Recruiting James Hird Academy (Father/Son and Next Generation)

Remove this Banner Ad

"However a nugget could await in the 2015 draft, with tall midfielder Tom Wallis already earning comparisons to a young Scott Pendlebury.

Wallis, 16, kicked three goals for the Doutta Stars seniors this week and is a fast, elusive midfielder."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...in-2013-and-2014/story-fngeflq8-1226706093372

Nice one Herald Sun. Compare him to Pendles then suggest he is a fast and elsuive midfielder. That is not a Pendles description. Would love to know what he's actually like. Has anyone seen his two TAC cup games so far this year? What role is he playing there?

The TAC Cup record has him at 182cm and 70kg. Hopefully by 2016 that's more like 188cm and 82 kgs which would make him ready to go!

I enjoy wading through the various leagues across Metro Melbourne and often look at the Aberfeldie & EDFL results.

Good to see one Darcy Daniher back out and playing again for the Abbers. 8 goals from 3 games :thumbsu:

Loved Darcy. Such a shame his body never allowed him a decent run at it. I can remember him dominating the VFL in his first season at Essendon, playing the swingman role. Would hold the fort a CHB during the first half then go forward and kick bags of goals after half time (obviously not every week!). Would be handy in our current forward line / back line predicament!

Nice one Herald Sun. Compare him to Pendles then suggest he is a fast and elsuive midfielder. That is not a Pendles description. Would love to know what he's actually like. Has anyone seen his two TAC cup games so far this year? What role is he playing there?

The TAC Cup record has him at 182cm and 70kg. Hopefully by 2016 that's more like 188cm and 82 kgs which would make him ready to go!

There's more to Pendlebury than being slow. Slow is one such attribute to describe Pendles but so is quick decision-maker, exceptional awareness, elusive, excellent skills etc.

There's more to Pendlebury than being slow. Slow is one such attribute to describe Pendles but so is quick decision-maker, exceptional awareness, elusive, excellent skills etc.

Pendlebury is a gun, and if young Wallis is anything of that ilk, then I'll be a very happy camper. However, to describe Wallis as a "fast, elusive midfielder" or a greyhound suggests he is different to Pendles. I'm just trying to find out what sort of player Wallis is / will be.

"However a nugget could await in the 2015 draft, with tall midfielder Tom Wallis already earning comparisons to a young Scott Pendlebury.

Wallis, 16, kicked three goals for the Doutta Stars seniors this week and is a fast, elusive midfielder."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...in-2013-and-2014/story-fngeflq8-1226706093372

Deano, I take it all back!

I hope the club gets that man a job. Not at the club of course, but one good enough so that he drops the bitterness. .... also teach Tom not to gamble in club uniforms!

Pendlebury is a gun, and if young Wallis is anything of that ilk, then I'll be a very happy camper. However, to describe Wallis as a "fast, elusive midfielder" or a greyhound suggests he is different to Pendles. I'm just trying to find out what sort of player Wallis is / will be.

Pendlebury is very elusive and gets the ball moving very quickly with good decisions. If Wallis has that AND leg speed then he's going to be a superstar. Hopefully can develop in time to take over as Jobe wanes!! .... with Myers, Zaka, Melksham and Jackson*2 all still in their prime! .... oh I nearly forgot Heppell!

Loved Darcy. Such a shame his body never allowed him a decent run at it. I can remember him dominating the VFL in his first season at Essendon, playing the swingman role. Would hold the fort a CHB during the first half then go forward and kick bags of goals after half time (obviously not every week!). Would be handy in our current forward line / back line predicament!

Darcey could have been a very handy player. Never got a good run at it, did he? Was such a shame. Remember him playing some decent games in defence against a haplessly inaccurate Fevola one night at the 'G' (kick 2.7 from memory) whilst Darcy (I'm pretty sure it was) held his own in some of the marking contests. making life extremely difficult for the goal kicking superstar

Watching AFL360 and Gerarg Whately who spent the weekend with Port Adelaide just said that Gavin Wanganeen was in the Port rooms with his 11 year old son :oops:

Pull through Gav, you know where you should be
Said it a while ago, but at the Adelaide vs Essendon game 2 years ago I saw Gavin and his son was in full Essendon gear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wanga never like Hird .... not saying Jimmy will be coaching in 7 years but his boys will probably be around!

Still plenty of water to go under the bridge but id expect the Father/Son eligibility to increase from 100 AFL games to 150 AFL games by then to stop another Joe Daniher tug of war for a top talented teen having a choice such as Wanganeens kids.

Already been increased from 50 to 100 games, can't see why it couldn't increase another 50 games

And Harves and Bomba aren't exactly big fans of each other so the 93 reunions must be a blast.
I thought they were best mates and used to still catch up for weekly beers when harves was in melb and bomber geelong? Falling out?

Also think hird wrote in one of his books about how he and wanga came through almost together & were close because of that, and he felt really upset when wanga moved on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting James Hird Academy (Father/Son and Next Generation)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back