James Clement the Forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeing we have so many young Backmen coming through... How about we give James Clement ago in the forward line, alongside Rocca?

Considering that he only played 75% last week for Williamstown, I think
the idea is to ease him over the next 2-3 weeks and have him
peaking come finals.

He'll probably start on the bench and go to the backline midway
through the 1st quarter with regular rests on the bench.

We're looking very tall and imbalanced this week.......
Somethings gonna give

There are a heap of young forwards too, can't really see what putting Clement down there will achieve. If the centres get some decent delivery and the smaller forwards can fire then that will be the solution to last week and the lowered effectiveness of the forward line in general this year. The effectiveness of the forward line last year was built around a consistent approach by the 'small' or non KP forwards, especially Didak, but also Buckley and Davis. Although you probably can teach an old dog new tricks there are enough new dogs down there to do the job. Can't really say the backs are that effective when they have just had a record bag kicked on them last week and Clement will be welcomed back.

I agree he will start on the bench and come on half way through the quarters for a run. He would be playing at williamstown this week if they didn't have the bye. Keep him in the backline don't mess with him trying to get him to play somewhere where he hasn't played for years. Remember Presti was a CHF when he was drafted and I don't see him playing up forward.

Whats the chance of Rhyce in and Wakes Out, just for a bit of balance

The only thing that stands in the way of this happening is a lack of fitness in Clement. If he was firing there would be no way that we would be so top heavy down back but I guess they may feel that he isn't up to too much tomorrow...

Alternatively if he can convince the coaching panel that he can perform to a reasonable level they may decide to replace Wakes for Shaw - I hope they do as Rhyce needs game time and there's obviously no Willi games this week.

Yeh, good point

Lets just say Presti takes Fev, or Clement takes Fev, they dont really have any more key position forwards, is Waite playing? if so he may even play down back.

Rhyce would slot into the team nicely

Nah I don't agree. James made his AA name down back and will give so much strength and experience down there I really can't see why MM would ever consider mixing it up running into the real business end of the season. It would be experiment of an unknown benefit. IMO James belongs down back and has proven time and time again we need him down there.

Welcome back James, we missed you.

I don't think we should put one of the best backs in the game up forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He did kick 5 against the Don's back in Freo. Look it up on youtube. I'd love to see him playing up forward. I sometimes do on the playstation haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

James Clement the Forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back