James Frawley

Remove this Banner Ad

He's had a very poor season. He also is a very iffy kick.

His disposal by foot is not that of an elite footballer.

Well he has been played as a key forward so there is a reason for that, lot of good key defenders are iffy kicks the Eagles have one of them who is a chance for AA this year in Mackenzie.

Another senior defender retiring from the Gold Coast at the end of this year only increases their chances of having a serious tilt at Frawley. Money seemingly not an issue.

Yes, I have. He along with Dawes, cost you the Port Adelaide game.
That doesn't mean that he has had a very poor season. Also there was at least one other incident involving Jetta taking advantage in last quarter that also hurt us. But I won't put the blame on him. Wouldn't say yhey cost us the game.

Is chasing cash. I don't want him to go but by the looks of it he's gone, but the fact that's he's chasing the dollars is good for us.

Not wanting to be a dick , but given that band compensation is related to contract offered as i understand it, ( and im happy to be corrected) does it hurt if he goes to Geelong for, as the Geelong way is, under market value? If Cats get him at 500k for 5 years, how does that effect your Comp Pick for him as opposed to say 6 years at 800k.

Trying to ascertain if the FA system has yet another hole in it…

Go Catters

Not wanting to be a dick , but given that band compensation is related to contract offered as i understand it, ( and im happy to be corrected) does it hurt if he goes to Geelong for, as the Geelong way is, under market value? If Cats get him at 500k for 5 years, how does that effect your Comp Pick for him as opposed to say 6 years at 800k.

Go Catters
That's not way unders and might still get us band 1 given the 5 years, but they do have a backup just in case the formula comes up with a pick that's way under:

"In applying the formula, an expert committee reviews the formula outcomes. The committee has the power to recommend alternative outcomes to GM – Football Operations where the formula produces a materially anomalous result."

That's not way unders and might still get us band 1 given the 5 years, but they do have a backup just in case the formula comes up with a pick that's way under:

"In applying the formula, an expert committee reviews the formula outcomes. The committee has the power to recommend alternative outcomes to GM – Football Operations where the formula produces a materially anomalous result."

Given Buddy went for pick 18 or whatever, it would have to be massive 'unders' for the committee to do anything. It'd be interesting to see if they ever do step in as it'll set a precedent similar to when they award the first priority pick under the new scheme.

Given Buddy went for pick 18 or whatever, it would have to be massive 'unders' for the committee to do anything. It'd be interesting to see if they ever do step in as it'll set a precedent similar to when they award the first priority pick under the new scheme.

I think they let it happen because the Hawks are in such a good position, I think they try to better compensate the struggling teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go Catters

Absolutely it affects it. His last contract with us was also front loaded which is why he's an unrestricted free agent.

It has massive holes in it but it's probably still minor compared to the many other things wrong with the AFL

Absolutely it affects it. His last contract with us was also front loaded which is why he's an unrestricted free agent.

It has massive holes in it but it's probably still minor compared to the many other things wrong with the AFL
No doubt they'll change that rule next year so that it's the average salary over their last contract...

They'd trade for him, not take him as a free agent.

Would melbourne be willing to give up something that makes it in Sydney's best interest?

depending on contract it's probably going to be somewhere in the 2nd round, so Melbourne would need to either give up a decent player or their 2nd round pick to make it work

Would melbourne be willing to give up something that makes it in Sydney's best interest?

depending on contract it's probably going to be somewhere in the 2nd round, so Melbourne would need to either give up a decent player or their 2nd round pick to make it work

Depends if Melbourne's third round pick is tied up with Billy Stretch or not, but their third round pick would only be a few picks off Sydney's second round pick (which the compensation would be tied to).

If Melbourne pay Malceski say $500 k per season, Sydney may get second round compensation. I doubt they will erode that when they have no need to.

Remove this Banner Ad

James Frawley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back