Traded James Aish [traded to Collingwood for #26 and St Kilda's 2016 second round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

You're confirming his point that Crisp was already breaking out before going to Collingwood and not much changed, and Karnezis was not breaking out before going to Collingwood and not much changed.

So then what you say about Aish then? He had a Big 1st Season the a Disappointing 2nd Season?

We had something like that with Brody Grundy where he had good finish to his 1st season and looked really good then had a Poor 2nd Season. Then come good in his 3rd.

So Aish would be Capable of doing that too

isn't this thread done and dusted now? p1ssing contests are surely over.
nevah-thumb.jpg

I personally don't think he'll become elite, but he'll be a consistent contributor for Collingwood, and you need those type of players (like Shiels at Hawthorn). For me, De Goey is the one that could be elite. Thought he had as good a year as Brayshaw without the plaudits.
De Goey is nowhere near as good on the outside as Brayshaw but he is a fantastic clearance player. Arguably the best on our list already.

So then what you say about Aish then? He had a Big 1st Season the a Disappointing 2nd Season?

We had something like that with Brody Grundy where he had good finish to his 1st season and looked really good then had a Poor 2nd Season. Then come good in his 3rd.

So Aish would be Capable of doing that too
2nd year blues isn't a new concept. I see no reason that Aish couldn't be a quality player.

That's odd. It seemed you wanted James Aish to stay at Brisbane for the past twelve months. Below are just a few examples. What's changed?You certainly didn't want James Aish to be part of the Dayne Beams deal. Why if you feel he doesn't have any heart?Here you seem to be refusing the reality that James Aish wanted to go to Collingwood, even though you consider him to lack heart. Again you seemed very keen to keep him.It seems you were very keen quite recently to keep James Aish despite his lack of heart. What's changed? Let me guess...the colour of his footy jumper has changed, so now he instantly lacks a heart. Am I right?
Very well played! Must have been hell trawling through his/her history but well worth it. Cheers to you.

2021 Grand Final, Collingwood vs Brisbane.

Leppa tells the runner to tell Bastinac to go stand in front of Walker.
The move is made, and almost immediately, Walker provides the contest, brings the ball to ground, and Bastinac scoops it up and scores a goal, Brisbane up by 10 with minutes to go. The last few minutes are an arm wrestle, but Brisbane hold on to win!

Aish has played a superb game, and despite the controversy that perhaps it should have been Zorko, Aish is awarded the Norm Smith medal. He collects it, and takes it off, sobbing. Buckley consoles him, and says, "I know, right?" He is yet to realise that there will be no future opportunities....

That would complete the full circle.

Just another bloke that collingwood have been linked to that they wont get.

The OP has stated that Aish wants to come BACK to Victoria. he is from Adelaide and will be playing fro the crows next year.

do some research before you post shit threads
Truly like worthy post....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The move is made, and almost immediately, Walker provides the contest, brings the ball to ground, and Bastinac scoops it up and scores a goal, Brisbane up by 10 with minutes to go. The last few minutes are an arm wrestle, but Brisbane hold on to win!

Aish has played a superb game, and despite the controversy that perhaps it should have been Zorko, Aish is awarded the Norm Smith medal. He collects it, and takes it off, sobbing. Buckley consoles him, and says, "I know, right?" He is yet to realise that there will be no future opportunities....

Typing in your sleep is a talent worth marketing. Good luck with it.

Who's Walker?

.... You don't mean Josh.. Surely?

A Brisbane poster lecturing Collingwood posters about "moving on" after suggesting a poll on Josh Walker in the thread of former Brisbane Lions player James Aish :confused:

After a certain Collingwood supporter criticized Brisbane's draft and trading strategy, including the recruitment of Josh Walker. The discussion on Josh Walker kicked off from there.

See post #7630 from here

Last edited:
Jesse White played 18 matches this year, and kicked a career high 27 goals, with a SuperCoach average of 68. He was a scapegoat, and stiff to be dropped for four matches, but kicked a further 9 goals in VFL. His last two seasons were his career best, and has been serviceable.

Josh Walker played 16 matches this year, and kicked 19 goals, with a SuperCoach average of only 53. He will only be 23 years old when next season begins though, but he still has a fair way to go to reach the "heights" of Jesse White.

Jesse White will be 28 and has played 107 matches in eight seasons for 120 goals. As you say at the start of next season Josh Walker will be 23 and to date has played 33 games in four seasons for 35 goals. There's a reasonable chance that Walker could equal and perhaps even exceed White's record by the time he's 28. Walker will be the focal point for the Lions next year and hopefully kick somewhere between 30-40 goals.

Let's compare notes at the end of 2016. Maybe Walker will have 55 games and 60-70 goals under his belt by then.

Whatever the case, barring injury, Walker will be lining up for the Lions senior team in Round 1 of next season.

Last edited:
Lions seriously comparing player development to Collingwood?

I've heard it all now.....
Sure we don't have a multi billion dollar training facility ( like Collingwood do) but we've had just as many player's developed at our team then you have at your team so don't get high and mighty like you're the best team in the AFL

Sure we don't have a multi billion dollar training facility ( like Collingwood do) but we've had just as many player's developed at our team then you have at your team so don't get high and mighty like you're the best team in the AFL
I honestly couldn't think of one elite player to come out of Brisbane in the last 5-10 years. Rockliff? Compare that to Collingwood. Off the top of my head -Pendlebury, Swan and Cloke.

I honestly couldn't think of one elite player to come out of Brisbane in the last 5-10 years. Rockliff? Compare that to Collingwood. Off the top of my head -Pendlebury, Swan and Cloke.
Rockliff is elite, Hanley is not in top bracket but is seriously good, Martin even tho he did show it at Melbourne at times. I personally really rate zorko although not in elite category. Can't think of any others. So in terms of absolute elite Rockliff would be it but 3-5 seriously good players.

You forgot to compain about our youth academy as well

And then the next part of the circle is you guys being a rabble for the next decade. Sounds like fun let's do it

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded James Aish [traded to Collingwood for #26 and St Kilda's 2016 second round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back