News James Peatling chooses Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll make on forecast the Northern Academies and at least 1 F/S (Tom McGuane) will make up a goodly percentage of the 1st round
Oh yeah, it'll be so compromised it'll probably make last year's draft look pure.

But I think of Academy players as essentially "additive". They wouldn't be there if not for the Academies. They essentially belong to a separate pool. As you'd know very well, there'll still be lots of talent available in the open pool.

Speaking of – do you know who the promising 2025 ruck prospects are?

There were no other ins though

We weren't treating it as an all-in year whatsoever.

Hope we do well and if not we'll get an early pick.

We didn't need to improve, we were presumptive finalists and organic growth was going to make us premiership contenders baby!

I think the best outcome for this trade is we get a third club involved that wants pick 45.

Given all we need is pick 4 and points for Welsh in 2024 that selection might have some interest for a low 2025 second round pick which we can us for Peatling.

I don't think we should do a straight swap for a f2 as we could have a number of list spots next year to fill and and we don't want to be doing that with 2025 4th round picks.

I think the best outcome for this trade is we get a third club involved that wants pick 45.

Given all we need is pick 4 and points for Welsh in 2024 that selection might have some interest for a low 2025 second round pick which we can us for Peatling.

I don't think we should do a straight swap for a f2 as we could have a number of list spots next year to fill and and we don't want to be doing that with 2025 4th round picks.
Brisbane might dip into their 2025 picks to get that selection as extra points for Ashcroft/Marshall? They don’t have a lot of points as it stands

Turning the eye to this upcoming trade, we hope that our F2 will cut it. If not, we might have to try and go F2 + Pick 45 & 63 for Peatling and picks 52 & 55 for Welsh points (equivalent to pick 39, and then factor in the discount for F/S so it probably covers us for a big from low 30's onwards)? hoping that GWS don't really dig in on this one. And picks 52 & 55 they are most likely not using anyway.

Turning the eye to this upcoming trade, we hope that our F2 will cut it. If not, we might have to try and go F2 + Pick 45 & 63 for Peatling and picks 52 & 55 for Welsh points (equivalent to pick 39, and then factor in the discount for F/S so it probably covers us for a big from low 30's onwards)? hoping that GWS don't really dig in on this one. And picks 52 & 55 they are most likely not using anyway.
I’d probably go to F2 + 45 for Peatling and 55

55 and 63 will move in as the bids for Ashcroft/Kako/Lombard/Marshall get matched, too

I think we will get a 3rd club involved with this one. Try to hold onto a F2 somehow even if we give ours up and get one back.

As I said above, given our likely list vacancies in 2025 I don't think we can afford to dip into future picks too much.

I think we will get a 3rd club involved with this one. Try to hold onto a F2 somehow even if we give ours up and get one back.

As I said above, given our likely list vacancies in 2025 I don't think we can afford to dip into future picks too much.
How would we do that in practice though without dipping into next year? we have pick 45 and something in the 60's?

Anyway, as long as we hold our F1, the I'd worry about next year then, players may leave and we get some draft capital for etc, bring future picks in again...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d probably go to F2 + 45 for Peatling and 55

55 and 63 will move in as the bids for Ashcroft/Kako/Lombard/Marshall get matched, too
Pick 45 is as good as worthless for us with our draft set up and late academy guy. That future second probably isn't enough on its own though.
Hearing that the teams haven't even sat down yet makes me think this will go late and involve picks that are yet to be moved.

Pick 45 is as good as worthless for us with our draft set up and late academy guy. That future second probably isn't enough on its own though.
Hearing that the teams haven't even sat down yet makes me think this will go late and involve picks that are yet to be moved.
Of course it's enough on its own. The Giants played him as the sub until they had to give him a full game due to injuries. Given the Giants only offered 2 years originally, that's what you valued him at before other clubs sniffed an opportunity. This will likely be a F2 and a shuffling of late picks next year.

This deal will be the main focus for both teams for the next week and a bit, but yeah if you guys play hardball it could go down to the wire

As I mentioned, we could maybe convince Brisbane to trade us their F2 for 45 and offer that up, as well?

Of course it's enough on its own. The Giants played him as the sub until they had to give him a full game due to injuries. Given the Giants only offered 2 years originally, that's what you valued him at before other clubs sniffed an opportunity. This will likely be a F2 and a shuffling of late picks next year.
Any talk of the F1 being used for this (even splitting the pick) is laughable tbh

A pick potentially in the low 20's not enough for an out of contract player that had 7 games as sub? Bartender please cut this man off.

You only gave him a fair go when forced. Now you value him after the mass exodus.
I am sure both parties will come to a resolution and no we aren't paying the perryman, we won't even fix a price.

You only gave him a fair go when forced. Now you value him after the mass exodus.
I am sure both parties will come to a resolution and no we aren't paying the perryman, we won't even fix a price.
And it still took them til the very end to offer him a decent contract

This deal will be the main focus for both teams for the next week and a bit, but yeah if you guys play hardball it could go down to the wire

As I mentioned, we could maybe convince Brisbane to trade us their F2 for 45 and offer that up, as well?
It's essentially another pick in the 40s though. Just don't see it

Remove this Banner Ad

News James Peatling chooses Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back