Speculation Jake Waterman trade value?

Remove this Banner Ad

If Saad was pick 8 or whatever then Waterman is that and more, no?

Rankine went for 5 so maybe that is overs (my mistake) but I think a top 10 is very fair for a clearly talented bloke

He’s playing as the spearhead in a side with Allen - and Allen for mine is a blue chip forward

Top 5 pick for Waterman! Is everyone here talking about the same player?
That would be wild, he’s 26 and this will be the first season he’s kicked over 40 goals.
The Crows literally offered the Dees 2 first round picks for Petty of all players last year.

Wouldnt be that wild tbh, some might be desperate

I would offer a pick between 20 and 25 otherwise why bother.

Harrison Petty (when fit) is a better player.
Harrison Petty is a backman and looking at his goal kicking when playing forward it is rubbish.
You can't compere a backman with a forward.
Waterman is a lot better kick for goal

Pretty sure this thread is specifically for discussing his trade value. Eagles supporters think a top 5-6 pick. I don’t think anyone with a first round pick currently would do it.

Which of those clubs are trading which of those picks for him?
I genuinely can’t imagine any of these picks being traded for him.

View attachment 2049057

Youre either trolling or just have NFI.

The Dees were offered 2 first round picks for Harrison Petty last year. The Pies paid their F1 for Schulz. Liam Henry went for a 2nd round pick. Ratugolea went for essentially pick 25.

All of those trades from last year dictate that Waterman is easily worth a good first rounder. EASILY.

Plenty of clubs need a KPF. At least 5 clubs there need a KPF either to lead their fwd lines or to help their struggling KPF(Max King at the Saints for example).

The Dees were offered 2 first round picks for Harrison Petty last year. The Pies paid their F1 for Schulz. Liam Henry went for a 2nd round pick. Ratugolea went for essentially pick 25.

All of those trades from last year dictate that Waterman is easily worth a good first rounder. EASILY.

Plenty of clubs need a KPF. At least 5 clubs there need a KPF either to lead their fwd lines or to help their struggling KPF(Max King at the Saints for example).

Ok, so should be easy for you then, which clubs and which picks in that list for Waterman?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, so should be easy for you then, which clubs and which picks in that list for Waterman?
Just go through the teams yourself, all the ones that dont have 2 actual AFL level KPFs will be interested.

Whether they have the correct pick(s) currently is irrelevant, they can make it happen if they want it enough.

Just go through the teams yourself, all the ones that dont have 2 actual AFL level KPFs will be interested.

Whether they have the correct pick(s) currently is irrelevant, they can make it happen if they want it enough.

Tigers, Roos and Saints aren’t trading out of their picks, so put a line through a first from them. The declining Dees rolling the dice with pick 11 for 5 years of Jake Waterman? Seems highly unlikely. I just don’t see it.

Tigers, Roos and Saints aren’t trading out of their picks, so put a line through a first from them. The declining Dees rolling the dice with pick 11 for 5 years of Jake Waterman? Seems highly unlikely. I just don’t see it.
Youre looking too much at the picks they currently have, not what can be done if they were interested

Why wouldnt North try to split their pick? Theyve got enough top end mids, and with Comben playing well they have ok KPD stocks.
Their biggest need is probably a KPF to partner with Larkey. If they try to draft one itll be years before theyre ready.

Tigers and Saints are unlikely, theyre desperate for elite draft talent.
If however things happen as theyre projected and they trade out or lose some players to FA, theyll have a way to get suitable picks if they wanted to do a trade without compromising their first pick.

The Dees might not go down that path, but if thats the case then theyre are conceding they wont win anything with May and Gawn, and will need to go through a rebuild of sorts.
If they could recruit Waterman and an average ruckman who is floating around they could extend their window. Petty to cover May and Waterman to be their KPF alongside JVR.
Considering they have a decent bunch of kids coming through as it is they might take a punt on more success.

Hawthorn are there too, they just lost Mitch Lewis to yet another long term injury, theyve got Chol who is their chop out ruck, and Dear who is a first year player covering their KPF spots atm. They could easily be in the market if they knew Waterman was up for grabs.

Collingwood are the other one who need a KPF, they have next to nothing to trade with though. If they can find something then im sure theyd be in the market too, they might need a KPD first though.

Youre looking too much at the picks they currently have, not what can be done if they were interested

Why wouldnt North try to split their pick? Theyve got enough top end mids, and with Comben playing well they have ok KPD stocks.
Their biggest need is probably a KPF to partner with Larkey. If they try to draft one itll be years before theyre ready.

Tigers and Saints are unlikely, theyre desperate for elite draft talent.
If however things happen as theyre projected and they trade out or lose some players to FA, theyll have a way to get suitable picks if they wanted to do a trade without compromising their first pick.

The Dees might not go down that path, but if thats the case then theyre are conceding they wont win anything with May and Gawn, and will need to go through a rebuild of sorts.
If they could recruit Waterman and an average ruckman who is floating around they could extend their window. Petty to cover May and Waterman to be their KPF alongside JVR.
Considering they have a decent bunch of kids coming through as it is they might take a punt on more success.

Hawthorn are there too, they just lost Mitch Lewis to yet another long term injury, theyve got Chol who is their chop out ruck, and Dear who is a first year player covering their KPF spots atm. They could easily be in the market if they knew Waterman was up for grabs.

Collingwood are the other one who need a KPF, they have next to nothing to trade with though. If they can find something then im sure theyd be in the market too, they might need a KPD first though.

The Roos and Hawks would have to trade down, but if they split their picks I feel like they’d both still want to use a higher pick on young talent. Collingwood have an F1 but I don’t see them doing that again. Melbourne would be the best candidate given their needs but they appear to be regenerating their list and trading out of 11 would seem out of step.

The Roos and Hawks would have to trade down, but if they split their picks I feel like they’d both still want to use a higher pick on young talent. Collingwood have an F1 but I don’t see them doing that again. Melbourne would be the best candidate given their needs but they appear to be regenerating their list and trading out of 11 would seem out of step.
I think you just dont want to see it :sweatsmile:

KPFs who can be top 5 in the coleman despite playing 2 games less than everybody around them, while also playing in a bottom 3 team dont come on the market too often. Waterman is 3rd for average goals per game. Imagine if he played in a good team with some of the service Curnow or Hogan get?

Imagine if Larkey was available last year? Would have been some insane offers
What about if Oscar Allen was on the market last year after really only 1 year as the main guy? top 5 picks would have been on the table

Why cant Waterman be in the same category?

He might not want to go anywhere but guarantee clubs will be after him

Fun fact that isnt really relevant: Larkey, Waterman and Lewis were all in the same draft, within a few picks of each other in the 70s

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jake Waterman trade value?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back