News James Peatling chooses Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Outstanding news. Him and Cumming is great stuff. ANB will be good for the right price, which is looking more likely now we’re trading for Peatling. That said, there’s nothing arriving that warrants dicing up our F1 yet. We get 4 and next year’s first right and we’re not far away. Now to start churning lie ceiling fringe players and we can start genuinely competing.
Already looking like 4 players come straight in with pick 4 , Peatling , ANB and cumming

We look to have more speed , more maturity and hopefully improved our ability to play 4 quarters which we’ve struggled with

Then more competition for spots hopefully drives people in pre season , guys like Pedlar and Cook playing for their careers

Laird is my main worry , it’s better if he gets traded

GWS have him listed at 196cm.

I agree with your comment about always being on the move. He's got a real point of difference compared to some of our other midfielders in that he's looking to exit the contest, rather than bore in.
Assume you mean 186? haha
Ah yep i've just checked, quick Google has 182 but GWS site 186cm.
That looks more reasonable. Perfect size. We have the smalls in Rankine and Soligo, and have the talls in Dawson and Curtin coming through. 186 compliments the mix well.

Already looking like 4 players come straight in with pick 4 , Peatling , ANB and cumming

We look to have more speed , more maturity and hopefully improved our ability to play 4 quarters which we’ve struggled with

Then more competition for spots hopefully drives people in pre season , guys like Pedlar and Cook playing for their careers

Laird is my main worry , it’s better if he gets traded
Yep it’s definitely looking rosier, there are no more excuses for this coaching team.

Remaining concerns are ruck and what the hell we going to do with Laird. Honestly can’t see a role for him. We need to be ruthless and tell him now he’s playing reserves and to find a new home in the next couple of weeks. Someone will want him and we’d get something half reasonable in return.

Can’t play midfield and can’t play back.

I think we will pick both Crouch and Laird.

But we will have at least two best 22 midfielders coming into the club in the off season. There's no way they should be picked
I'm worried that because we only picked the young mids under duress after a long period of resistance... that they will be the ones to move out of the team for the recruits.

Could see it happen.

Yep it’s definitely looking rosier, there are no more excuses for this coaching team.

Remaining concerns are ruck and what the hell we going to do with Laird. Honestly can’t see a role for him. We need to be ruthless and tell him now he’s playing reserves and to find a new home in the next couple of weeks. Someone will want him and we’d get something half reasonable in return.

If Nicks is serious, he goes full Bevo-on-Macrae and recognises the game has gone past Laird

But he’s still Nicks, after all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zero excuses.

Backed Nicks in. Hired someone to fix the shitty assistants we've blamed. Multiple best 22 player acquisitions.

Nowhere to hide. Has to make finals

Good to get this one over the line. Now we just need to avoid selling the farm to get him and ANB in. The most I would want to accept is giving away our 2nd rounder and next year's 2nd rounder for the two of them. If we start touching our F1 I won't be very happy with it unless we're getting back something very significant extra in return.
Agree but not hopeful

Pumped about this. I remember watching him in the last quarter of the GWS/Melbourne game at the G and thinking "this kid can play". Nice to get a win like this.
Similarly, saw him live at the Gabba when the Giants came from behind to beat the Lions in R22 (oh how things change)
9 clearances from 20 touches - really got the game back in their favour Q2 and Q3.

Zero excuses.

Backed Nicks in. Hired someone to fix the shitty assistants we've blamed. Multiple best 22 player acquisitions.

Nowhere to hide. Has to make finals
Easier draw incoming, too

Should be one of, if not the most under pressure coach next year

I know we're excited by our new toy and all, but what?

Peatling has done **** all to be considered better than Solgio right now. Even Cummings over Hinge reeks of overeating our new signings.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good signing and has potential to be a 3rd-5th inside midfielder if all goes well. Bit like Cummings, they bolster the middle part of the best 22 and have potential to fix issues that propped up last year.
Look no offence, but I’d trust a poster’s assessment of a player’s ability a lot more if they could get their name correct.

Wait 'til the neck comes out of the shell...
drew brees basketball GIF

Like this

Remove this Banner Ad

News James Peatling chooses Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back