Traded Jake Lever [traded to Melbourne]

Remove this Banner Ad

He was in and out of Collingwoods team this year. A team that doesnt have as good a defense as we do.
I think people are talking about Scharenberg because he might help replace the hole of Lever goes. No one sees him as a 1 for 1 replacement tho.
Plus he is an SA boy who might want to come home.

The club was surprised the Berg played as much as he did. He has had 3 injury riddled years and does not have the fitness base, let alone the mental demons re his knees. Yes, he was in and out of the side but there was a damn good reason.

Simple solution..all the collingwood and melbourne supporters who are against giving up anything decent for Level..go speak to your club and beg them to not to go after lever. That way he can stay in Adelaide where he is playing good footy and it is a win win
It's coole , there not the only teams in the hunt !

It's coole , there not the only teams in the hunt !
Hope it happens for you guys, I have no issue with Hawthorn trading away their first pick in next years superdraft.

Don't think we have got to many decisions wrong over the yrs ...
True, but next years draft is being compared to the 2001 draft.

Happy for you guy to take Lever if it means you'll possibly miss out on a Hodge.

Edit: although Garlett, O'Rourke and Vickery were pretty wrong, and O'Meara still has big question marks, so it's not like your recruiters are infallible.

Happy for you guy to take Lever if it means you'll possibly miss out on a Hodge.

Edit: although Garlett, O'Rourke and Vickery were pretty wrong, and O'Meara still has big question marks, so it's not like your recruiters are infallible.
Track record remains tho

I'm not against trading Scharenberg for Lever, just not Berg and pick 6. That's insanely over the odds given Scharenberg's numbers this year and his potential for improvement, even with his injury history.
Lever is worth a first and a second. Scharenberg is worth a second.

Happy to not take him, but the value makes sense.

Mitch Thorpe, Beau Dowler.

Lever is worth a first and a second. Scharenberg is worth a second.

Happy to not take him, but the value makes sense.
Makes sense for Adelaide, not for Collingwood. As a general rule in a trade scenario both parties will try to walk away happy. Can't imagine Collingwood will be happy giving up Scharenberg when his value will likely be much higher in 12 months.

I'm not against trading Scharenberg for Lever, just not Berg and pick 6. That's insanely over the odds given Scharenberg's numbers this year and his potential for improvement, even with his injury history.

That seems pretty high and I'm a Lever fan. Pick 6 alone would be a good return for us given that the's uncontracted.

That seems pretty high and I'm a Lever fan. Pick 6 alone would be a good return for us given that the's uncontracted.
Wow, a rational Adelaide fan. I think I might faint.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lever is already a better player then Howe.
6 years younger.
Has been touted as the next Crow's captain so has leadership skills. (Remember it isn't all on field it's a business)
Lever is 5cm taller.
Takes 1.4 more intercept possessions per game
And has 1.2 less turn overs per game.
I'm sorry but Howe has made one all Australian squad of 40 and he is 27. Lever is 21 and has already been there.
Lever has played more finals!.
You Collingwood supporters need to step up, part with pick 6 + Scharenberg
Or I mean could always do a straight swap.
Grundy, Adams, or Pendlebury, for Lever.
Youse are just pissed because you guys get r*ped at the trade table everytime!
Youse are the biggest club in the league hence why everyone wants to go there.
How did Mayne go for you guys this year??!!!

Kangaroos might be interested now.
All there key defenders are 30+
Have money to throw around now that they missed out on Martin.
Pick 4 crows fans?

Lever is already a better player then Howe.
6 years younger.
Has been touted as the next Crow's captain so has leadership skills. (Remember it isn't all on field it's a business)
Lever is 5cm taller.
Takes 1.4 more intercept possessions per game
And has 1.2 less turn overs per game.
I'm sorry but Howe has made one all Australian squad of 40 and he is 27. Lever is 21 and has already been there.
Lever has played more finals!.
You Collingwood supporters need to step up, part with pick 6 + Scharenberg
Or I mean could always do a straight swap.
Grundy, Adams, or Pendlebury, for Lever.
Youse are just pissed because you guys get r*ped at the trade table everytime!
Youse are the biggest club in the league hence why everyone wants to go there.
How did Mayne go for you guys this year??!!!
Lol.
That is extremely rich coming from you. You are one of the most one-eyed collingwood supporters that posts on this board.
Oh, hi peanut. Are you still thinking you'll get 2 first round picks for Lever?

Two firsts and a second is utter ridiculousness. A first round pick (not top 5) plus either a player or a second rounder is probably about what they'll get.

Maybe a top 5 pick plus some even looser change.

Learn how to read mate, it was Lever and crows second going for 2 firsts from melbourne. That's likely to end up being less than the Treloar trade even though Lever is younger and getting chased with bigger dollars.

It really isn't, un-contracted or not. If the draft was re-done he would go top 3 and that was a stronger draft than this year. Pick 6 and a future second might be par, depending on where collingwood finish. Pick 6 on it's own would be clear unders.

Hi,

I have never suggested 2 first round picks. Nice try though, but your trolling ability sux. By the way, Broomhead is shit, but keep talking him up, will give you plenty of credibility !!

Thanks.
Yet you're suggesting pick 6 and a player that would walk straight in to your 22. The stupidity of that is mind boggling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jake Lever [traded to Melbourne]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back