Traded Jake Lever [traded to Melbourne]

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn can actually offer their 2018 first round pick so they've got some trade value there and they would at least offer that up as part of their trade negotiations if Lever nominates them. You won't be getting Burton. Same with Collingwood, if Lever nominates them, you won't be getting their first round pick as well as Scharenberg as some of your posters have suggested.

Don't worry we know burton wouldn't be on the table as for shaz he's worth a 2nd if not 3rd so wouldn't be so certain and especially if you think of the connection with SA

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don't worry we know burton wouldn't be on the table as for shaz he's worth a 2nd if not 3rd so wouldn't be so certain and especially if you think of the connection with SA

The thing is Scharenberg has shown some really promising form in the 2nd half of the season. He's going to be a quality player providing he stays injury free. His kicking and intercept marking is quality. His value will increase next year and I think he will have a breakout year and become an important part of Collingwood's side. I can see why you guys would want him and I'd at least ask the question to Collingwood but I doubt he would be part of the deal unless he asks for a trade to Adelaide.

The thing is Scharenberg has shown some really promising form in the 2nd half of the season. He's going to be a quality player providing he stays injury free. His kicking and intercept marking is quality. His value will increase next year and I think he will have a breakout year and become an important part of Collingwood's side. I can see why you guys would want him and I'd at least ask the question to Collingwood but I doubt he would be part of the deal unless he asks for a trade to Adelaide.

And that's the problem, drafted in 2013 and has only been able to play 4 games to this point in time.

At this stage he's nothing but injury ravaged potential.

He has an extremely close knit family here in Adelaide

And that's the problem, drafted in 2013 and has only been able to play 4 games to this point in time.

I think you're looking at the amount of games he played before the 2017 season, he played another 10 this year including the last 5 this season and he looked like he belonged. It's encouraging he played the majority of the 2nd half of the season. I think he will be a long-term player although I still have a little question mark on his durability.

I think you're looking at the amount of games he played before the 2017 season, he played another 10 this year including the last 5 this season and he looked like he belonged. It's encouraging he played the majority of the 2nd half of the season. I think he will be a long-term player although I still have a little question mark on his durability.

You are correct the stats I was looking didn't include this year, however with the nature of his injuries and the amount of time it's taken him to get to 14 games his value to Collingwood is going to far outweigh his value to other clubs.

For whatever reason if he did want a trade then I don't think Collingwood would be expecting big offers heading their way.

You are correct the stats I was looking didn't include this year, however with the nature of his injuries and the amount of time it's taken him to get to 14 games his value to Collingwood is going to far outweigh his value to other clubs.

For whatever reason if he did want a trade then I don't think Collingwood would be expecting big offers heading their way.
Yeah agree his current trade value wouldn't be too high with the factors you've mentioned. I found it encouraging he worked himself back into the side in the 2nd half of this year and showing some good form. Whether he can stay injury free is the question mark though. It would only take another ACL injury or another significant injury for me to seriously doubt his prospects of having a long-term career. I think from what he showed in the back half of this year is that he will be a quality player so there's no issue there, it's just his durability.

He played 10 senior games this year and every week for the entire year. Go look at his numbers, they're nearly on par with Lever already. The reason Adelaide fans want him so badly is because they know he'd walk straight in to Levers role. They essentially want a guy who's on track to be Levers equal within 12 months in addition to pick 6. It's stupid overs.

Would love Lever at Collingwood. He is 21 and as much as you can be certain about these things is going to be a long term star KPB. They don't grow on trees. Would swap pick 6 in a heartbeat as it's highly unlikely you snare that sort of quality at pick 6. Don't think that will be enough though. Happy if it is.

Shaz plus 6 is a conundrum. If we get Lever Shaz may struggle to play in the 22 currently being behind Howe, Goldy and Langdon. Add Lever and he may be back to the VFL. No Lever and he plays AFL and his value can easily have risen by the end of 2018.

As it stands Lever for

Pick 6 only and Collingwood win
Pick 6 and Shaz could be a win win but Adelaide may end up well in front
Pick 6 and Shaz for Lever and maybe a 3rd, approx pick 50, could be about right or involve a 3 rd party.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He played 10 senior games this year and every week for the entire year. Go look at his numbers, they're nearly on par with Lever already. The reason Adelaide fans want him so badly is because they know he'd walk straight in to Levers role. They essentially want a guy who's on track to be Levers equal within 12 months in addition to pick 6. It's stupid overs.

Take off the black and white glasses, on track to be Lever's equal in 12 months? As if Lever is done improving, there's nothing to suggest that he's going to be better than or get to the current level Lever is at except your guesswork.

Take off the black and white glasses, on track to be Lever's equal in 12 months? As if Lever is done improving, there's nothing to suggest that he's going to be better than or get to the current level Lever is at except your guesswork.
Nothing to suggest it? Apart from the fact he's been able to almost match, and in some cases exceed Levers numbers in the space of 10 games this year?

Yeah ok. There's 'nothing' to suggest he can he can be better than or exceed Levers current level....

Yet you're suggesting pick 6 and a player that would walk straight in to your 22. The stupidity of that is mind boggling.
Of course it isn't .

Lever had proven he's in the top three from his draft year. You can't just offer pick six - it's a worse draft year, there's more risk with the selection and it's lower than what he's proven he's worth.

It is 6 and a player that will play for us. We don't need list cloggers.

Duryea,Sicily,Brand,Heatherly,2nd round next year,there are a few options and it is hawthorn yeh.If I had a guess I'd say Sicily plus next years 2nd rounder.
Don't think that would be near enough. You need to give up something pretty good for Lever.

Of course it isn't .

Lever had proven he's in the top three from his draft year. You can't just offer pick six - it's a worse draft year, there's more risk with the selection and it's lower than what he's proven he's worth.

It is 6 and a player that will play for us. We don't need list cloggers.
I'm going to laugh so hard if you guys walk away with a single first.

Nothing to suggest it? Apart from the fact he's been able to almost match, and in some cases exceed Levers numbers in the space of 10 games this year?

Yeah ok. There's 'nothing' to suggest he can he can be better than or exceed Levers current level....

Scharenberg doesn't hold a candle to Lever. You're seeing something that is not there. Scharenbergs ceiling is not high. His athletic attributes will not allow for it in a league like this one.

Lever is a tough and courageous leader, Scharenberg is really questionable in areas like tackling and the hard ball on the ground.

My prediction is that this thread will be laughable in 2-3 years. He is absolute quality, Lever. Won't be at Collingwood though, reckon it will be Melbourne.

If Adelaide were OK with 6 and Scharenberg, I would take it and run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jake Lever [traded to Melbourne]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back