Traded Jake Lever [traded to Melbourne]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah aware of that, but I think Schache has bought in now to where they are going. Would be almost impossible to prise away. Cloke on the other hand, you guys couldn't get rid of him fast enough. Not a good example. You still payed a portion of his contract this year too.

Lynch as a Free Agent next year will be in huge demand, and very likely he will leave if they are still the rabble they are now, and he receives huge offers from Melbourne clubs. Is any one player worth that sort of money ?? Clubs that have been successful for long periods in recent history would suggest not.

Also, you didn't answer my question. If you are trying so hard to live in the now, and trade for established players, why put such a huge value on pick 6 ??

I don't believe this is correct. Cloke cancelled his contract which is why he was traded for pretty much nothing.

I don't believe this is correct. Cloke cancelled his contract which is why he was traded for pretty much nothing.
This is correct. Cloke and Collingwood agreed to terminate his contract, allowing him to go to the Dogs on lesser money without us paying out anything.

Scharenberg's worth to you guys would be a second, but he's contracted and Collingwood value him higher than that, so it would take a great deal to get us to let him go.
As for Maynard, you're seriously undervaluing him. He was taken at pick 30 and has only increased his worth since then. Pies wouldn't take less than a late first for him, once again, a contracted and required player.

I understand where you're coming from in theses trades, but if you want players that are best 22, contracted, and highly rated by their club, you'd want to be presenting a bloody enticing offer. If you ask for either of those guys you won't get 6 in addition.

Not sure why you guys are so hot on Maynard either. His old man might have played in SA, but he's a Vic boy. There's no hint that he'd even want to go to Adelaide.

Maxie Maynard Glenelg premiership superstar

That may be true but there is a link, shaz for me holds more interest good Glenelg boy played for phos his family is a close knit one and I'm sure will return to SA sooner or later

The thing about trading is you need to convince the player to actually want to go to the club that is why players with links to SA are being suggested no point in saying broomy if he doesn't want to live here also if broomy can't make your team how do you think he will go getting a gig at a team on top of the ladder

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maxie Maynard Glenelg premiership superstar

That may be true but there is a link, shaz for me holds more interest good Glenelg boy played for phos his family is a close knit one and I'm sure will return to SA sooner or later

The thing about trading is you need to convince the player to actually want to go to the club that is why players with links to SA are being suggested no point in saying broomy if he doesn't want to live here also if broomy can't make your team how do you think he will go getting a gig at a team on top of the ladder

Who says Broomhead doesn't want to live in SA? Of all our SA boys, Broomhead is the one who's been the most difficult to convince not to go home. He's not currently best 22, he's fringe. Has fought his way in to the 22 at times this year but yet to establish a spot, which isn't a great surprise given this is the first year he's had a clean run injury wise. Still not sure what makes you think Lever is worth pick 6 and a walk up best 22 player given he's yet to prove himself as an actual key position player.

As for Maynard, it's a tenuous link at best. His family and friends live in Vic, he grew up here, and from all reports enjoys playing for Collingwood, who rate him highly and have given him every opportunity to develop since arriving at the club. I doubt he'd have any desire to move to the Crows just because his dad played for a state league team.

Who says Broomhead doesn't want to live in SA? Of all our SA boys, Broomhead is the one who's been the most difficult to convince not to go home. He's not currently best 22, he's fringe. Has fought his way in to the 22 at times this year but yet to establish a spot, which isn't a great surprise given this is the first year he's had a clean run injury wise. Still not sure what makes you think Lever is worth pick 6 and a walk up best 22 player given he's yet to prove himself as an actual key position player.

As for Maynard, it's a tenuous link at best. His family and friends live in Vic, he grew up here, and from all reports enjoys playing for Collingwood, who rate him highly and have given him every opportunity to develop since arriving at the club. I doubt he'd have any desire to move to the Crows just because his dad played for a state league team.

