Bumped James Kelly in the club song

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: I'm interested to know your thoughts...

I was annoyed when I saw it too, because I knew the media would be all over it for the rest of the weekend. But on the other hand, if Geelong are travelling well enough that all the media can find to criticise is the way we sing the song then so be it. ;)

I'm not worried about it too much to be honest, yes it probably was a stupid thing to do and Kelly knows it, but they have won so many games in the last 4 years that it would be hard to keep motivated about singing the song, they tend to joke around when they sing it now too, Scarlett last week now Kelly this week.

P.S: What do you think about little Stoke's ?? he hasn't sung the song once since he came back ??[/quote]

He has never sung the song, just look at old games.

I'll give you a tip-the one thing the crowd does WHENEVER Pods gets the ball, and/or goes off for a rest, is make lots of noise and smile. :thumbsu::D

Atmosphere yesterday was dead. A few people commented on it. Pods and Tomahawk and the occasional sparkle by Gary were the only things that made the game interesting. Oh and watching Watts for the first time - was disappointed they rested their other young guns but understand they want to have a real crack at Carlton this week. Good luck to them.

I don't see anything wrong with it. Most good teams aren't going to belt out the song after a blow-out win unless it's a final or another big game, and Kelly's just a smart arse. It's not just Geelong that muck around during the team song as well. I've seen plenty of other teams players gouging eyes and ears, and throwing tape and bottles of gatorade.

Seriously, have a laugh people! I for one think it's hilarious and every week I watch it to see who does something funny.

As a Cats supporter I am more worried about the supporters, they may as well have been at a Sunday School picnic yesterday. Couldn't get a cheer, a clap or a barrack from many of them where I was sitting, good people that they are.
Even when Pods marked and kicked that last amazing goal, the one that swung back, they were silent. Then not even a smile on their face as they left .
And they didn't sing the song either.

Are you serious? Where were you sitting? i was in the Ablett terrace and the crowd went nuts. They were even standing, cheering and appluading when the big fellow went off for a rest.

Can't believe its even become an issue. He saw the camera coming and probably thought i'm going to try and do something funny like we do most weeks. I laughed when i saw it, looks like others did too, and he probably had mates watching who he thought would get a laugh out of it too. Mission accomplished.

That said, the media responded extremely predictably.

Obviously not where you where BarryG. But glad that there was some noise being made.

I LOVE THAT STUFF.

Cmon, they are humans, like, us, they like to take the piss and laugh. If it was the GF I am not to sure he would be Doohen rabbit ears. Probably unlikely!

James kelly

Hey guys congrats on the flogging. Outclassed us in every departmen except the ruck.

I'm going to sound like a sore loser but just thought I'd point out that I was pretty disappointed, as I hope all of you are at James kelly's schoolgirl antics in the sheds after the game, on national television. There is a major attitude problem there and he does not deserve a game next week.

If your leaders hve any backbone at all, he'll be running laps all week and playing for the magoos to teach him that you won't be winning like this forever.

Not a great example to be setting for the kids out there.

Not a good way to sell your product either.

Ok, proceed to slaughter me now

Re: James kelly

Understand your feelings.

It is an in joke down in Cat Land, not to offend opposition. But obviously this one has, i think he will get a slap on the wrist.

They have been doing these sorts of things for the last 3 years, but this one was probably a bit much.

I thought it had more to do with Ablett then the Demons, but that is just me.

Hey guys congrats on the flogging. Outclassed us in every departmen except the ruck.

I'm going to sound like a sore loser but just thought I'd point out that I was pretty disappointed, as I hope all of you are at James kelly's schoolgirl antics in the sheds after the game, on national television. There is a major attitude problem there and he does not deserve a game next week.
Oh boo fricking hoo.Suck it up Princess and go back to following your Lemons
Fricking whinging w***ers :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If your leaders hve any backbone at all, he'll be running laps all week and playing for the magoos to teach him that you won't be winning like this forever.

Not a great example to be setting for the kids out there.

Not a good way to sell your product either.

Ok, proceed to slaughter me now

You forgot to add ill-informed, politically correct, overly-sensitive girlie-man.
You and your pathetic club deserve nothing but contempt for bringing our great game into disrepute by an unabashed 2 years of blatant tanking in order to cheat your way to a good list.
When you achieve a 10th of what Geelong has done in the past 3 years without systematically rorting the system, you may then politely request permission to lick James Kelly's bootstraps.
Take this shit to the Bay.

Oh boo fricking hoo.Suck it up Princess and go back to following your Lemons
Fricking whinging w***ers :rolleyes:

It's good to see that we have at least one sensitive new age guy on the Cats portal.;)

I cant believe this is suddenly an issue, its been going on for ages. I suppose our footballs been so brilliant that they need something else to criticise, but seriously, it's all a bit petty!

The amount of BS on this issue, along with the BS over poor wittle Lloydee, just shows that there is just too much airtime devoted to footy these days. The balance is just screwy. A friend told me last night that there was even talk yesterday on SEN that the Dees may have the Cats measure on the MCG if they were to meet in the second week of the finals. I mean, for f***'s sake. So much airtime, so much BS.

Don't care.

I've never liked the cameras being in the rooms.

It removes some mystique.

One of the biggest beat-ups this season. Just a way for ignorant opposition supporters to have a go at our club. Kelly would be one of the last players to show arrogance or disrespect to anyone.

However, Bomber's curt response to Lloyd's question after the game took me by surprise. I think Bomber just needs to cool it and keep his frustration with the Ablett's saga under wraps as it's not doing much for the club at the moment.

The amount of BS on this issue, along with the BS over poor wittle Lloydee, just shows that there is just too much airtime devoted to footy these days. The balance is just screwy. A friend told me last night that there was even talk yesterday on SEN that the Dees may have the Cats measure on the MCG if they were to meet in the second week of the finals. I mean, for f***'s sake. So much airtime, so much BS.

Got our measure on the MCG ??? I'm pretty sure we play that ground better than the Dees.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bumped James Kelly in the club song

Remove this Banner Ad

Back