra bit of care to get him going straight again.
He will pay his price, I hope we can all get behind him when the time is right.

Jake Carlisle Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back