James Frawley

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe you should blink because outside of Harry Taylor, Frawley is better than all of them.

That's no slight on any of those guys though.

No way he is better than Reid, forward or back.

You are massively overrating Frawley. Compare Reid's foot skills, his move forward last year & his AA selection at CHB.

The other players are superior defenders.

No way he is better than Reid, forward or back.

You are massively overrating Frawley. Compare Reid's foot skills, his move forward last year & his AA selection at CHB.

The other players are superior defenders.

You are massively underrating Frawley, none of those guys (outside of Harry Taylor) are superior defenders than Frawley.

Great stopper. Good closing speed, but that's it? Even in Melbourne I'd have Garland and Dunn ahead of Frawley.

No way I'd have either of those close to Frawley, Chip has played almost the whole year as a forward (and has done pretty solidly, averaging 8 marks a game) - Chip is a great defender, hopefully we'll see him back there for us next year.

I think Frawley is getting a bad name around here due to the media's exaggerated price tag. He is a very good player back or forward.

He is a Good Player but he is not even close to being worth 800k

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if no one wants him, can we keep him?

He'll be handy for whoever has him on their list next year.

If an agreement is reached by now, and he blows his knee out in the last few rounds, then what happens?
I would say that the deal would then be off the table.
But yeah whoever gets him will have a very good player. They will probably overpay but that's free agency.

Maybe you should blink because outside of Harry Taylor, Frawley is better than all of them.

That's no slight on any of those guys though.

I'd have Talia, McKenzie and Thompson at the Dogs ahead of Frawley - not necessarily just on current output, but on longer term potential and the age profile of our list...

I think Talia has Frawley covered presently, while the other two could easily go past him next year. Frawley has been good in patches up front this year, but has regressed as a defender compared to previous years. Is the speculation getting to him ? Hard to say.

So if no one wants him, can we keep him?

He'll be handy for whoever has him on their list next year.

If an agreement is reached by now, and he blows his knee out in the last few rounds, then what happens?

He's gone so you won't have to worry about keeping him. As Buddy was gone and Clarko kept him from playing full forward to be ready for this year.So too has Roosy by shoving him into the forward line,to have next seasons backline ready.
The long term injury scenario is interseting though. You would think the new club looks after him still.

He's gone so you won't have to worry about keeping him. As Buddy was gone and Clarko kept him from playing full forward to be ready for this year.So too has Roosy by shoving him into the forward line,to have next seasons backline ready.
The long term injury scenario is interseting though. You would think the new club looks after him still.
I would think the supposed new club would walk away from an agreement depending on severity of the injury. They couldn't have signed a contract according to AFL rules. If they did they would be facing serious consequences. Player and club. Ni doubt there could be an agreement but I doubt it couldn't be backed out of.

He is a Good Player but he is not even close to being worth 800k
No hes not, but due to free agency we are going to see these insane offers thrown around alot more

No hes not, but due to free agency we are going to see these insane offers thrown around alot more

Paying overs only happens for 2 reasons:

1. player only wants to stay for money
2. you generally have to pay overs to get someone to move (no one will move for an extra 50k per year).

Is chasing cash. I don't want him to go but by the looks of it he's gone, but the fact that's he's chasing the dollars is good for us.

I don't think he is chasing the cash if its all about the money he would stay, i think the main reason he wants to play finals footy so he has to weigh up if he think melb is on the right track and can play final sooner rather than later, he knows if he goes that he would most likely play finals.

Paying overs only happens for 2 reasons:

1. player only wants to stay for money
2. you generally have to pay overs to get someone to move (no one will move for an extra 50k per year).
A free agency will get clubs paying way over the market value to get players to move

he may be, but untill he learns to kick properly and stops his brain fade's, he is no where near the 800k price tag & 7 year contract
Don't think anyone thinks he's worth that, but under FA you'd think he'll be offered a 4-5 year deal on ~600K/year.

Remove this Banner Ad

James Frawley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back