Recruiting James Hird Academy (Father/Son and Next Generation)

Remove this Banner Ad

KOBY BEWICK WATCH - Under 15 rep matches concluded, he finished in the best 2/3 games but did kick the 3rd most goals of any player in the Carnival.

Isn't the U15's carnival next month or was Koby playing in something different?

As a midfielder, Kako is becoming a serious weapon for the Cannons either as a first hands stoppage winner, or more commonly as a dangerous first receiver who bursts clear and delivers a creative and attacking ball by hand or foot. His accuracy on shots at goal continues to be an issue, but his field kicking is a weapon so perhaps his conversion issues are a case of the yips or a technical flaw that can be addressed.

Read somewhere that Ryan Eyre will be playing VFL for us from now on .
Cannons put something up on their socials that he had "graduated" to the full senior VFL list and was ineligible to be with the Cannons from now on.

Good on him. Has more workable tools than Josh despite wha BrunoV says :moustache:

Kako looks a real bowling ball, which is a prerequisite if you’re short.

Ok to be short but you need to be stumpy and thick through the trunk, which he is, and he’s performing as well, he’s doing all the right things

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I can gather about Caracella is that early in the season, when all the better prospects were playing, he struggled. Now mid season, with barely any playing, he's doing okay.

From what I can gather about Caracella is that early in the season, when all the better prospects were playing, he struggled. Now mid season, with barely any playing, he's doing okay.
If he doesn't win a brownlow I'm blaming you

Ugly day for the 3rd placed Falcons (4.12.36) losing to the 7th placed Jets (12.12.84) by 48 points

Our boy Noah Caracella had 11 touches and a goal including 3 marks and 4 rebound 50's, assuringly playing out on the wing again.

Bye for the Cannons

Ryan Eyre made his official VFL debut for the Bombers (16.11.107) against perennially VFL powerhouse Port Melbourne (11.15.81).

In an often gruelling contest, he didn't look overawed with 11 possessions (7k, 4hb), 5 marks, 2 I50 and 3 R50's.
Did have a couple of genuine howlers that led directly to shots on goal but looked comfortable at the level including taking the kicking in at times.

Calder Cannons take on Bendigo Pioneers on Sunday, whilst Geelong Falcons take on Oakleigh Chargers also Sunday. The VFL Bombers take on Casey at the win tunnel called Casey Fields on Sunday as well.

With the change to NGA bidding that seems likely to be implemented prior to this year's draft Kako looks destined to end up at Essendon next season. Bomber fans can look forward to watching a dynamic and creative small forward who brings a strong pressure game and regularly hits the scoreboard. This was a solid final Champs performance from Kako who's overall series has strengthened his case to be considered the best small forward in the pool.

With the change to NGA bidding that seems likely to be implemented prior to this year's draft Kako looks destined to end up at Essendon next season. Bomber fans can look forward to watching a dynamic and creative small forward who brings a strong pressure game and regularly hits the scoreboard. This was a solid final Champs performance from Kako who's overall series has strengthened his case to be considered the best small forward in the pool.

Probably not really fair to comment on one highlight reel. Looks to have had a decent day out. Interested to know a bit more about how he goes in forwardline traffic, and hoping the long kick in to a 1 on 4 isn't a usual characteristic.

Small tidbit from a Herald Sun article on the U12 schoolboy squad that Jacob Lloyd has made

“Jacob Lloyd, Haileybury College

Son of Essendon great Matthew, Jacob is a small forward who hits the contest hard. The youngest member of the Vic side, he is a tackling machine, hard-at-the-footy and kicks it well. Often does the unrewarded stuff.”

Probably not really fair to comment on one highlight reel. Looks to have had a decent day out. Interested to know a bit more about how he goes in forwardline traffic, and hoping the long kick in to a 1 on 4 isn't a usual characteristic.
I've made I think 9 or 10 videos from Kako's games. This is a playlist of the 7 from this year:

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting James Hird Academy (Father/Son and Next Generation)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back