News James Peatling chooses Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Better than Berry for sure.
Maybe less upside than Soligo but currently better than him
Dowling hasn't been given a proper crack at this position he was drafted in so wait and see.
Cumming is better than Hinge but not sure how to compare him with Peatling.
No way is Cumming better than Hinge. I’m happy to get him but Hinge is top 5-8 in our team imo.

drew brees basketball GIF

Like this
Drew Brees still only 5'4"...

Because you are brought Hinge into it in the same sentence.

OK let's look at 2023 when both played 20 games

Harder to accumulate on a wing

I have Hinge as better right now due to having the most recent exposed form, but sending Cumming back to HB could be the best thing for him to get back to his best

Cumming played Wing last year. If you want to compare like for like then look at 21/22.
Hey it's you that brought the comparison into it....not me
"Cumming is better than Hinge but not sure how to compare him with Peatling.

Yep it’s definitely looking rosier, there are no more excuses for this coaching team.

Remaining concerns are ruck and what the hell we going to do with Laird. Honestly can’t see a role for him. We need to be ruthless and tell him now he’s playing reserves and to find a new home in the next couple of weeks. Someone will want him and we’d get something half reasonable in return.

Can’t play midfield and can’t play back.
Strong agree

I actually could see him in a decent team in a lockdown defence role , he’d prob go ok at Geelong and those sort of teams

We don’t need him anywhere in our side and basically don’t need to get much in return , be honest with him and see what outside opportunities come up for him

Missing out on Luko has been a blessing

I don’t think we would have targeted Peatling if Luko decided on Adelaide

We went late and hard at Peatling once Luko selected Port

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agreed.

Luko wasn't a need for us & moreso for Port.

The 3 ins are all more of a need for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harder to accumulate on a wing

I have Hinge as better right now due to having the most recent exposed form, but sending Cumming back to HB could be the best thing for him to get back to his best
It’s great how much versatility we are going to have now with our side

I’d love to see Cumming start at half back where he’s played his best footy but no doubt he will play some wing too

Hinge I’d also play at half back but also give him some short stints in midfield

It’s great how much versatility we are going to have now with our side

I’d love to see Cumming start at half back where he’s played his best footy but no doubt he will play some wing too

Hinge I’d also play at half back but also give him some short stints in midfield
Yep, a lot of positional flexibility. Hell, we might even send Dawson back there a bit too, when he needs a rest and Peatling/Rankine/Soligo are in the CBAs

Really makes you wonder why we re-signed Berry as soon as we did. Surely we should've waited to see who we could bring in and whether we could get some interest? I refuse to believe that he wouldn't have attracted any at all.

Although I wonder what we'll do with Schoenberg even though he's contracted. He's a fair way down the list now.
We can still trade him if we didn’t want him.

We may actually value his worth to the list and see potential for him to take the next step up

Otherwise we just say hey your down a ring on the depth chart, if you want to revisit those options we can facilitate a trade, while having the stronger position of a contracted player

We may actually value his worth to the list and see potential for him to take the next step up

Otherwise we just say hey your down a ring on the depth chart, if you want to revisit those options we can facilitate a trade, while having the stronger position of a contracted player
When was the last time someone re-signed and then got traded in the same season?

Schache?

Didn't the AFL bring in a rule that you can't trade a recently re-signed player?

When was the last time someone re-signed and then got traded in the same season?

Schache?
Not often but just saying the arguement that we shouldn’t have rushed to sign him up, as if the club would now regret it, doesn’t really stack up because if this peatling signature is unexpected and the difference between keeping him and not then we’re not locked in really

It’s more a reflection that the club rates what berry can bring. Either to the best 22, by adding squad depth they feel valuable and/or in where his development takes him

Didn't the AFL bring in a rule that you can't trade a recently re-signed player?
Think it was once but not sure it is now?

To be honest I can’t see why it should be given player and club need to ageee to a trade and AFLPA are all about “restraint of trade” that if it’s in players best interests they’d fight it

Remove this Banner Ad

News James Peatling chooses Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back