Recruiting James Hird Academy (Father/Son and Next Generation)

Remove this Banner Ad

can you comment on Jake Long's height JDC! seeing as you seem to have had first hand contact with him?

I remember seeing footage of him from last year ish and he looked to be a bit taller than average in a side stacked with short blokes, and is 'officially' listed in some parts at 176, but a guy on bomberblitz who lives in the top end reckons he's a touch taller than that, and then the notoriously unreliable Paige Cardona goes out and apparently says he's 189 :)eek:)...thoughts?

Jake is definitely taller than 176cm but I don't think he'd be 189cm. If I were to take a rough guess I'd say he's about 185cm or so but could be a tad taller.

Jake is definitely taller than 176cm but I don't think he'd be 189cm. If I were to take a rough guess I'd say he's about 185cm or so but could be a tad taller.

Really hope we pick him up then, not that I didn't before this.

Cheers for the confirmation

Great news if we have 3 F/S's eligible next year! Hopefully we get some real steals next year to offset our draft sanctions a bit. Although if we got another highly rated player like JD before and after our draft sanctions through F/S picks. The rage from opposition supporters would be hilarious, as a few people have already sooked to me about getting JD as pick 10 since we 'cheated' in 2012.

What does everybody think the chances are for the hird boys to be draftedto Essendon?

I would say that they would have to be at least an 80% chance as long as they stay injury free. They have the genes, the experienced mentors, and by all accounts the desire to play for Essendon. Really exciting times ahead for all Essendon supporters. I love seeing the names I supported as a child still wearing the red and black

Bit of a year in review for the James Hird Academy can be found here;

Good to see Jett Bewick has received those astounding good looks from his old man :p

Check out the around the grounds section. Template: "Player X had an up and down year/horrendous year due to injury". Doesn't bode well for the future

What does everybody think the chances are for the hird boys to be draftedto Essendon?

I would say that they would have to be at least an 80% chance as long as they stay injury free. They have the genes, the experienced mentors, and by all accounts the desire to play for Essendon. Really exciting times ahead for all Essendon supporters. I love seeing the names I supported as a child still wearing the red and black

Do they have the talent though? I would hardly want them to be drafted if all they have is the genes, mentors and desire to play for Essendon.

... AND is there any fallout because of Dean Wallis leaving the club? I'd love to know either way if there is any animosity between club/coach/dad. Silence about the issue suggests not, but it'd be great to know for sure.

Remember that the usual caution from the bidding club will still apply, there is no greater incentive for another club to bid.

I very much doubt that there will be a lot of third round bidding on father son prospects from other clubs because at that point you've applied a lot of filters to consider a player as someone worth drafting. Him being a prospective father-son recruit would be one of those filters (with the danger of a club swap seemingly higher than ever).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A you g Daniher is also a possibility to for this year though most of the attention will surround Wallis no doubt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The young Daniher played last night. Whether he did anything or not is beyond me, along with Wallis

The young Daniher played last night. Whether he did anything or not is beyond me, along with Wallis

Neither were named in the best. Wallis did manage to get 21 touches, but had 9 ineffective kicks apparently. Daniher only managed a couple of possessions coming off the bench, according to the website. Given he's had a few injuries and it was his first game, I'd suggest he was probably a bit raw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting James Hird Academy (Father/Son and Next Generation)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back