Traded James Aish [traded to Collingwood for #26 and St Kilda's 2016 second round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Got a reason why he wouldn't? Kicked 19 goals this year. He won't be in the same side as Hawkins.
Got a reason why he would?
And correct he will not be in the same side as Hawkins. Average player + attracts number one defender + poor side(judging from this years performances)=average season

Chris Dawes goes to Melbourne. "Theres no Cloke at Melbourne", still shit.

19 goals as a second key forward in a team that only just missed the 8 isnt exactly impressive.

Sure we don't have a multi billion dollar training facility ( like Collingwood do) but we've had just as many player's developed at our team then you have at your team so don't get high and mighty like you're the best team in the AFL
Where is this billion dollar facility? I knew we were f***en loaded with cash, but I didn't realise it was that much. Get around us.

Where is this billion dollar facility? I knew we were f***en loaded with cash, but I didn't realise it was that much. Get around us.
It all adds up to a billion after we donate millions to the AFL who then give it to other poor clubs to build facilities ;) #MagpieAishO

Last edited:
Lions seriously comparing player development to Collingwood?

I've heard it all now.....

Nathan Freeman ;)

187336_e9d1a6041fbe7aa7c7ae5d44b2c57a1c.gif

Oh wait, Patrick Karnezis ;);)

Got a reason why he would?

Yeah. Several.

22 games for 30-40 goals is achievable for his talent.
Reasonable midfield of Beams, Rockliff, Hanley, Bastinac and Bell will feed it quite often into the forward line, especially against the poorer teams.
Will complement younger forwards such as Freeman and Close. Lions lacked a key target last year. Walker is quite a good mark and hopeully he can pull down a few this season.
Will have more opportunity instead of being behind the likes of James Podsiadly, Mitch Brown, Shane Kersten, Rhys Stanley and Mitch Clark, along with Hawkins, over the various stages of his career.
Chris Scott seems to think reasonably highly of him. “... I’m confident he’s going to be a very good AFL player.” and “....in my view, he is an AFL key forward,”

19 goals as a second key forward in a team that only just missed the 8 isnt exactly impressive.

So it'll be intriguing to see how he goes as the main key forward. The Lions are looking for him to be the key target and occasionally pinch-hit in the ruck. Whatever the case he'll be a better key forward than Matthew Leuenberger was.

I honestly couldn't think of one elite player to come out of Brisbane in the last 5-10 years. Rockliff? Compare that to Collingwood. Off the top of my head -Pendlebury, Swan and Cloke.

Okay, Rockliff and Martin. Hanley near there but injuries have been cruel the last year and a bit. Cloke is not elite.

FWIW Walker is essentially there to take the pressure off Freeman and McStay. Can't have them taking the best defenders week in week out while they are 20.

And then the next part of the circle is you guys being a rabble for the next decade. Sounds like fun let's do it
Sure, lets! Another premiership will be great thanks. A couple every fifteen years, I reckon most people would take it.

Collingwood have been a rabble for over 50 years. 2 flags, count them, 2, in over 50 years. For most of that time, you guys only had to beat 11 other teams. We won more than that in a row. Geez, the Hawks have won more than that in the last 3 years, against 17 other teams. You guys have rabble cornered, despite the massive financial and geographical advantages bestowed upon your club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

8 touches 0 goals in the game before...

12 touches 1 goal in the game before that, 9 touches 0 goals in the game before that, 15 touches 5 goals in the game before that and so on and so on. 16 games, 19 goals. Also had a good game against the Bulldogs with 18 disposals and a goal (spent a bit of time in the ruck) and also had a good game against the Suns, early on with 4 goals from 7 kicks.

So 16 games, 19 goals. On that average, 22 games next year he'll kick 25 goals.

As I said originally, if Walker plays 22 games, between 30-40 goals is achievable. He'll get plenty of opportunity to do so.

Sure, lets! Another premiership will be great thanks. A couple every fifteen years, I reckon most people would take it.

Collingwood have been a rabble for over 50 years. 2 flags, count them, 2, in over 50 years. For most of that time, you guys only had to beat 11 other teams. We won more than that in a row. Geez, the Hawks have won more than that in the last 3 years, against 17 other teams. You guys have rabble cornered, despite the massive financial and geographical advantages bestowed upon your club.
Im curious what financial advantages we have been given, and how our geography is anytjing more than blind luck?

Im curious what financial advantages we have been given, and how our geography is anytjing more than blind luck?
Sure it is blind luck, and you should be a lot more dominant that you are. Being in a football state, home ground MCG, getting more than the fair share of the best fixturing. Under achievers.

So I came in here thinking I'd be reading a discussion about Aish. Turns out this thread has descended in to a dick measuring contest.

Why am I not surprised....

Keep it open long enough and it'll become a sniping thread as well.

Sure it is blind luck, and you should be a lot more dominant that you are. Being in a football state, home ground MCG, getting more than the fair share of the best fixturing. Under achievers.
Need to stop eating that case of lemons every day. Your sourness levels have reached dangerous proportions. Main reason Brisbane were gifted their 3 flags was the massive financial advantage they were handed over most other clubs, that being the living away from home allowance, and being propped up by the other clubs.

Unfortunately for you guys it's a bit more of a level playing field these days. You may have to prepare yourselves for a decade of cellar dwelling and irrelevance.

2021 Grand Final, Collingwood vs Brisbane.

Leppa tells the runner to tell Bastinac to go stand in front of Walker.
The move is made, and almost immediately, Walker provides the contest, brings the ball to ground, and Bastinac scoops it up and scores a goal, Brisbane up by 10 with minutes to go. The last few minutes are an arm wrestle, but Brisbane hold on to win!

Aish has played a superb game, and despite the controversy that perhaps it should have been Zorko, Aish is awarded the Norm Smith medal. He collects it, and takes it off, sobbing. Buckley consoles him, and says, "I know, right?" He is yet to realise that there will be no future opportunities....

That would complete the full circle.

You mean Basto and Walko.

How hypocritical are most of the Lions fans on their own threads especially , but even here.
They loved Aish i remember a week or 2 before the trade period were it looked like he may stay they were calling him a gun!
Now i have read posts from lions fans such as
1. "He will only be a average foot soldier"
2"Lucky we traded him" comparing him to Carlton players 3."he will just be a poor mans Gibbs" 4" He will only be a poor mans Murphy"
Soon the spitefull Lions fans will call him a poor mans Vojo-Rainbow!
The bottom line Lions fans, Aish will come back and bite you in the arse! Its a fact! You will have nightmares and spewing in regards to him wanting to go to the Pies.
However if you let him go in the PSD you would have looked like idiots , at least now you got acadamy points for next year and we helped you get Basinac.

Also just to add to my previous comments The lions fans were saying after getting Beams and Christienson.
"We are a destination club"
"None of our kids want to go to Collingwood"
Lol bull frigen shit! We know for a fact now at least a few including Aish put there hand up to be part of the Beams deal. But were cut down by lions management becouse they were under contract.
So they thought they would put one on us by giving us Crisp! Lol

So because we are in Victoria (Which the majority of teams are), have the MCG as a home ground (which the majority of teams do), get the way of the fixture (just a lie, more often than not we dont actually)? And define unde achieving? Arent we over achieving given our apparent lack of success vs how popular we are as a club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded James Aish [traded to Collingwood for #26 and St Kilda's 2016 second round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back