Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

We're not losing Aish, we're keeping Grundy

*chants rhythmically*

I'm a fan of Aishy.
That said, I can't see anything wrong with what's transpired.
Longmuir would know he has one year to go and approached him with a longer term deal.
His Manager sought some comfort and we couldn't give it.
Aishy thought about his options and decided to take the deal.
All power to him and I wish him well.

I'm a fan of Aishy.
Longmuir would know he has one year to go and approached him with a longer term deal.

There's a reason your mob were top of my best oppo supporters ladder recently.

I'm a fan of Aishy.

Helps that Longmiure being at Collingwood and knowing the Situation we where in and Took Advantage of it

So, after all that, we finally agree, it was his decision to leave

See, we got there in the end

Yes but was the Clubs Fault he is in this Situations that he did not want in the 1st Place

Yes but was the Clubs Fault he is in this Situations that he did not want in the 1st Place

That’s footy. Players need to secure their future and footy clubs have a duty to members to put themselves in the best possible position to win a premiership.
Last 2 years we have played off in a GF and a PF. Can’t complain with that. To stay up you need to change up your list and keep the most important at players.
This is a good result for Aish. He gets a long term contract most likely at good $$$ and plays under a coach who he knows well and who knows him well. It must feel good for Aish to know that Longmuir wanted him and was willing to sign him up for 3 years.

The Pies have done what we should expect them to do. I like Aish, but his injuries and his pace have been an issue.

That’s footy. Players need to secure their future and footy clubs have a duty to members to put themselves in the best possible position to win a premiership.
Last 2 years we have played off in a GF and a PF. Can’t complain with that. To stay up you need to change up your list and keep the most important at players.
This is a good result for Aish. He gets a long term contract most likely at good $$$ and plays under a coach who he knows well and who knows him well. It must feel good for Aish to know that Longmuir wanted him and was willing to sign him up for 3 years.

The Pies have done what we should expect them to do. I like Aish, but his injuries and his pace have been an issue.

I agree he be feeling good at Freo as has a Coach that has Backed Him In to be a Best 22 Player.

With Hill leaving there is a Spot on a Wing for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he means it's going to happen, by the deadline it is agreed it will happen, probably just sorting out minor details. Sorry mate.

Ned Guy said Aish has requested a Fremantle trade and he will make it happen.

Not IF Freo not pay up.

Does not have to go thru with it.

I agree it happens and Future Picks be Involved

If Ned had a press conference to say it will happen, it will happen. .01% chance it does not happen now.

They just arguing the price but they will agree on something.

Never say Never

Keep your cool a bit if it happens if you can but I know it will piss you off.

I just want to get an Answer either Way.

I am expecting the Trade to Happen but just hope its not for Nothing

I just want to get an Answer either Way.

I am expecting the Trade to Happen but just hope its not for Nothing

I think most of us want to make sure its for nothing - and Ned Guys comments suggest the club feel the same way.
The presumed salary cap pressure isn't really a factor until 12 months from now - there is nothing forcing us to push him out the door now. But trading now does make future decisions a bit clearer.

Now its about waiting to see what we can get in return. Im hoping for pick 22, but lets see. If its a 3rd rounder or lower, then i hope we say no (unless we do have serious cap pressure right now)

Like Dave I hope the Aish deal falls through
He was considered good enough to play in last year’s GF and this year he was brought back for the Prelim
despite limited preparation
He’s not a star but still has his best football ahead of him
I will be happy if he stays

I imagine the holdup here may be because we want the flexibility to live trade our future 1st to get another swing before Henry if he's not bid on before 12 - trading out any futures may prohibit this, so it could be something like one of our future 2nds for your future 3rd and future 4th. We don't have much late this year, guessing our 58 isn't enough, and we wouldn't be up for moving our 22.

I imagine the holdup here may be because we want the flexibility to live trade our future 1st to get another swing before Henry if he's not bid on before 12 - trading out any futures may prohibit this, so it could be something like one of our future 2nds for your future 3rd and future 4th. We don't have much late this year, guessing our 58 isn't enough, and we wouldn't be up for moving our 22.

Yeah they will be trying to find some middle ground between those 2 picks, something that equates to the value of about pick 30 would be fair I think. Pick 22 is a bit overs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back