Traded Jake Lever [traded to Melbourne]

Remove this Banner Ad

...hard to argue with destiny o_O
If you try and live in the now, you will never get anywhere. Why are you guys putting such a high value on pick 6 then ??
Landing Lynch from Gold Coast or Schache from Brisbane should be a much higher priority than Lever.
Trying to land either will come at a huge cost. Schache just re-signed, so do you wait the 2 years ?? And Lynch, what sort of salary do you think it will take to land him ??

Brown is definitely small, but not quick or clever. Not sure if he will make it. Daicos is more likely.
Please suggest a good rebounding defender -they are harder to find than you suggest.
Harsh on Brown imo. We took Brodie Smith with pick 14, and Rory Laird in the rookie draft. Both All Australian.

My point was that Sydney were instrumental in the deal actually being done. It wouldn't have been done otherwise. It was a stalemate, and Sydney came to save the day on that one. So it makes the deal look better for St Kilda. Sydney wanted their academy players.
Ok, but none of that really changes anything in regards to my original point, which was that st Kilda didn't give 5 + 24 for just Carlisle. They got a first round back in the deal, regardless of where it came from.

Wow that's original. You can't look at that deal in isolation. It was a 3 club trade, and had to be.

Speak for yourself, you tried to make out that that the Bombers traded Carlisle + pick 44 for pick 5.

It doesn't matter if it was a 3/4/5 way deal at the end of the day the fact remains.

St Kilda out = picks 5 + 24

St Kilda in = Carlisle + pick 14

Speak for yourself, you tried to make out that that the Bombers traded Carlisle + pick 44 for pick 5.

It doesn't matter if it was a 3/4/5 way deal at the end of the day the fact remains.

Haha no I didn't, I simply stated which pick went back. Which was correct. You can't look at that deal in isolation. The deal wouldn't have been done otherwise.

Ok, but none of that really changes anything in regards to my original point, which was that st Kilda didn't give 5 + 24 for just Carlisle. They got a first round back in the deal, regardless of where it came from.
How much of that was St Kilda not wanting to get bent over cos they knew they were dealing with Essendon ?? So they tried to play hard ball, while still trying to get what they want. And it matters because if that deal had stayed between 2 clubs, they would have continued to butt heads and never got a deal done.

Trying to land either will come at a huge cost. Schache just re-signed, so do you wait the 2 years ?? And Lynch, what sort of salary do you think it will take to land him ??
Contracted players still can move clubs if all parties agree -Trav Cloke last year was one example -plenty of others.
Agree that Lynch will likely demand a greater salary than Lever (as he should), but maybe he wants out of his current environment. He's yet to sign an extension to his contract, so becomes a FA at the end of next year. He should be our main target -not Lever.

Haha no I didn't, I simply stated which pick went back. Which was correct. You can't look at that deal in isolation. The deal wouldn't have been done otherwise.

So let me get this correct, you were picking out parts of the deal in isolation?

Instead of constantly shifting the goal posts, sometimes it's just better to admit you got it wrong.

Otherwise you just end up looking like a Peanut :D

Contracted players still can move clubs if all parties agree -Trav Cloke last year was one example -plenty of others.
Agree that Lynch will likely demand a greater salary than Lever (as he should), but maybe he wants out of his current environment. He's yet to sign an extension to his contract, so becomes a FA at the end of next year. He should be our main target -not Lever.
Yeah aware of that, but I think Schache has bought in now to where they are going. Would be almost impossible to prise away. Cloke on the other hand, you guys couldn't get rid of him fast enough. Not a good example. You still payed a portion of his contract this year too.

Lynch as a Free Agent next year will be in huge demand, and very likely he will leave if they are still the rabble they are now, and he receives huge offers from Melbourne clubs. Is any one player worth that sort of money ?? Clubs that have been successful for long periods in recent history would suggest not.

Also, you didn't answer my question. If you are trying so hard to live in the now, and trade for established players, why put such a huge value on pick 6 ??

So let me get this correct, you were picking out parts of the deal in isolation?

Instead of constantly shifting the goal posts, sometimes it's just better to admit you got it wrong.

Otherwise you just end up looking like a Peanut :D
Hahaha nah. As they say, You can lead a horse to water, you can't make him drink. You got it wrong and are trying to spin it any way you can to make yourself feel better. Hope it worked. He asked a specific question, to which he got a specific answer. Which was 100% correct. You got it wrong and were shown up.

How much of that was St Kilda not wanting to get bent over cos they knew they were dealing with Essendon ?? So they tried to play hard ball, while still trying to get what they want. And it matters because if that deal had stayed between 2 clubs, they would have continued to butt heads and never got a deal done.
Great. Hopefully that happens if Lever chooses Collingwood and we don't get a deal done :thumbsu:

In essence we did. We had a 1 pick downgrade.

It really isn't, un-contracted or not. If the draft was re-done he would go top 3 and that was a stronger draft than this year. Pick 6 and a future second might be par, depending on where collingwood finish. Pick 6 on it's own would be clear unders.

Unders is what you get for uncontracted players. We got a mid first and mid second for Danger. T

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unders is what you get for uncontracted players. We got a mid first and mid second for Danger. T

Not that much, it's huge unders. Dangerfield was a free agent circumstances are different.

A first and second is still unders of his true value. But it could be par for an uncontracted Lever.