So shaz is our man it effectively becomes a 1st and a 2/3 rd pick seems fair and he won't take convincing

Broomy wouldn't stand a bulls roar of getting in our team so he won't want to come her for opportunity and TBH wouldn't want him

So shaz is our man it effectively becomes a 1st and a 2/3 rd pick seems fair and he won't take convincing

Broomy wouldn't stand a bulls roar of getting in our team so he won't want to come her for opportunity and TBH wouldn't want him

You need to convince Collingwood that it's a good deal before even thinking about convincing Matt, and I can guarantee that Collingwood value a contracted Matthew Scharenberg much higher than a late second or early 3rd pick. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Lever is already a better player then Howe.
6 years younger.
No he ain't
Has been touted as the next Crow's captain so has leadership skills. (Remember it isn't all on field it's a business)
Lever is 5cm taller.
Takes 1.4 more intercept possessions per game
And has 1.2 less turn overs per game.
Footy isn't played on stat sheets, Howe is better.
I'm sorry but Howe has made one all Australian squad of 40 and he is 27. Lever is 21 and has already been there.
Lever has played more finals!.
Irrelevant
Youse are just pissed because you guys get r*ped at the trade table everytime!
Wrong. The reason we're not in the bottom four is because we have a very good record at the trade table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious question for Pies fans, where do you see scharenberg fitting in if you add Lever?

Howe, Lever and Scharenberg seems too much of the similar type to me.
I would hope they look at moving him in to the midfield. He's evasive enough in traffic, smart enough with ball in hand and is capable of getting enough of the ball that he can move in there and actually be less exposed for his lack of pace than he is in defence.

He hasn't had much opportunity to show it yet at senior level, but in the VFL he has that Pendleburyesque kind of ability to make slight feints and get opposition players around him to fall over themselves rather than tackling him. If he can translate that to AFL level he could be extremely good going through the middle.

Serious question for Pies fans, where do you see scharenberg fitting in if you add Lever?

Howe, Lever and Scharenberg seems too much of the similar type to me.

You would think Collingwood know this and I may be speculating but it took Buckley a very very long time to give Shaz a crack, its almost as though Buckley isnt a huge fan, I would agree Shaz isnt a better player than Howe so bringing Lever in will cost Shaz his spot he has never played in teh mid, collingwood have a reasoabe midfield unlikely he will play there

You would think Collingwood know this and I may be speculating but it took Buckley a very very long time to give Shaz a crack, its almost as though Buckley isnt a huge fan, I would agree Shaz isnt a better player than Howe so bringing Lever in will cost Shaz his spot he has never played in teh mid, collingwood have a reasoabe midfield unlikely he will play there
He's coming off 2 knee recos. You don't think that the club was possibly giving him time to become more comfortable and confident in his body before throwing him in to senior footy?

You're really clutching at straws here.

Your side could use him now thats for sure. Pity he hated Bucks.
Could we? Fairly sure we already have our quota of flaky HBF/wingers who can kick but are allergic to contests.

given your club is prepared to pay a monumental contract for him pretty much makes this argument mute.

given your club is prepared to pay a monumental contract for him pretty much makes this argument mute.
Dion Prestia - $750k last year to Richmond. 20% increase with the new CBA = $900k. Trade price - pick 6.

The argument about contract $$ is stupid. Every player has a different trade value and contract $$ is only a part of the equation. Just stop it.

Lever to Collingwood the worst kept secret in AFL football.

No, it's down to us or the Hawks.

Old mate Waldron thinks Pies out of the race. From what I read I'm not sure if that was his opinion or he had some intel. Also thought dogs rate themselves a chance despite media reports.

Backtracking already after it was a 'lock'.

Old mate Waldron thinks Pies out of the race. From what I read I'm not sure if that was his opinion or he had some intel. Also thought dogs rate themselves a chance despite media reports.
Interesting - I still reckon irrespective if Jake does/doesn't nominate a club (as well as Dees and Pies) Dogs, Saints, Bombers and Hawks will all have a crack come trade week - why wouldn't you as Jake will be a marquee player for years to come. Easily worth a pick 6-10 + 2nd rounder/decent player.

No he ain't
Footy isn't played on stat sheets, Howe is better.
Irrelevant
Wrong. The reason we're not in the bottom four is because we have a very good record at the trade table.

Sorry mate, I like Howe but Lever is a better footballer. Not only that, but the more the years go on he'll become even more of a better footballer than Howe.

Also, Collingwood have a good record at the trade table because you get a lot of ex-supporters and players come cheaply that way. Even with a good record of getting the players you go after, you have a decent record of getting players who don't really do much. Take a look at Varcoe, Aish, Mayne, Greenwood. You got Adams cheap because GWS didn't mind losing him, Crisp came good very unexpectedly and you paid way overs for Treloar. Even with being gifted players like WHE for nothing, Collingwood have still managed to perform worse every year.

That isn't a good record.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jake Lever [traded to Melbourne]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back