Not that much, it's huge unders. Dangerfield was a free agent circumstances are different.

A first and second is still unders of his true value. But it could be par for an uncontracted Lever.

Danger wasn't different, once we match their RFA offer, he's just uncontracted like every other player. If they were capable of winning him with an RFA offer, then they wouldn't have parted with any picks at all. It's not a difficult concept. And Danger was huge unders regardless because Noble is a shit negotiator and was always getting deals done quickly so he could, "move onto other deals". As the Cats said, he was great to deal with because he didn't anchor, ie he's a pushover. Pick 6 is a pretty low first rounder, probably equal to the 2 picks we got for Danger, expecting their second on top of that for an uncontracted Lever is expecting too much. The exchange of second rounders as steak knives mentioned earlier would be a good result for us. And if Lever is going for the big pay packet, then the thought of another club jumping in and paying the price he puts on his head in the PSD might not bother him. "2 years in Brissie on $900k love, can you handle that?" My money is on us accepting pick 6 if that's all that is offered and if we get anything on top of that which doesn't clog the list, then I'll be fairly happy.

Danger wasn't different, once we match their RFA offer, he's just uncontracted like every other player. If they were capable of winning him with an RFA offer, then they wouldn't have parted with any picks at all. It's not a difficult concept. And Danger was huge unders regardless because Noble is a shit negotiator and was always getting deals done quickly so he could, "move onto other deals". As the Cats said, he was great to deal with because he didn't anchor, ie he's a pushover. Pick 6 is a pretty low first rounder, probably equal to the 2 picks we got for Danger, expecting their second on top of that for an uncontracted Lever is expecting too much. The exchange of second rounders as steak knives mentioned earlier would be a good result for us. And if Lever is going for the big pay packet, then the thought of another club jumping in and paying the price he puts on his head in the PSD might not bother him. "2 years in Brissie on $900k love, can you handle that?" My money is on us accepting pick 6 if that's all that is offered and if we get anything on top of that which doesn't clog the list, then I'll be fairly happy.

So lost out big time in a trade before and you're happy to do it again. Why? I don't understand how you can accept this. It not expecting too much, if anything it's expecting too little. Brisbane weren't there to save the day for Gws.
We should be getting something like Treloar trade (from dees) or similar value elsewhere, anything less and I'll be angry.

Also Noble isn't around anymore.

So lost out big time in a trade before and you're happy to do it again. Why? I don't understand how you can accept this. It not expecting too much, if anything it's expecting too little. Brisbane weren't there to save the day for Gws.
We should be getting something like Treloar trade (from dees) or similar value elsewhere, anything less and I'll be angry.

Also Noble isn't around anymore.

I don't think that 3rd tall defenders are valued as highly as gun midfielders. Lever is worth their 6 and a second rounder of some description, he's not worth their low first and another mid first. That he's not contracted reduces his value, so we get the low first rounder and hopefully some steak knives. That puts him about a 2nd rounder behind Treloar's value, which seems about right to me. If he was as highly valued as a gun midfielder, then we'd be offering him gun midfielder money.

Ha ok. You have dedicated a huge amount of your time then to a thread on a player you don't want. Interesting.
I've been pretty consistent all the way through this thread that I don't want him. It's not my decision though, so I'm naturally going to take an interest in him until he chooses a destination (that's hopefully not Collingwood).

Yeah aware of that, but I think Schache has bought in now to where they are going. Would be almost impossible to prise away.
By "bought in now to where they are going" means happy to be playing NEAFL and behind Hipwood as a key forward, then yeah ...I suppose he will be hard to tempt away.
Also, you didn't answer my question. If you are trying so hard to live in the now, and trade for established players, why put such a huge value on pick 6 ??
I reckon we would be prepared to trade pick 6 -but as part of a deal for someone like Lynch or Schache. They would significantly improve our team.
I wouldn't trade pick 6 for Lever. He is worth a 1st round pick to someone, but Collingwood don't need another player in his position.
As usual, managers are floating Collingwood's name around in order to boost his asking price.

I've been pretty consistent all the way through this thread that I don't want him. It's not my decision though, so I'm naturally going to take an interest in him until he chooses a destination (that's hopefully not Collingwood).

Everyone would have him at the right price to their club

I think it's a given a first rounder will be required then the crows will push for a player

What is

Shaz
Maynard

Worth on the market a second at best maybe a third rounder probably no different to Kelly in our team

We gave up Lyon last year for a third who had played a full afl season

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Everyone would have him at the right price to their club

I think it's a given a first rounder will be required then the crows will push for a player

What is

Shaz
Maynard

Worth on the market a second at best maybe a third rounder probably no different to Kelly in our team

We gave up Lyon last year for a third who had played a full afl season

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Scharenberg's worth to you guys would be a second, but he's contracted and Collingwood value him higher than that, so it would take a great deal to get us to let him go.
As for Maynard, you're seriously undervaluing him. He was taken at pick 30 and has only increased his worth since then. Pies wouldn't take less than a late first for him, once again, a contracted and required player.

I understand where you're coming from in theses trades, but if you want players that are best 22, contracted, and highly rated by their club, you'd want to be presenting a bloody enticing offer. If you ask for either of those guys you won't get 6 in addition.

Not sure why you guys are so hot on Maynard either. His old man might have played in SA, but he's a Vic boy. There's no hint that he'd even want to go to Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jake Lever [traded to Melbourne]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back